The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anon111097
I really want the Kings offer too! When do you think they"ll start giving them out?

I don't know bu some people have offers already and I'm getting anxious! How do you think you did in the LNAT?
How did everyone think they did on the LNAT??
Original post by kingofacademics
Just got rejected from kings the day after UCL. My LNAT must have been atrocious lol. Honestly never been more devastated. I still have 3 offers from Newcatke, East Anglia and Queens Belfast but they were always just back ups. So so so sad but wish everyone luck with their applications and in the future! Peace out student room.

So sorry about Kings. My friend's daughter went to Newcastle and did really well. She loved it!! She got to spend time in America. Last year my sons insurance was Durham and when he missed his offer for LSE he took the year out. It hasn't done him any harm and he's young. Won't be 19 until the summer. You could fast track another A level and get plenty of work experience in a solicitor's office if you don't want to go to any of the other universities.
Original post by Cholesta
So sorry about Kings. My friend's daughter went to Newcastle and did really well. She loved it!! She got to spend time in America. Last year my sons insurance was Durham and when he missed his offer for LSE he took the year out. It hasn't done him any harm and he's young. Won't be 19 until the summer. You could fast track another A level and get plenty of work experience in a solicitor's office if you don't want to go to any of the other universities.

Thanks. Yeah I think my LNAT has just went completely horribly and a lot worse than I thought it did. I think that's what I'll do if I don't take Newcastle. But it is a decent uni I mean it's only a few places below king's if you look at league tables, and also a lot of its graduates seem to go on to do great things in huge firms, but I know it's not exactly LSE or UCL. I feel I could still end up where I want to be or could have been with a degree from King's but I won't get the Uni experience that I have reaaaally been wishing for and may miss out on some opportunities. Can I just ask, did your son then go around doing work experience in multiple different firms for a whole year or what way does that work when taking a year out? Cause I assume none of them are gonna pay you or give you work for a full year.. maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks. Yeah I think my LNAT has just went completely horribly and a lot worse than I thought it did. I think that's what I'll do if I don't take Newcastle. But it is a decent uni I mean it's only a few places below king's if you look at league tables, and also a lot of its graduates seem to go on to do great things in huge firms, but I know it's not exactly LSE or UCL. I feel I could still end up where I want to be or could have been with a degree from King's but I won't get the Uni experience that I have reaaaally been wishing for and may miss out on some opportunities. Can I just ask, did your son then go around doing work experience in multiple different firms for a whole year or what way does that work when taking a year out? Cause I assume none .of them are gonna pay you or give you work for a full year.. maybe I'm wrong.

He had work experience from last year in a law firm.This year he had work experience with barristers and a QC. Another law firm are going to take him on for a few weeks. Fast tracking a politics A level in one year, largely self taught and he also works in the English dept in his school with year 8. I know he'll be heartbroken over LSE.
Just got rejected from kings the day after UCL. My LNAT must have been atrocious lol. Honestly never been more devastated. I still have 3 offers from Newcatke, East Anglia and Queens Belfast but they were always just back ups. So so so sad but wish everyone luck with their applications and in the future! Peace out student room.

What were your predicted grades?
Original post by weasleyfan29
Still waiting on offers from LSE, KCL and Bristol...:frown:
Really want either LSE or KCL. To those who have offers from there, when did you get them?

What were your predicted grades and GCSE's?
Original post by seeunexttuesday
To the people who have received offers from Cambridge: Firstly, well done!! Secondly, what colleges?

I've got an offer from Fitzwilliam; anyone else?

Got an offer from Trinity College, Cambridge :smile:
Original post by kgsj20
Predicted A*A*A. Offers from LSE (A*AA) and Bristol (lower offer: AAB bc my school's ranked in the lowest 40% in England) - still waiting for QMUL and Kings.

To those who have offers from Kings, when did you get them??

What were your gcse's?
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What were your predicted grades and GCSE's?

A*A*A for my predictions and 7A*s and 3As at GCSE
what about yours? where have you heard from?
Reply 1230
To the people who have received offers from Cambridge: Firstly, well done!! Secondly, what colleges?

I have an offer from Emmanuel!
Reply 1231
Original post by legoody
Just got an offer through from Cambridge Law which is amazing! Still waiting on my other 4 though - I was really late with sending my application so I may have a bit of a wait!

Has anyone firmed their choices already?

Well done!! Which college?
Regarding Newcastle, it was the only Uni of the ones you listed still in clearing for law last year, so I figured better not waste a UCAS choice on it if you can anyway get it in clearing. I would think Unis that don't go into clearing are perceived as the better ones even if it might not be true. It would be my top choice of those in clearing along with Lancaster.
Why do people never really consider Newcastle when looking at top unis for Law? It's 13th on the ranking, above the likes of Queen Mary, Warick and just below Bristol and York. Plus doesn't require LNAT so you'd think some would have it at least as a back up for their other LNAT choices. Not complaining lol just curious??

Regarding Newcastle, it was the only Uni of the ones you listed still in clearing for law last year, so I figured better not waste a UCAS choice on it if you can anyway get it in clearing. I would think Unis that don't go into clearing are perceived as the better ones even if it might not be true. It would be my top choice of those in clearing along with Lancaster.
I've heard back from York with an interview - Applied in November ! But not heard anything so far from Durham :frown:
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What were your gcse's?

3A*s, 6As and a B, you?

Got an offer from St catharines!
Original post by legoody
Just got an offer through from Cambridge Law which is amazing! Still waiting on my other 4 though - I was really late with sending my application so I may have a bit of a wait!

Has anyone firmed their choices already?

Just wondering, what were the other unis you applied to? If you applied to Cambridge in October surely they would have replied by now??
Anyone still waiting on Durham/Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Solrac777
Anyone still waiting on Durham/Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting for Durham...it is so annoying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending