The Student Room Group

Ucas application - Can't enter the date in which I expect to receive my grade

Hi all

I sat my A-levels in 2014. I dropped out of my original uni and decided to re-take a few A-levels. Because my attendance of my old sixth-form from '12-'14 and I won't be sitting my resits until summer 2016 the ucas application will not let me enter 2016 for the date of completion of my A-level (retake) unless I put my sixth-form attendance from 12-16 despite not actually being at the college any more. (note: I am actually sitting my re-takes at my old sixth-form but as a private candidate and not an enrolled student)

Shall I just put the attendance from 12-16 even though this is not technically correct information?
Original post by countduckula1906
Hi all

I sat my A-levels in 2014. I dropped out of my original uni and decided to re-take a few A-levels. Because my attendance of my old sixth-form from '12-'14 and I won't be sitting my resits until summer 2016 the ucas application will not let me enter 2016 for the date of completion of my A-level (retake) unless I put my sixth-form attendance from 12-16 despite not actually being at the college any more. (note: I am actually sitting my re-takes at my old sixth-form but as a private candidate and not an enrolled student)

Shall I just put the attendance from 12-16 even though this is not technically correct information?

Just put in the month you will be sitting exams and make sure you have ticked the 'part time' box. You'll be putting it in twice.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Just put in the month you will be sitting exams and make sure you have ticked the 'part time' box. You'll be putting it in twice.

I've tried that :/ You have to put month and year of when the qualification was completed. The only way I can get 2016 to appear in the drop down menu is by changing my sixth-form attendance from 2012-2016 which isn't correct information.

Shall I enter the my old sixth-form again, and enter the re-takes there?
Off topic but if I want to reapply for Uni throught ucas for 2016 do I need to make another UCAS acount?

I can't even remember the details for the one I had last year?
I've tried that :/ You have to put month and year of when the qualification was completed. The only way I can get 2016 to appear in the drop down menu is by changing my sixth-form attendance from 2012-2016 which isn't correct information.

Shall I enter the my old sixth-form again, and enter the re-takes there?

Yes, that's what I meant by putting it in twice.
This might help:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633
Original post by Evil Genius
Off topic but if I want to reapply for Uni throught ucas for 2016 do I need to make another UCAS acount?

I can't even remember the details for the one I had last year?

Yes, you do. You have until Friday at 6pm before it's late.
Yes, you do. You have until Friday at 6pm before it's late.

Thanks, I was just about to post a thread asking the question. What happens after friday 6pm? I should be able to get my application in time but what if I don't, do i got to wait until 2017?
Yes, that's what I meant by putting it in twice.
This might help:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633

That's great! thank you:smile:
Original post by Evil Genius
Thanks, I was just about to post a thread asking the question. What happens after friday 6pm? I should be able to get my application in time but what if I don't, do i got to wait until 2017?

No, many universities will still consider you, but you will go to the bottom of the pile for consideration, below those applications which were on time. It very much depends on what you are applying for. If you don't get any offers, you are eligible fro Extra, which opens in February, and if that fails, you will have an account ready for Clearing.
That's great! thank you:smile:

You're welcome.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending