The Student Room Group

EY Assessment Centre 2016

Hi everyone,
I have EY AC coming soon.
Could you please share your AC experiences?
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samzer
Hi everyone,
I have EY AC coming soon.
Could you please share your AC experiences?
Thanks!

Hey Samzer,

Whens your AC and what service line location you going for.. i have mine soon too!.. i think i know what we could expect..
Reply 2
Hi
I applied for Audit. What about you? If you don't mind, could you please share your information?
Thanks in advance!
Reply 3
allow it, why do u wanna work for EY anyway, its way better to work for a bank. Do you really wanna work for them, do u know what it is they actually do lol, its basically the most boring kind of work possible with **** money.
Original post by samzer
Hi
I applied for Audit. What about you? If you don't mind, could you please share your information?
Thanks in advance!

Same here Audit, which location? maybe our AC may be on same day!...do you know what date yours is on?......Yeah i know the structure of it really thorugh what others have said..

A Written Communication Exercise
A Group Exercise
Employee Lunch
Role Play Case Study Exercise
Confirmatory Aptitude Tests
Interview
Reply 5
I'd prefer not to mention location:smile:
Nope mate, EY AC structure is different.
It will consist of written and group exercises and that's all. But when coming to details of these exercises, I am really keen to know them.
Really? So ther will be no role play or lunch and interview??... Do you know the success rate of going through AC.. I heard it was about 8% chance i hope this isnt right bcos its too small!
Reply 7
Original post by The SakMan
Really? So ther will be no role play or lunch and interview??... Do you know the success rate of going through AC.. I heard it was about 8% chance i hope this isnt right bcos its too small!

I don't know exactly but AC pass rate I think will be about 50% and more
Reply 8
Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering if any of you could expand on what type of questions the EY what's your mind-set test is based on. I usually use Assessment Day but I am unsure of which company provides the the tests for EY so I'm confused on which types of tests to practice.
[QUOTE=nju;61948051]Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering if any of you could expand on what type of questions the EY what's your mind-set test is based on. I usually use Assessment Day but I am unsure of which company provides the the tests for EY so I'm confused on which types of tests to practice.

They use saville for their tests

Assessments are provided by CAPP not Saville this year all strength based.
Reply 11

nope mate it was for the last year
this year they totally changed structure of application
Reply 12
Original post by hopefullgraduate
Assessments are provided by CAPP not Saville this year all strength based.
hi
do you mean assessments at AC? could you please elaborate more on this?
Original post by samzer
hi
do you mean assessments at AC? could you please elaborate more on this?

All online assessments
Reply 14
Original post by hopefullgraduate
All online assessments

all ACs or only those where strengths based exercises are included?
Original post by IBIB
allow it, why do u wanna work for EY anyway, its way better to work for a bank. Do you really wanna work for them, do u know what it is they actually do lol, its basically the most boring kind of work possible with **** money.

I take it you mean IB, where you work 80 hours a week and thus have basically no life but I guess you get payed more, per hour not so much.
Reply 16
Original post by IBIB
I fully agree with you..IB's salary and work experience is much more better compated to Big4..but please don't forget about competition for IB jobs..thus, I just want to be safe and applied for Big4 where at least 1 out of 20 applicants get offer, whereas for IB only 1 out of 135 candidates is successful.
Original post by samzer
I fully agree with you..IB's salary and work experience is much more better compated to Big4..but please don't forget about competition for IB jobs..thus, I just want to be safe and applied for Big4 where at least 1 out of 20 applicants get offer, whereas for IB only 1 out of 135 candidates is successful.

I wouldn't be so sure it's safer, for IB you don't have to go through all these elaborate tests and stages.
Reply 18
Original post by Terry Tibbs
I wouldn't be so sure it's safer, for IB you don't have to go through all these elaborate tests and stages.

yes u don't, but you go through much tougher interviews...and competition for London IB is 1 vacancy for about 135 candidates
Original post by samzer
yes u don't, but you go through much tougher interviews...and competition for London IB is 1 vacancy for about 135 candidates

The interviews are certainly tough but out of interest, where did you find this statistic of 1:20 / 1:135 and Big 4 interviews/assessment being easier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending