The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bahjat93
I totally believe it is a choice

Now, if it were a choice, why would people in areas that, for example, ISIS/Daesh are occupying, choose to be gay when they know it's a death penalty to them?
Original post by Mactotaur
I gave you two sources suggesting your point was wrong. You might want to try them. If you can't find my post, it's here.

I'll read them later. Bookmarked them, just a bit busy trying to understand meiosis :redface:
I totally believe it is a choice none the less i believe that you should be allowed to make this choice and you shouldn't be persecuted for this!

And your second paragraph is where me and you are totally different! I would be more than happy to sacrifice this because of the sacrafises they have made for me. I don't know how good your childhood was but if it was like my'n it was awesome!

Also i never back my argument with religion because the is the most stupid thing you can do. I am a very Liberal muslim but none the less i know it will physically kill my mum if i was to leave the religion.

I want you to way up the fact that you will no longer be in contact with your parents or family if you decide to do this and you MAY find long. A good documentary is this to watch. It talks about a muslim gay guy and i am pretty sure this is what will happen to you
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06ryprb/reggie-yates-extreme-uk-1-gay-and-under-attack

You chose to be straight?! Damn, I wish I could do that. We wouldn't be having this convo right now if that was the case.
Original post by Anonymous
I just saw your pic and thought of Uncle Ben.

y u do dis ;c
Original post by Adeel Ali
just a bit busy trying to understand meiosis :redface:

*shudder*

There's a reason I dropped Science.
*shudder*

There's a reason I dropped Science.

Wise decision! Can't wait till I drop Biology after AS. Just want a decent grade in it before I do..
PM me if you want to talk, I don't want to hijack the thread :h:
I'll read them later. Bookmarked them, just a bit busy trying to understand meiosis :redface:

As much as we are having a debate. I am an A2 biology student, want some help?
You chose to be straight?! Damn, I wish I could do that. We wouldn't be having this convo right now if that was the case.

I thought we were having a civil discussion?

I would like to tell you why i believe that this is your choice. In nature if you don't reproduce your species goes extinct. Our soul existent is to reproduce and to ensure the survival of the species. You being gay doesn't follow the trend hence it is a choice!

I would like to tell you why i believe that this is your choice. In nature if you don't reproduce your species goes extinct. Our soul existent is to reproduce and to ensure the survival of the species. You being gay doesn't follow the trend hence it is a choice!

You're missing a piece of the puzzle here. Homosexuality has been observed in nature, and there's even a theory that it's beneficial in the evolutionary process. Read up on the 'gay uncle' theory.
I totally believe it is a choice none the less i believe that you should be allowed to make this choice and you shouldn't be persecuted for this!

And your second paragraph is where me and you are totally different! I would be more than happy to sacrifice this because of the sacrafises they have made for me. I don't know how good your childhood was but if it was like my'n it was awesome!

Also i never back my argument with religion because the is the most stupid thing you can do. I am a very Liberal muslim but none the less i know it will physically kill my mum if i was to leave the religion.

I want you to way up the fact that you will no longer be in contact with your parents or family if you decide to do this and you MAY find long. A good documentary is this to watch. It talks about a muslim gay guy and i am pretty sure this is what will happen to you
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06ryprb/reggie-yates-extreme-uk-1-gay-and-under-attack

I'm just gonna let everyone else prove you wrong, I don't need to contribute to it

So if a man or woman decides not to have children, there is literally no point in them living or existing anymore.
Original post by stevennotyou
I'm just gonna let everyone else prove you wrong, I don't need to contribute to it

Just enjoy the ride.

You do know animals practice same sex intercourse too?
And what about Asexual reproduction, there is no male and female there
Just enjoy the ride.

I may get involved depending on how much of a joke they start becoming :wink:
So if a man or woman decides not to have children, there is literally no point in them living or existing anymore.

Assuming we exist in the first place.
Original post by XisNations
According to Islam, you should stone yourself.

she said she isn't a practising muslim anymore
so why make such a rude comment when it's clearly not necessary
*cue muslims saying "astaghfirullah"*

Yep, you read the title right.

I like girls. I like their hair. I like the way they smell. I like that they're soft. I like that I can connect with a girl far more intensely and quicker than I do with a male.

I've always liked girls. It's always been like that. When I was a child, I'd never see the hype with boys when my female friends would be getting boyfriends. Even through my teenage years, I'd never have crushes on boys - on girls though, YESSSSssSss.

Right, enough about girls. Let's move onto me, as a person.

I am a female adult who was born and raised in an Asian AND Muslim household. Both identities are notorious to shun out anyone part of the LGBT community.
I'm not a practicing Muslim. I don't believe in a God. Yet I don't drink nor eat pork. I even eat Halal food. Maybe there's a part of me that's super scared that there is a God. Anyways that's another forum topic.

I don't believe in a God because why would he/she make me the way I am? Why would he bring me into a world where people will reject me and think I'm disgusting for merely just loving another human being?

And for those who think "you chose to like girls". Um, no. I didn't wake up one day and think "Hmmmmm YESSSS I'm going to go against my religion and my ethnic background and fancy girls. Just for the #baNTZ!!!". Oh no no no. I didn't chose to be like this.

I;ve never been in a relationship with a girl, not been with one sexually. I lust after both these things. But I have a feeling that I'll never be able to do so. Even if an opportunity came, I would feel guilty.

Being from an Asian background and Muslim background, marriage is a big deal. I'm in my 20s. I'm finishing up my studies. This is the prime time for girls and boys of my background(s) to get married. Marriage is such an important thing in Islam and in all South Asian communities.

So marriage is traditionally between a man and woman (god said adam and eve not adam and steve, am i right ?!?!), and guess what, I don't like men in that way. I've tried to invest myself with a man. I can't connect with a man on an emotional level. The though of their genitals does not make me aroused. How on earth can I get married to one? If I don't get married, I'm a failure. If I come out, I will be shunned by my family and the Asian and Islamic community.

Sooooo, I'm pretty much f*cked. Let's be real, I'm not coming out any time soon to my family or friends.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get married. I don't want to ask "God" for forgiveness. I simply do not believe in him/her.

If you're a Muslim and reading this, do not pray for me. Don't make dua for me. There's nothing wrong with me.

Ok, I'm going to be blatantly and completely honest with you. Im a straight Asian Muslim guy, 18 years old. Same as you, i don't believe in Allah but i still refuse to eat non-halal food and eat pork or drink alcohol. There are 2 different decisions that you can make right now with 2 very different outcomes. 1. You could ignore your attraction to females. Being Asian, you'll probably be given an arranged marriage to a man. The Cons of this? you'll probably never love him, never connect with him, over time you'll begin to hate each other and will probably end up divorcing. The Pros? your families honour (that Asian families seem to care so much about) will stay intact, you may have children (which i promise that you will love no matter what) and your relationship with your parents and family will also stay intact. 2. You could come out to your family. From this point on (knowing Asian customs) the majority of your relatives will probably cease contact with you. depending on the severity of your parents you may be kicked out of the house. The Cons of this? Your relationship with your parents will probably cease to exist, you will not be allowed to set foot in your parents house and you will have to begin anew as the majority of your family will ignore your existence.The Pros? You will be free to express yourself as you wish. You might decide to get married to a woman who you love deeply and feel like they are your true soul mate. You will still be able to adopt children so there's no worry about that.Finally you'll be released from the restrictions placed on you by your parents and your religion (no more hijab or burka!!). Personally, my parents mean the world to be and i dont think i'd be able to hurt them that much. I'd get married to the opposite sex, wait until my parents pass, and then divorce the guy and do what you may. Please don't let my opinion effect your decision. This is your life. No-one can tell you how to live it. Do what you think is right and what you can live with. Good Luck :smile:
hi there, I am an Asian (non muslim) girl so i wouldn't understand the religious part however I do understand the social and community side of problems you must be thinking abt. i would say honestly is the best policy. you gradually nee to come out to your family. pick one person who you think you understand if you told them and try and explain tht even if you do get married you or the other person will never be happy and it will end up in a disaster. however, you will have to think in term of siblings first, due to what the society would treat them as (if you know what i mean. there is nothing wrong with the way you are.
Remeber change is always difficult at first, messy in the middle but has a great result at the end. so go ahead with the chamge!! good luck hope everything turns out well for you :smile:
Original post by GetRekd69Style
Ok, I'm going to be blatantly and completely honest with you. Im a straight Asian Muslim guy, 18 years old. Same as you, i don't believe in Allah but i still refuse to eat non-halal food and eat pork or drink alcohol. There are 2 different decisions that you can make right now with 2 very different outcomes. 1. You could ignore your attraction to females. Being Asian, you'll probably be given an arranged marriage to a man. The Cons of this? you'll probably never love him, never connect with him, over time you'll begin to hate each other and will probably end up divorcing. The Pros? your families honour (that Asian families seem to care so much about) will stay intact, you may have children (which i promise that you will love no matter what) and your relationship with your parents and family will also stay intact. 2. You could come out to your family. From this point on (knowing Asian customs) the majority of your relatives will probably cease contact with you. depending on the severity of your parents you may be kicked out of the house. The Cons of this? Your relationship with your parents will probably cease to exist, you will not be allowed to set foot in your parents house and you will have to begin anew as the majority of your family will ignore your existence.The Pros? You will be free to express yourself as you wish. You might decide to get married to a woman who you love deeply and feel like they are your true soul mate. You will still be able to adopt children so there's no worry about that.Finally you'll be released from the restrictions placed on you by your parents and your religion (no more hijab or burka!!). Personally, my parents mean the world to be and i dont think i'd be able to hurt them that much. I'd get married to the opposite sex, wait until my parents pass, and then divorce the guy and do what you may. Please don't let my opinion effect your decision. This is your life. No-one can tell you how to live it. Do what you think is right and what you can live with. Good Luck :smile:

NO! That is completely unfair on the guy she would end up marrying.
Woa. Stay celibate, this life is a test for us all.. Only advice I can give really..

she's already expressed that she has no belief in god and no longer follows islam, but you're asking her to stay celibate because of your beliefs...........

there are no words

Latest

Trending

Trending