The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

joe ****ing allen hahaha
Original post by The.Joker
joe ****ing allen hahaha

Called it on the Arsenal thread <3
Got so excited about that Allen goal that I posted in the FPL thread...
Yessss ladsssss
Football
****ing hell

:biggrin:
Original post by mr tim
Got so excited about that Allen goal that I posted in the FPL thread...

I noticed that :wink:
Don't even care that my FPL score is garbage :biggrin:

A point against Arsenal as they're playing is amazing. Matched United's haul but we have a really hard game over with now.
We cannot afford to lose to them though. I'd take another draw right now.
Original post by AR_95
Haha **** off you scousers

whatchu sayin fam? :lol:

Absolutely entertaining stuff tonight. More of the same this weekend pls.

We all know that DDG is gonna bail them out an obscene number of times and they'll score from a set piece to win.

Not even mad. Was a cracking game to watch. More pissed off at the fact that I was going to bet on a draw this morning when the odds were 23/10 but I couldn't sign up

I predicted that Liverpool would be a tough game and have said I was worried several times. Only felt smug/confident when I found out you didn't have any CB's but tonight you had Sakho/Toure and Caulker
Reply 3629
Joe allen welsh messi.
Original post by qawsx
Joe allen welsh messi.

hahaha! this :biggrin:
Joe effing Allen of all people :biggrin:
Almost a carbon copy of last season's fixture when Skrtel equalised in injury time. Firmino played really well and was very unlucky not to get his hat trick.
Original post by AR_95
Not even mad. Was a cracking game to watch. More pissed off at the fact that I was going to bet on a draw this morning when the odds were 23/10 but I couldn't sign up

I predicted that Liverpool would be a tough game and have said I was worried several times. Only felt smug/confident when I found out you didn't have any CB's but tonight you had Sakho/Toure and Caulker

Tbh a draw away at Anfield is a good result, you guys are still at the top of the table so not the end of the world.You lot should be able to win the league this season. On paper you should have won but on the day we were all over you guys, excellent game all round. Could have easily gone either way though, i.e. if Giroud or Firmino/Moreno scored their chances.
Can't give much criticism, but basically: Milner isn't cut out to start for us, Moreno still has no end product, and we don't track midfield runners at all.

We were ****ing good, the best 90 minutes we've played all season (and since the Spurs away 5-0?).
Tbh a draw away at Anfield is a good result, you guys are still at the top of the table so not the end of the world.You lot should be able to win the league this season. On paper you should have won but on the day we were all over you guys, excellent game all round. Could have easily gone either way though, i.e. if Giroud or Firmino/Moreno scored their chances.

Yep, it's a big result. I'm not going to complain about a point like the others are though because I've said this would be one of the hardest games for us this season.
If we give Mignolet that 5 year extension, then I don't know how I'm going to bear watching Liverpool for the next 5 years...
We could put two defenders either side of the goal-post every corner.

Good to see Rafa too. Our deference used to be a wall back then. I like calling Allen, the Welsh Pirlo tbh.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Can't give much criticism, but basically: Milner isn't cut out to start for us, Moreno still has no end product, and we don't track midfield runners at all.

We were ****ing good, the best 90 minutes we've played all season (and since the Spurs away 5-0?).

I was surprised with how big the pitch looked with the game/player stretched everywhere.

Original post by samir12
If we give Mignolet that 5 year extension, then I don't know how I'm going to bear watching Liverpool for the next 5 years...

I really dont understand why we're not waiting till the summer to decide if to offer an extension or to offload.

I found this so funny omg.
Right, that was as grey a fixture as I've ever seen. There were positives - plenty - but I still have nagging doubts, and criticisms of the Liverpool players.

Mignolet, once again, was a farce. He constantly seems to analyse things, and constantly looks like he's deliberating decisions in his head. That's worrying, because he's a goalkeeper. The best goalkeepers thrive on instinct - and all the best Liverpool goalkeepers always have. He is not a long-term option, and while I admire Klopp for backing him in a bid not to alienate him and demoralise him further, something needs to be done.

Aside from being at fault for two of the goals, I actually thought our defence coped well. Kolo Toure, arguably, was a shining light in the heart of the defence - and while Sakho didn't exactly shine - I was pleased with the way we dealt with Arsenal.

That said, it's a damning indictment that this Arsenal side are top of the league. Sure, they are efficient, but they couldn't see the game out in the dying minutes of a key fixture against us. That just shows how no side in the PL is currently ready to grab this decision by the scruff of the neck and really take ownership of it.

That brace for Firmino will do him a power of good. I thought he was excellent, and so was Henderson, who seems to be becoming more and more adventurous every minute he plays on the pitch. He is trusting himself with long, searching, raking balls - and that will show benefits eventually, I'm sure.

Firmino's second was just exquisite. Remarkable.

Moreno has very poor product in the final third, especially compared with somebody like Brad Smith, who is a breath of fresh air with a wand of a left foot. It's nights like this where I remember Fabio Aurelio, and wish he wasn't a walking crock.

I can't tell you the amount of fume that was emanating from me when Joe Allen entered the field, either. I was livid - because the lad doesn't score goals. He won't ever get a winner for you, or an equaliser. But he did. Lo and behold, and embrace the Welsh Xavi. Fair play, Allen. He has deserved that for his efforts and performances in recent weeks. Can was probably knackered too, because he seemed to fade after bossing portions of the first period.

As for Benteke... well, the future's bleak. Chelsea and Manchester City away and he hasn't started. Arsenal at home - and he hasn't started.

Let's be fair, a draw was a fair result. Onto Man United.

Latest