The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

I havent got spectacular GCSE's...but have done great in A-levels for sport....A*AA and currently predicted to get A* in Access to HE Sport :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I applied for History and French at St.Chads

GCSES- 5 A* 5 A
AS- 4 A
Predicted- 1 A* 2 A

Anyone got any offers for History and French yet?
Original post by smellaforster
I applied for History and French at St.Chads

GCSES- 5 A* 5 A
AS- 4 A
Predicted- 1 A* 2 A

Anyone got any offers for History and French yet?

I'm St Chad's too, for Classics, and still waiting for decisions :biggrin:
Has anyone else applied for English at Hatfield?
Original post by ziggyystardust
Has anyone else applied for English at Hatfield?

I have! Well English and philosophy although I'm not very optimistic about receiving an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jill800
I have! Well English and philosophy although I'm not very optimistic about receiving an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, especially after being rejected by Oxford... :frown: I'm trying not to think about it too much
Best of luck!
Original post by ziggyystardust
Same, especially after being rejected by Oxford... :frown: I'm trying not to think about it too much
Best of luck!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that:frown: but if you were able to apply to Oxford in the first place then I'm sure you have more of a chance at Durham, even for English!
I'm definitely with you on not overthinking it- thank you and best of luck to you too!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
when do Durham decide about Lit offers? my friend had an email saying they did not offer/reject till march.

is that true? Really????:frown::confused:
Original post by thornicroft
when do Durham decide about Lit offers? my friend had an email saying they did not offer/reject till march.

is that true? Really????:frown::confused:

A few people (about two or three) in this thread have had an offer for English literature recently so I think it depends on when you applied if they're doing it systematically and also your stats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phthalogreen
I'm in the same place, applied for English and History, rejected by Oxford and really hoping for Durham now!

I've applied for English and History too - the wait is excruciating!! :s-smilie:
Anybody heard anything from Durham about economics? Sent my ucas off early November and still heard nothing
Hey everyone! I got an offer for law 2 days ago so it shouldn't be long before you get a response! :smile: i haven't had an email from Durham yet though, it just says on my UCAS that i got an offer
Original post by amybonnie98
I haven't either! Feel like we are few in numbers however!

Me neither, but then again I live in Cambridge, so that was never going to happen.
Original post by Comandolf
Me neither, but then again I live in Cambridge, so that was never going to happen.

I live in Oxford!! So I wasn't going to apply to there either aha.
Original post by bj1
Anyone applying for Natural Sciences and heard yet? Haven't seen it mentioned on here very much if at all! I'm relying on them to get me over my Oxford rejection!

Also how easy is it to change the subjects you are doing for NatSci e.g. Changing a different subject or switching to a single subject? Just wondering!

I got my offer in late Nov, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!!!
Bit late to post my hopefulness, I'm a gap year student so have already got my results and I applied back in early October, still heard nothing though :frown:((
Subject - English Literature
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*AAAABBBBB
A-levels:
English Literature - A*
English Language - B
History - A*
Original post by Viviane67
Hey everyone! I got an offer for law 2 days ago so it shouldn't be long before you get a response! :smile: i haven't had an email from Durham yet though, it just says on my UCAS that i got an offer

Congratulations! :smile:
I've lost all hope for Durham as my LNAT went atrocious...
Original post by Ruby17
Congratulations! :smile:
I've lost all hope for Durham as my LNAT went atrocious...

Thankyou! :smile:
I also thought I hadn't done well at my LNAT, so you never know, stay confident! :smile:
Reply 1278
Original post by kawehi
I got my offer in late Nov, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!!!

Thanks, I did! Literally an hour or so after that post you quoted, if you turn back a few pages. It came hours after my Oxford rejection, so it felt really good, so I'm grateful they took a bit longer and made it coincide on the same day (6th Jan).

I did wonder why there was such a big gap between late November (I know another who received their NS offer back then) and January, especially considering I sent my app on the 1st October) but I've realised why - they close at the start of December anyway so as far as they are open, there isn't a huge difference, only in terms of time!
Who here has applied to St Mary's? If so, what course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending