The Student Room Group

40,000 trapped and starving in Syrian town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35295250

UN refugee agency representative Sajjad Malik found "horrifying conditions" while delivering food overnight for the 40,000 people trapped there. Doctors estimate there are 300 to 400 people who are severely malnourished. The UN hopes to deliver further aid to Madaya as well as two northern towns besieged by rebels, Foah and Kefraya. The World Health Organization has urged Syria's government to allow its mobile health clinics into Madaya.

And if ISIS isn't destroying Syria, the government is doing a good job at trying. I genuinely don't blame people trying to leave Syria and finding a better life.
Original post by Craig1998
I genuinely don't blame people trying to leave Syria and finding a better life.

I don't think anyone can blame that to be fair.
Reply 2
Original post by MrDystopia
I don't think anyone can blame that to be fair.

What? I meant the joint effort of ISIS and the government starving people, not just the latter.
What? I meant the joint effort of ISIS and the government starving people, not just the latter.

Well obviously?
Reply 4
Original post by MrDystopia
Well obviously?

I misunderstood your post, sorry.
ISIS/rebels stole food and then sold them at prices most couldn't afford.
Original post by 2FingerSalute
ISIS/rebels stole food and then sold them at prices most couldn't afford.

and Assad government soldiers besieged the town in the first place, both are to blame for this situation, both parties are besieging towns and both are serving a disgrace to humanity. Really sad situation in Syria for civilians....
Reply 7
Original post by drinktheoceans
and Assad government soldiers besieged the town in the first place, both are to blame for this situation, both parties are besieging towns and both are serving a disgrace to humanity. Really sad situation in Syria for civilians....

It's war, what do you expect them to do, tickle eachother?
I misunderstood your post, sorry.

It is fine :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending