The Student Room Group

Help with a level choices?!

So I have originally decided to take eng lit, french, maths and history and I want to take history at university (hopefully oxford?)
However, my teacher is pushing me to take further maths. If I did take further maths I would have to change my choices in option blocks around (due to the fact that I have to take further maths and maths in specific blocks). This would also mean that I would have to change my other options due to the option blocks too.
I would either be able to do: further maths, eng lit/lang, maths and history
further maths, french, maths and history
Or should I keep my options like they were at the start??
(I am predicted a's and a*'s in everything)
I think your current options look good as they are. Personally I would leave out Further Maths.

Just ones humble opinion. hehe
Reply 2
Original post by rrolivia
So I have originally decided to take eng lit, french, maths and history and I want to take history at university (hopefully oxford?)
However, my teacher is pushing me to take further maths. If I did take further maths I would have to change my choices in option blocks around (due to the fact that I have to take further maths and maths in specific blocks). This would also mean that I would have to change my other options due to the option blocks too.
I would either be able to do: further maths, eng lit/lang, maths and history
further maths, french, maths and history
Or should I keep my options like they were at the start??
(I am predicted a's and a*'s in everything)

You could do 5 (teach yourself further maths). :colondollar:
Original post by ombtom
You could do 5 (teach yourself further maths). :colondollar:

:colone:
Reply 4
Original post by Student403
:colone:

It's my standard advice. :wink:
Original post by ombtom
It's my standard advice. :wink:

And rightly so
Reply 6
eng lit is craaazy
Don't do something just because your teacher tells you to do it- it's your life and your future university course at the end of the day, not theirs.

Quick Reply