The Student Room Group

Are straight women in the West the most privileged group of people in history?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilylf
feminism is what got women rights in the first place. without women would still be objects and have no rights. and where on earth did you get that idea? i would like to know.

That's actually why white women are the most privliged.

Because social attitudes are still such that women dont really have to focus on career too much. They just have to look pretty and then wait for a man to marry them and provide for them. Ofc they still work as well, but mostly not in jobs as demanding or as high earning as their boyfriends/husbands.

As such, still a lot of women, white and otherwise (but especially white women), spend most of their early life (age 30 and under), just dossing around and having fun, and then get married and get to doss around some more when they have the security of a man providing for them.

White men, though priviliged too, do not have the luxury of dossing around like white women do. If you're a man, you have to work and be able to provide, otherwise you're worthless in society's eyes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
Just don't waste your life hating women or just hating in general.

For every nasty woman there's a nasty man and vice versa.

A vulnerable person is a vulnerable person irrespective of the genitals between their legs :lol:

I don't hate women, never will. My issues are with the recent radical turn feminism seems to have taken, or rather the louder feminists have taken. It's disappointing to see a brilliant ideology hurt but the actions of idiocy.

Very true, here here!
Trust me I am not suffering from privilege right now quite the opposite! Live my life before you make assumptions.

I don't know whether you do this, but plenty of women feel free to accuse men of experiencing universal privilege and joy just because they're white (and straight), with no knowledge of their circumstances.

It cuts both ways.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by stevennotyou
Personally I would say neither in the grand scheme of things. Both can be objectified, both can be sexually assaulted, both can get the same job, both can drive, both can get a mortgage etc etc. On the microscale there are slight privileges for both sides but they are negligible.

Both can be objectified, both can be sexually assaulted but women are way more often assaulted by men then men are by men or women. I know so many women who are afraid to go out at night alone, who are scared in case someone puts something in their drink at a party, because it's so common that we need to be scared. One of my friends got sexually assaulted in an alleyway at night when she was walking home, it's just too common.Both can get the same job but there have been issues with men getting chosen over women (I know from seeing it), both can drive but women are often criticised by others for 'not being able to drive', both can get a mortgage. Also women can get paid less for doing the same job as a man ( once again i know from experience). I know women have privileges over men also, e.g. getting less time in prison for the same crime,etc. But I still think white straight men are more privileged if you don't count other factors.
Original post by lilylf
straight white men are most privileged then straight white women after that.

Trust me I am not suffering from privilege right now quite the opposite! Live my life before you make assumptions.

Check the websites you're following because the people you listen to might not have a clue what they're talking about they just want to believe what they're saying to make themselves feel better.

Calm down.
Everyone has issues, no one takes feminists seriously because a good 90% of their facts are fabricated or just arent true.
There isnt a single right men have that women dont
Original post by lilylf
Both can be objectified, both can be sexually assaulted but women are way more often assaulted by men then men are by men or women. I know so many women who are afraid to go out at night alone, who are scared in case someone puts something in their drink at a party, because it's so common that we need to be scared. One of my friends got sexually assaulted in an alleyway at night when she was walking home, it's just too common.Both can get the same job but there have been issues with men getting chosen over women (I know from seeing it), both can drive but women are often criticised by others for 'not being able to drive', both can get a mortgage. Also women can get paid less for doing the same job as a man ( once again i know from experience). I know women have privileges over men also, e.g. getting less time in prison for the same crime,etc. But I still think white straight men are more privileged if you don't count other factors.

Walking through an alleyway at night is like sleeping with your door unlocked.
Im in no way saying she deserved but she OBVIOUSLY could have prevented it.
Original post by JuliusDS92

I don't know whether you're guilty of this but a lot of men who suffer extraordinary hardship are accused of being "privileged" by people with no knowledge of their personal assumptions, simply because they're white (and straight).

Your comment implies a lack of understanding of the debate here.

like I said to littlepopcorns,

"ofc there are some white people who are poor and disadvantaged (there are poor and disadvantaged people in every race, but definitely more in some races than others), but the point here is that society values you more highly just because you're white, than it does other people, and thus you get to enjoy comforts and priviliges that others do not (or dont to the same extent)"
Reply 67
Original post by XisNations
That's actually why white women are the most privliged.

Because social attitudes are still such that women dont really have to focus on career too much. They just have to look pretty and then wait for a man to marry them and provide for them. Ofc they still work as well, but mostly not in jobs as demanding or as high earning as their boyfriends/husbands.

As such, still a lot of women, white and otherwise (but especially white women), spend most of their early life (age 30 and under), just dossing around and having fun, and then get married and get to doss around some more when they have the security of a man providing for them.

White men, though priviliged too, do not have the luxury of dossing around like white women do. If you're a man, you have to work and be able to provide, otherwise you're worthless in society's eyes.

You have such an old-fashioned backwards way of thinking. Newsflash, it's not the 1900's... in today's society more women are having careers more then any other time. Women who don't work are usually house wives or mothers anyway. I don't know where you get your dumb idea's from because women are not privileged for being objects. In my life I have never known anyone to just sit around until they are 30 and wait to marry a man, what a load of crap you have made up?
Yes it is a high, ****ing, life defining honour to meet a white woman. If you do then you must immediately do as she commands and kiss her feet. If you manage to have one as a girlfriend (shes at the top of the food chain) you must, must now neurotically worry that you might lose this rare light skinned goddess that you are lucky to be in the presence of.

(edited 8 years ago)
If you're a white woman in the West, this is pretty much your entire life summed up:

Original post by lilylf
You have such an old-fashioned backwards way of thinking. Newsflash, it's not the 1900's... in today's society more women are having careers more then any other time. Women who don't work are usually house wives or mothers anyway. I don't know where you get your dumb idea's from because women are not privileged for being objects. In my life I have never known anyone to just sit around until they are 30 and wait to marry a man, what a load of crap you have made up?

The denial is strong in you, young padawan
Original post by holmes221
Yes it is a high, ****ing, life defining honour to meet a white woman. If you do then you must immediately do as she commands and kiss her feet. If you manage to have one as a girlfriend (shes at the top of the food chain) you must, must now neurotically worry that you might lose this rare light skinned goddess that you are lucky to be in the presence of.

January Jones is stroooong trophy wfe material.

Srsly, if she was mine, would lock in her in the basement so she never leaves me
Reply 72
Original post by BlackSweetness
Walking through an alleyway at night is like sleeping with your door unlocked.
Im in no way saying she deserved but she OBVIOUSLY could have prevented it.

So instead of saying wow the guy that did that is awful, he shouldn't of done that, you say ''she obviously could have prevented it''. Why should she have to stay in because it's dark out? Instead of teaching people how not to get sexually assaulted or raped, teach people not to rape. Your view is so messed up.
Original post by lilylf

One of the issues with sexual assault is that men don't report it, due to the fact that people think it is funny for some reason and it makes him a beta male. In general prevalence however I would agree.

That is their personal feeling. As actually majority of the crimes are foreigners or those of non white ethnicity.

I don't think this is the case. Do you propose forcing employers to hire female workers? That's sexist towards women as they are just filling a quota. I work in a female dominated environment where females are preferred

Women say men are too aggressive and impulsive in the road. Null point, works both ways.

The gender pay gap is a myth. It has be debunked tonnes of times and I'm not prepared to accept this as an argument point.

Then your argument is that straight white men are more privileged if we ignore the areas where they aren't, that is biased and is what the media do
Original post by JuliusDS92
I don't know whether you do this, but plenty of women feel free to accuse men of experiencing universal privilege and joy just because they're white (and straight), with no knowledge of their circumstances.

It cuts both ways.
No of course I don't do that please stop generalising all women based on a few ott ones you happen to come across online, if you do this you're only selling yourself short. It's not worth going to the equally ridiculous opposition to them. Please just trust what you know to be right/good/kind forget the nut jobs men and women alike.

Original post by stevennotyou
I don't hate women, never will. My issues are with the recent radical turn feminism seems to have taken, or rather the louder feminists have taken. It's disappointing to see a brilliant ideology hurt but the actions of idiocy.

Very true, here here!

Read up one, my reply to JuliusD
Original post by BlackSweetness
Calm down.
Everyone has issues, no one takes feminists seriously because a good 90% of their facts are fabricated or just arent true.
There isnt a single right men have that women dont

I mean there was a need for feminism and it's still useful but what you see in the forums that you're visiting isn't feminism at all it's some ott nutters that have essentially lost the plot then the guys do the exact same x10 and the everyone ups their game and then people are making rape threats and other insane ****. Just stay grounded! Don't get carried away and lost in all the bull it's just a waste of energy. As long as you know you do good as an individual and you're not a mean person the rest is to be left to people letting off steam and making fools of themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by XisNations
January Jones is stroooong trophy wfe material.

Srsly, if she was mine, would lock in her in the basement so she never leaves me

wtf is wrong with you? no wonder your views are so messed up.
Original post by lilylf
wtf is wrong with you? no wonder your views are so messed up.

Its a joke m8

Do you need help getting the sand out of that itchy vagina you clearly have? :lol:
Original post by lilylf
So instead of saying wow the guy that did that is awful, he shouldn't of done that, you say ''she obviously could have prevented it''. Why should she have to stay in because it's dark out? Instead of teaching people how not to get sexually assaulted or raped, teach people not to rape. Your view is so messed up.

Oh be quiet!
There are good and bad people in this world, you cant tell a murderer not to be a murderer fgs.
Males get attacked at night as well, if i walked in an alleyway in the city and i got attacked the first thing my parents would say to me is why i was walking in an alleyway AT NIGHT! Life isnt a bed of roses where everyone is a nice person, youve got to look out for yourself.
If someone is that naïve then all the best for them i say :smile:
No of course I don't do that please stop generalising all women based on a few ott ones you happen to come across online, if you do this you're only selling yourself short. It's not worth going to the equally ridiculous opposition to them. Please just trust what you know to be right/good/kind forget the nut jobs men and women alike.

Oh I totally agree but some (other not you) users do use these examples for men.

Would you, personally, advocate radical feminist thinking, such as killing all white men, and keeping men as nothing but objects?

I mean there was a need for feminism and it's still useful but what you see in the forums that you're visiting isn't feminism at all it's some ott nutters that have essentially lost the plot then the guys do the exact same x10 and the everyone ups their game and then people are making rape threats and other insane ****. Just stay grounded! Don't get carried away and lost in all the bull it's just a waste of energy. As long as you know you do good as an individual and you're not a mean piece of **** the rest is to be left to people letting off steam and making fools of themselves.

Trust me im grounded, im trying to not get enveloped in all the nonsense in the world and focusing on going to uni to get an education and take care of my family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending