The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pauli14
You're from Hong Kong?! 😱😱 That's so cool!

Yes! eehheee I study in the UK though! Can't wait to go to Durham's open day and visit!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by jaseho98
Yes! eehheee I study in the UK though! Can't wait to go to Durham's open day and visit!

Me neither! 😍😍😍
Reply 262
Hey guys! I got my expected rejection from Cambridge yesterday, so now i can join you all in this lovely thread!

Course is Politics with a Year Abroad, AAA offer, and I applied to St.Chads! :smile:
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Hey I applied to St Johns too for Biosciences! Don't worry about Cambridge, you'll make your memories at Durham - probably have a slightly better social life too! :biggrin:

Haha that's very true! :biggrin: Hopefully see you at St Johns!
Original post by ombtom
Does anyone have an offer for Physics yet?

Hey got my durham offer in november, how is your ucas going, decided where to go yet? :smile:
Original post by Madhog
Hey guys! I got my expected rejection from Cambridge yesterday, so now i can join you all in this lovely thread!

Course is Politics with a Year Abroad, AAA offer, and I applied to St.Chads! :smile:

Are you doing the politics course or combined honors in social science? I am doing politics via combined honors - i have an offer from chad's too!
Original post by Patrick2810
Hey got my durham offer in november, how is your ucas going, decided where to go yet? :smile:

You must have an amazing application form :tongue: I'm still waiting for a decision. I can't decide between St Andrews and Durham.
Reply 267
Original post by astriddd
Are you doing the politics course or combined honors in social science? I am doing politics via combined honors - i have an offer from chad's too!

I'm just doing the straight politics course, I really liked it because it has opportunities for placements abroad! I loved Chads from the moment I read about it, although I haven't been to visit yet! Have you been before?!
Original post by Madhog
I'm just doing the straight politics course, I really liked it because it has opportunities for placements abroad! I loved Chads from the moment I read about it, although I haven't been to visit yet! Have you been before?!

no i haven't, i'm really excited to see it! i'm doing the year abroad as well - thought the course looked really good, much room for choosing what you want to do!
I also got rejected from Cambridge (fun!). Hoping for an offer from Durham for my insurance. I applied for chemistry (seems that there are a few people with offers already :s-smilie: hopefully that's not a bad sign for me haha)
Reply 270
Original post by astriddd
no i haven't, i'm really excited to see it! i'm doing the year abroad as well - thought the course looked really good, much room for choosing what you want to do!

Yeah, I am so bloody excited to go now, hope I don't get reallocated to another college in a few weeks!

Original post by victoria98
I also got rejected from Cambridge (fun!). Hoping for an offer from Durham for my insurance. I applied for chemistry (seems that there are a few people with offers already :s-smilie: hopefully that's not a bad sign for me haha)

I would not worry, a friend of mine applied the same day as me, for the same course, and only got an offer this week, despite me getting one well before Christmas. Durham are weird with how long it takes to make an offer!
I applied to do Geography (BA) and really didn't expect to get an offer back so I didnt put a college down! I got my offer on the 7th of January and applied in October! The entry requirements are A*AA, but they've lowered them for me to AAA or A*AB. So happy!

Also, does anybody know how long it takes for college allocation/ how they do it if you didn't put a preference down? Good luck guys :smile:
Original post by georgias98
I applied to do Geography (BA) and really didn't expect to get an offer back so I didnt put a college down! I got my offer on the 7th of January and applied in October! The entry requirements are A*AA, but they've lowered them for me to AAA or A*AB. So happy!

Also, does anybody know how long it takes for college allocation/ how they do it if you didn't put a preference down? Good luck guys :smile:

Congrats! College allocation starts in february, if you look it up on the internet it explains it step by step☺️
Reply 273
Got my Cambridge rejection the other day, but to be honest I'm really not too upset as I've got an offer from Durham (came in early December if you're wondering). Assuming I get my two A's this year, I'll be doing Law and if I don't get re-allocated I'll be in St. Mary's. Thought I'd post on here since I'm kinda excited about going to Durham to be honest :biggrin:

Edit: just realised people have put their grades and stuff on so I'll do the same:

AS: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
GCSE: 5A*4A
Also applied to Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol and Cambridge (rejected by Cambridge, offer from Bristol and Durham, haven't heard from the other two)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pauli14
Congrats! College allocation starts in february, if you look it up on the internet it explains it step by step☺️

thank you! where did you apply to?
Original post by georgias98
thank you! where did you apply to?

Collingwood☺️
Just got an offer of A*AA for economics :smile: applied for St Mary's college
Reply 277
Original post by katieeleanor98
Just got an offer of A*AA for economics :smile: applied for St Mary's college

Same college as me :smile: congratulations, you must be feeling relieved!
Hey got an offer a few hours ago!!! So excited about Durham!!!
Course: Mathematics (Masters)
College applied to: Hatfied
Background: State School
Offer: A*A (maths and f maths in any order) and and A in either French or Physics
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
Other offers: Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle
Was rejected by Cambridge post interview, but now I'm feeling great as the next day Durham gave me an offer.
GCSEs: About 12 A*s and an A
Notes: Considering asking Durham about doing MMath European Studies so I get to keep my French up
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 279
Wow, didn't know this thread existed, I was wondering why the other Durham thread was so quiet!

Received an offer for Natural Sciences - St Mary's on Wed 6th Jan, a few hours after my Oxford biochemistry rejection. So it really helped!

A*AA, I chose biology and earth sciences (ideally would've been chemistry but I don't do A2 maths), and was having second thoughts about ES but I've been told on here it is easy to change once you start if you don't like it.

So it's either between Durham or UCL (also NatSci) for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending