The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OllyRoberts
Can somebody explain to me how St Andrews go about giving offers after the interview?

Original post by merbear6022
Hey! I got my invitation to interview via email back in November. No updates on track regarding interviews for any of the medical schools I've applied to.
10A*s and an A at GCSE
4As AS
Predicted A*A*A at A2
UKCAT 2790 (av. 697.5) & Band 2 SJT

Have you guys had interviews already last month? I had mine then, patiently waiting now haha they said they give some offer 'early in the application process' and the rest in march so maybe ppl could get some soon! I think 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
I just assume all unis are March (might get a surprise before that lol but working with worst case / most dragged out scenario) so the way I'm looking at it we'll all know everything for sure come the start of April.
Original post by Wan2bedoc
Have you guys had interviews already last month? I had mine then, patiently waiting now haha they said they give some offer 'early in the application process' and the rest in march so maybe ppl could get some soon! I think 😊

How did you find your interview if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by bigs1998
How did you find your interview if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Hey it was pretty good i think the interviewers were nice and the mmi itself actually went very quickly. Just prepare yourself well and you should be fine :smile:

I have mine on Wednesday 😁😁 any last minute tips to give?
I have mine on Wednesday 😁😁 any last minute tips to give?

Oh well good luck :smile: not really that much needed haha just be enthusiastic and answer carefully
Oh well good luck :smile: not really that much needed haha just be enthusiastic and answer carefully

Ok thank you 😊
Need a quick response, do you need to take anything to the interview apart from ID?
Oh, just checked my junk mail and turns out I have an interview :smile: wasn't expecting that!
Need a quick response, do you need to take anything to the interview apart from ID?

Everywhere else is just ID so I'd expect SA to be the same.
How did the interview go for the Wednesday peeps?
Original post by TheMouseyS
How did the interview go for the Wednesday peeps?

It's tuesday?
Original post by Docjones1
It's tuesday?

Errm oh yeah.... That's nerves for you my friend :redface:
Who else had interview today? :smile: :frown: :smile: :frown: :colone::frown:
Interview for the 16th February! :smile: anyone else?
Who else had interview today? :smile: :frown: :smile: :frown: :colone::frown:

How did it go?
Original post by TheMouseyS
How did it go?

No clue haha. Only got a bit tongue twisted on one station - it's intense! Most interviewers were friendly (one... not so much)
(edited 8 years ago)
No clue haha. Only got a bit tongue twisted on one station - it's intense! Most interviewers were friendly (one... not so much)

is it mostly role play \ practical tasks, or mostly formal interview qs ?
Original post by sunburner
is it mostly role play \ practical tasks, or mostly formal interview qs ?

Am I allowed to say? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Am I allowed to say? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Well yeah lol, Dundee for example (which Ive already interviewed for ) makes it clear to everyone online that the 10 stations are made of 5 formal questions, 5 role play !
but unlike dundee, St A dont seem to have that on their website

you're just not allowed (or, advised against ) talking about actual questions that came up. but thats not what im asking :smile: just if the empahsis is on role play or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending