The Student Room Group

Retake help

Quick question, I got two A's in AS economics and two C's in A2 economics. Currently on a gap year, planning to resit at least one of the modules (most likely unit 2 of the A2 units as it carries 60% of the weighting for the A2 grade). Taking all of this into consideration would it be wise for me to re-take both units or just the one worth more? bear in mind I also have a few other retakes to take on top of all this.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Original post by Saqlain_197
Quick question, I got two A's in AS economics and two C's in A2 economics. Currently on a gap year, planning to resit at least one of the modules (most likely unit 2 of the A2 units as it carries 60% of the weighting for the A2 grade). Taking all of this into consideration would it be wise for me to re-take both units or just the one worth more? bear in mind I also have a few other retakes to take on top of all this.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

It depends - how far away are you from the next grade? If it's not too high and you're confident in doing well on one paper, then I'd just retake one. If not, you'll need to decide how much you feel your revision for your other subjects will be impacted if you do decide to retake both - sadly, none of us can give you a definitive answer to that as we don't know your working style etc.

Quick Reply

Latest