The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I can't really take you seriously if you can't type the word "sex", not going to lie 😂It's not a taboo word. Thanks for the advice though, but I'll pass on researching into Islam. As I've said in my post, I simply do not believe a God exists. That is literally the first pillar of Islam - belief. Again, thank you for your time.

I, like you have been brought up in a culture that thinks it is. Fair enough. Good luck to you, I wish you the best. Please whatever you do, don't get forced to marry a man that you don't like.
Original post by SmashConcept

I have no regrets on clicking on this link. Damn 😍
Original post by Adeel Ali
She can find peace there. I'd say the hardest part is being celibate and controlling desires and temptations..
''Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will substitute him with something better''

Yeah as a Muslim I believe that we can find peace in Allah but the OP is not even a Muslim and has clearly stated that she's not even a theist. So there's no point in her researching something that she doesn't even believe in.
I, like you have been brought up in a culture that thinks it is. Fair enough. Good luck to you, I wish you the best. Please whatever you do, don't get forced to marry a man that you don't like.

Thank you, Adeel. Have a lovely evening :smile:
Less lust. Having S is zina. And unfortunately in your case cannot get married. :redface:
Research more into Islam. Although I admit you are in a very sad position.

Do you understand biology or psychology or sociology?

Firstly, being attracted to someone is not a choice it is a biological process in an attempt to find both protection and pass on genetics. But the body cannot distinguish between male and female.

Second, if you tell a child not to eat a certain type of sweet then they will likely lust after it more, but if you give them the sweet they don't want it as much anymore. That is basic human psychology, celibacy would lead to both sexual frustration and potential problems later down the line.

Third, of course she can get married! By law she can marry, maybe not culturally, but OP made it clear she isn't a big believer.

Do you really think that these things are a test? Muhammad lusted after a 9 y/o girl and slept with her, is paedophilia better than homosexuality?
She's Muslim and Asian. Different cultures buddy, its not as simple as move out..

No, she's not Muslim because she doesn't believe in God.
Original post by z33
fair enough, **** what the others think and just live your life how you want and if they wanna judge you let them who cares? enjoy your culture and enjoy your life

good luck :wink:

Thank you!
She's Muslim and Asian. Different cultures buddy, its not as simple as move out..

It's not simple, I'm aware Asian parents do that thing while they raise you that makes you dependent on them so there's that mental block which makes it difficult to move out. I'm sure coming from a Muslim background makes the controlling even worse, even though she's stated numerous times she isn't religious.

Still doesn't make it impossible and if she's going to have to live with that ignorance her whole life, becoming independent is the only way she's gonna be happy.

She is Anglo-Asian from the sounds of things. She isn't a big believer and seemingly neither is her family. In the UK, it is legal. No issue, maybe in your family, but not in hers.
That's interesting. I've never heard that before. Basically, I'll live a lonely life with no man, no woman, but 100 cats.

Did you know when you were and if you were still a Muslim, you are yet commit a sin for being attracted to women?
Original post by Zargabaath
It's not simple, I'm aware Asian parents do that thing while they raise you that makes you dependent on them so there's that mental block which makes it difficult to move out. I'm sure coming from a Muslim background makes the controlling even worse, even though she's stated numerous times she isn't religious.

Still doesn't make it impossible and if she's going to have to live with that ignorance her whole life, becoming independent is the only way she's gonna be happy.

'do that thing' lol.
You can move out sure. Live as most white british people do. However, you've been brought up so differently you likely won't fit in.
Reply 71
I don't think you've met many Muslim women, have you?

Oh please! I'm talking about the culture it fosters and the driving ideology behind it. I've read enough books written by intellectual Muslim women in North Africa and the Middle East who have, through extreme sacrifice, managed to break away from suffocating Islam and it's misogyny. Naturally in the West, the influence of Islam is less and very mitigated by Western values driven initially from Christian values and built upon from there with reference back to the three great Greek philosophers whose moral outlook does not clash with Christian values. You've got it easy here. Imagine if you were in Saudi, Qatar, Dubai, Algeria, Morocco etc
Original post by TheFreeSlave
Did you know when you were and if you were still a Muslim, you are yet commit a sin for being attracted to women?

It doesn't matter, because sins are essentially meaningless if you don't place any belief in the framework of the respective religion.
Reply 73
Original post by Zargabaath

I agree
I'm Muslim myself and I actually quite like Islam personally and I'm straight (thank God - I couldn't deal with what OP is dealing with it would kill me) but the culture and the strict view of Islam your family has can really bring you down still...
Some families won't let you become independent (until they marry you off) and if you leave by force they will track you down and they will find you and it won't be pretty at all...
OP's parents dont sound this strict hopefully they'll be okay :3
Original post by stevennotyou
Do you understand biology or psychology or sociology?

Firstly, being attracted to someone is not a choice it is a biological process in an attempt to find both protection and pass on genetics. But the body cannot distinguish between male and female.

Second, if you tell a child not to eat a certain type of sweet then they will likely lust after it more, but if you give them the sweet they don't want it as much anymore. That is basic human psychology, celibacy would lead to both sexual frustration and potential problems later down the line.

Third, of course she can get married! By law she can marry, maybe not culturally, but OP made it clear she isn't a big believer.

Do you really think that these things are a test? Muhammad lusted after a 9 y/o girl and slept with her, is paedophilia better than homosexuality?

In that day and age it was a common thing. Please research into it further if you want to find the truth.
No.
Original post by TheFreeSlave

Oh well sh*t happens pal
*cue muslims saying "astaghfirullah"*

Yep, you read the title right.

I like girls. I like their hair. I like the way they smell. I like that they're soft. I like that I can connect with a girl far more intensely and quicker than I do with a male.

I've always liked girls. It's always been like that. When I was a child, I'd never see the hype with boys when my female friends would be getting boyfriends. Even through my teenage years, I'd never have crushes on boys - on girls though, YESSSSssSss.

Right, enough about girls. Let's move onto me, as a person.

I am a female adult who was born and raised in an Asian AND Muslim household. Both identities are notorious to shun out anyone part of the LGBT community.
I'm not a practicing Muslim. I don't believe in a God. Yet I don't drink nor eat pork. I even eat Halal food. Maybe there's a part of me that's super scared that there is a God. Anyways that's another forum topic.

I don't believe in a God because why would he/she make me the way I am? Why would he bring me into a world where people will reject me and think I'm disgusting for merely just loving another human being?

And for those who think "you chose to like girls". Um, no. I didn't wake up one day and think "Hmmmmm YESSSS I'm going to go against my religion and my ethnic background and fancy girls. Just for the #baNTZ!!!". Oh no no no. I didn't chose to be like this.

I;ve never been in a relationship with a girl, not been with one sexually. I lust after both these things. But I have a feeling that I'll never be able to do so. Even if an opportunity came, I would feel guilty.

Being from an Asian background and Muslim background, marriage is a big deal. I'm in my 20s. I'm finishing up my studies. This is the prime time for girls and boys of my background(s) to get married. Marriage is such an important thing in Islam and in all South Asian communities.

So marriage is traditionally between a man and woman (god said adam and eve not adam and steve, am i right ?!?!), and guess what, I don't like men in that way. I've tried to invest myself with a man. I can't connect with a man on an emotional level. The though of their genitals does not make me aroused. How on earth can I get married to one? If I don't get married, I'm a failure. If I come out, I will be shunned by my family and the Asian and Islamic community.

Sooooo, I'm pretty much f*cked. Let's be real, I'm not coming out any time soon to my family or friends.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get married. I don't want to ask "God" for forgiveness. I simply do not believe in him/her.

If you're a Muslim and reading this, do not pray for me. Don't make dua for me. There's nothing wrong with me.

If you dont believe in god then you are not a muslim so whats the problem ? Do whatever you like, you believe you have no one to answer to .
In that day and age it was a common thing. Please research into it further if you want to find the truth.
No.

Oh? So that was fine then, but homosexuality isn't fine now? Seems like Islam is living in the past.
Original post by hasan6091
If you dont believe in god then you are not a muslim so whats the problem ? Do whatever you like, you believe you have no one to answer to .

My culture. Culture and religion are two different things.
My culture. Culture and religion are two different things.

They're often almost inextricably linked.

Latest

Trending

Trending