The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mermicornnati
she's already expressed that she has no belief in god and no longer follows islam, but you're asking her to stay celibate because of your beliefs...........

there are no words

Oh, there are plenty of words. They just don't have a place in polite company.
Original post by Anonymous
NO! That is completely unfair on the guy she would end up marrying.

UNFAIR ON THE GUY?!?!?! What kind of misogynistic view is that?!? She is FORCED to marry a man she barely knows and will likely never love and it is unfair on him?
Original post by stevennotyou
UNFAIR ON THE GUY?!?!?! What kind of misogynistic view is that?!? She is FORCED to marry a man she barely knows and will likely never love and it is unfair on him?

Yes - we've already discussed how bad it would be for her, but she wouldn't be the only one in the loveless marriage.
Original post by Adeel Ali
Girls used to mature earlier then. The age of puberty I am sure was much lower.

No they didn't, that's a lie. The evidence suggests they matured later than today.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No they didn't, that's a lie. The evidence suggests they matured later than today.

...As I keep repeatedly saying (and semi-proving).
Original post by Mactotaur
Yes - we've already discussed how bad it would be for her, but she wouldn't be the only one in the loveless marriage.

I was just pointing out that it isn't just unfair on him.
I was just pointing out that it isn't just unfair on him.

No, but it's horrible for both parties involved.
The Qur'an hasn't been changed. Not a word from since it was first sent down. No man has every altered it and no man ever will. The other faiths have been altered. Think about how many different versions of the bible there is. Islam is the truth, why should it need to be changed?

Islam isn't the truth, the Quran is full or errors, contradictions and morally disgusting commands and ideals.

Also, do you have evidence that not a single word has changed? Do you have the original manuscript?
Less lust. Having S is zina. And unfortunately in your case cannot get married. :redface:
Research more into Islam. Although I admit you are in a very sad position.

she's not even practising islam!!!!!!!
if seeing your comments is this frustrating for me, i can only imagine how the woman herself would feel
Original post by mermicornnati
she's not even practising islam!!!!!!!
if seeing your comments is this frustrating for me, i can only imagine how the woman herself would feel

We've moved past this in the debate.
Original post by GetRekd69Style
Ok, I'm going to be blatantly and completely honest with you. Im a straight Asian Muslim guy, 18 years old. Same as you, i don't believe in Allah but i still refuse to eat non-halal food and eat pork or drink alcohol. There are 2 different decisions that you can make right now with 2 very different outcomes. 1. You could ignore your attraction to females. Being Asian, you'll probably be given an arranged marriage to a man. The Cons of this? you'll probably never love him, never connect with him, over time you'll begin to hate each other and will probably end up divorcing. The Pros? your families honour (that Asian families seem to care so much about) will stay intact, you may have children (which i promise that you will love no matter what) and your relationship with your parents and family will also stay intact. 2. You could come out to your family. From this point on (knowing Asian customs) the majority of your relatives will probably cease contact with you. depending on the severity of your parents you may be kicked out of the house. The Cons of this? Your relationship with your parents will probably cease to exist, you will not be allowed to set foot in your parents house and you will have to begin anew as the majority of your family will ignore your existence.The Pros? You will be free to express yourself as you wish. You might decide to get married to a woman who you love deeply and feel like they are your true soul mate. You will still be able to adopt children so there's no worry about that.Finally you'll be released from the restrictions placed on you by your parents and your religion (no more hijab or burka!!). Personally, my parents mean the world to be and i dont think i'd be able to hurt them that much. I'd get married to the opposite sex, wait until my parents pass, and then divorce the guy and do what you may. Please don't let my opinion effect your decision. This is your life. No-one can tell you how to live it. Do what you think is right and what you can live with. Good Luck :smile:

First of all, love the username. Get REKDDD m8!!!

Ok let's get into it.

I can't ignore my attraction to females. They are EVERYWHERE and girls are just so cute and pretty and lovely. I can't ignore it. I could suppress my feelings, which I have for all my life. But to be honest, I'm tired of hiding my feelings.

Yes, I'm Asian but I arranged marriage has never been on the cards for me. My parents told me when I get married, it can be with a person who I've found myself. If I want their help in finding a partner, they would be happy to help. This would all be great news if I actually wanted to get married to a man.

When I tihnk about it, I really don't see myself being involved with a sham marriage to a man. I could never do that to him. It's not fair on the man. I would have not have children. I don't have the desire to have children - not with a man or woman.

I understand where you are coming from with the whole family honour thing. It is a big thing in Asian communities and pretty much every family is very adamant in upholding honour in their name.

My aim is to graduate, which is coming up soon, get into my profession, buy/rent my own place and live my own little life. When the topic of marriage comes up, I will just continue to say that I'm not ready. Yes, my parents will be annoyed that I'm going to be single, but they would never force it upon me.

I'm most likely going to live a secret life from my family. Perhaps when I am living away, I will come out to close friends.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. I really appreciate how you haven't attacked me or try to put me on a 'right path'. thank you.
Islam isn't the truth, the Quran is full or errors, contradictions and morally disgusting commands and ideals.

Also, do you have evidence that not a single word has changed? Do you have the original manuscript?

“Indeed, it is We who sent down the Quran and indeed, We will be it’s guardian.”
God has promised us (Muslims) that he will protect it. Obviously as muslims we believe and god so..
Hey OP,
I feel like I am hijacking your thread(Sorry!) if you want I will no longer reply..
By the way everyone, I love that this is actually a pretty decent and engaging debate.
Hey OP,
I feel like I am hijacking your thread(Sorry!) if you want I will no longer reply..

Even though we both have different opinions, I'm not going to stop you from voicing your opinion.

To me, you're not being malice to anyone and I appreciate that. You do you. And I'll do me :smile:
“Indeed, it is We who sent down the Quran and indeed, We will be it’s guardian.”

God has promised us (Muslims) that he will protect it. Obviously as muslims we believe and god so..

That's circular reasoning. You can't use the Quran to prove it hasn't been changed. The bottom line is that if you don't have the original manuscript then you can't say that with any certainty.
Original post by Anonymous
Even though we both have different opinions, I'm not going to stop you from voicing your opinion.

To me, you're not being malice to anyone and I appreciate that. You do you. And I'll do me :smile:

Can't rep you further and thank you :smile:

See I never understood this, because the Qur'an was written by Muhammad's followers from what they remember of his teachings, so what if they got something wrong or missed something?
That's circular reasoning. You can't use the Quran to prove it hasn't been changed. The bottom line is that if you don't have the original manuscript then you can't say that with any certainty.

You're right it is. Fair enough. I guess I just have to take a leap of faith. I don't have the First Qur'an ever created and so I guess it is impossible for me to technically prove.
See I never understood this, because the Qur'an was written by Muhammad's followers from what they remember of his teachings, so what if they got something wrong or missed something?

Nope. The Qur'an was sent down by God. The 'Hadith' and 'Sunnah' are the teachings of the prophet.

Latest

Trending

Trending