The Student Room Group

Mentioning deferred semester in personal statement?

Hey guys.

Quick question.
I was on a one year CERTHE history course last year (2014 -15). unfortunately i had to defer the last term for personal reasons. So I'm due to finish my course when I'm back for the summer term this year.

Now my question is I'm applying to UCAS now do i mention this in the statement? why it took me two years to finish a one year course? or do i not mention anything at all and write it as if I'm currently still on the course?
Also if i do mention it do i have to explain why and what ive been doing in the meantime?

Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 1
Also i should probably mention that my tutor said she would mention my deferral in the reference. is that enough? or do i need to go in detail in my PS?

Cheers
Just let your referee mention it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by *Interrobang*
Just let your referee mention it :smile:

Thanks for getting back to me :smile:
So i don't mention it at all and write as it I'm still currently studying the course and i don't need to mention what ive been doing in the mean time
Original post by ImAHobbit
Thanks for getting back to me :smile:
So i don't mention it at all and write as it I'm still currently studying the course and i don't need to mention what ive been doing in the mean time

If it's relevant to your course you should mention it, and a brief mention of hobbies is OK, but otherwise you don't need to make a big deal out of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending