The Student Room Group

Are straight women in the West the most privileged group of people in history?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ananaz
About linear/modular exams. Last time I checked they are changing it to 'linear':
http://www.cife.org.uk/article/the-new-a-level-and-gcse-exams/ And even if you're right, how does it relate to white women only........

Nah, men are more likely to become surgeons in many, many countries. Even when oil business are trying to employ more women rn because of lack of female workers in those businesses, other male employees are not making their lives any easier by making up rumours about them how they are sleeping with bosses when lots of them aren't doing that actually. Same goes for many other job sectors:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/11903476/Sexism-in-surgery-Females-being-put-off-becoming-surgeons-by-men.html

So currently women are benefiting from the school system... this will change in the coming years which is good, hopefully it will be more equal. And obviously I was talking about the women/men side of the debate there, the white part is separate, I don't think many people would disagree that there's racism against non-whites.

Surgery is a tiny proportion of jobs.
Original post by difeo
What a strange response. There's no hate here, I'm just discussing something that seems to be so often ignored.

Don't worry about it. She always responds like this.
Original post by difeo
- favoured in schools
- favoured when applying to university
- favoured when applying for jobs
- less likely to be assaulted
- less likely to be murdered
- less likely to be driven to suicide
- less likely to be homeless
- less likely to be convicted of the same crime
- when convicted, receive lesser sentences
- more spent on their healthcare
- longer life expectancy

etc etc

and then straight and white speaks for itself

when compared to white men, POCs.... or all non white cishet women?
Original post by Little Popcorns
Look mate...
Honestly I'm having a ****ty time right now and I'm a straight white female!
Why the **** you would go along with some bull**** antifeminist nonsense to make yourself feel better for your personal insecurities/failings etc is beyond me?

I am a feminist in so far as it means I want women to be treated equally well to men. I care about men too! I care about people in general. I don't want people to suffer.

Why on this ****ing earth are you wasting your energy on hate? Not every straight white female is fine. Also middle aged white men make up a portion of society that is highly privileged then a few blocks up the road the same age group and gender is suffering poverty and mental health issues. There are no hard and fast rules.stop this divisive crap.

Swearing is completely unnecessary and immature. So I'm simply going to report you for being abusive.
Reply 24
Original post by XisNations

The movie "White Chicks" pretty much sums up the life of white women in the West - every day's a phukin holiday lol

Actually no:
[video="youtube;H66UnSqW9is"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66UnSqW9is[/video]

We are more likely to end up in a wheelchair :frown:
Original post by difeo
What a strange response. There's no hate here, I'm just discussing something that seems to be so often ignored.

sure...
I understand what you're saying maybe I've sped ahead of you a little my response is not just for you but for the kids that have populated the thread already saying stuff that is clearly in line with the angry young men movement at the moment.

Let's go back to basics... What you're saying simply isn't true.

More likely to be assaulted or murdered? How is that our privilege? That's actually because we're less likely to be engaged in violence not because the person carrying out assaults and murders is like oh it's a lady let's put her on a pedestal.
Also sexual violence did you forget that one? Women are vastly outnumbered as victim to rape and sexual violence.
For every thing you have put there is a counter...girls supposedly 'favoured' in schools and universities well then how is it men still land the top jobs and even where women have the same jobs they often get paid less.
So basically what you've said is not true.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stevennotyou
Don't worry about it. She always responds like this.

Aw saves the day... Go to university first come back then.
Swearing is completely unnecessary and immature. So I'm simply going to report you for being abusive.
Don't cry baby boy I'll just take it out.
Lol at providing an article on surgery as proof women are discriminated against when:

A) it's an extremely specific job sector
B) it's a job which requires heavy working hours; surgeons can go 48 hours plus in theatre and hospitals
C) it requires manual dexterity, which on the whole men are more adept at
D) it requires a mental toughness that on the whole, men have more than women

Posted from TSR Mobile
sure...
I understand what you're saying maybe I've sped ahead of you a little my response is not just for you but for the numb skulls that have populated the thread already saying stuff that is clearly in line with the angry young men movement at the moment.

Let's go back to basics... What you're saying simply isn't true..

Its very easy for someone who has privilege to dismiss it when others point it out to them.

I suggest you check your privilege.

if you're a white woman in the feminism-gone-mad West of today, congrats on winning the lottery of birth
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by ZoëC
when compared to white men, POCs.... or all non white cishet women?

That's just women compared to men. I doubt you'd be able to find statistics that cover the whole scope of the thread but no one would deny that there's more discrimination against non-whites/non-heterosexuals than whites/heterosexuals.
Aw saves the day... Go to university first come back then.
Don't cry baby boy I'll just take it out.

*Already has two OU degrees*
Nice one m8 I r8 u8/8

*Is an adult already*,
For someone claiming to have a superior maturity level you do act rather childish.
Reply 31
Original post by Zayn Malik
Yes and no

Yes:
-stay at home all day
- until recently perceived to be hot
- sleep with bosses to get promotions

No:

- no vote for years
- raped throughout history
- Zayn isn't white female

Posted from TSR Mobile

you are so dumb you hurt my brain, please tell me your joking?
Look mate...
Honestly I'm having a ****ty time right now and I'm a straight white female!
Why you would go along with some antifeminist nonsense to make yourself feel better is beyond me?

I am a feminist in so far as it means I want women to be treated equally well to men. I care about men too! I care about people in general. I don't want people to suffer.

Why on this earth are you wasting your energy on hate? Not every straight white female is fine. Also middle aged white men make up a portion of society that is highly privileged then a few blocks up the road the same age group and gender is suffering poverty and mental health issues. There are no hard and fast rules. Stop being divisive.

Pipe down :confused:
Original post by XisNations
Its very easy for someone who has privilege to dismiss it when others speak of their disadvantage.

Check your privilige brah

if you're a white woman in the feminism-gone-mad West of today, congrats on winning the lottery of birth

Trust me I am not suffering from privilege right now quite the opposite! Live my life before you make assumptions.

Check the websites you're following because the people you listen to might not have a clue what they're talking about they just want to believe what they're saying to make themselves feel better.
Reply 34
straight white men are most privileged then straight white women after that.
Trust me I am not suffering from privilege right now quite the opposite! Live my life before you make assumptions.

Check the websites you're following because the people you listen to might not have a clue what they're talking about they just want to believe what they're saying to make themselves feel better.

For once I agree with you.

Personal circumstance is the main factor in deciding 'privileges'
*Already has two OU degrees*
Nice one m8 I r8 u8/8

*Is an adult already*,
For someone claiming to have a superior maturity level you do act rather childish.

Right in a couple of lines you just outdid anything I could ever do to look childish so :h:
Original post by difeo
Thoughts?

Historically, isn't it obviously straight white men?
Original post by lilylf
straight white men are most privileged then straight white women after that.

Or it varies by circumstances. Would you say a straight white homeless man is more privileged than Madonna?

just to clarify a bit here though.

ofc there are some white women who are poor and disadvantaged (there are poor and disadvantaged people in every race, but definitely more in some races than others), but the point here is that society values you more highly just because you're the combination of white and female, than it does people who aren't those things, and because of that allows you a lot of comforts and privileges that others do not get to enjoy (or to the same extent).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest