The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi all

I've now got all my offers and I'm just wondering how to accept how on ucas TT website.
It says I've got time till 20th Jan to accept offers and there's no option such as accept or confirm?
Stressing right now
Please help
Original post by nasrin9494
Hi all

I've now got all my offers and I'm just wondering how to accept how on ucas TT website.
It says I've got time till 20th Jan to accept offers and there's no option such as accept or confirm?
Stressing right now
Please help

I can't remember exactly how the site is laid out but there should be a video tutorial on how to accept offers on the UCAS website/youtube?
Original post by PatroclusFTW
Me too :frown: I think they said like June right? I found the list of 2015 Classics partner schools- there is a serious geographical spread :/

Yeah, June-July. I'm going to apply to live in whichever college I end up in and hope they don't mind if I have to drop out and live somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChancedTravels
I can't remember exactly how the site is laid out but there should be a video tutorial on how to accept offers on the UCAS website/youtube?

Hi
They do have videos for undergrad ucas site but not for teacher training and the interfaces are so different
Original post by Ashleyclaire
Yeah, June-July. I'm going to apply to live in whichever college I end up in and hope they don't mind if I have to drop out and live somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll make you sign a contract though so you'd likely have to pay for it regardless.

There is a list of schools on the website do you could have a look at them and see if the majority of them are still within a commutable distance to be on the safe side?
Original post by PatroclusFTW
Me too :frown: I think they said like June right? I found the list of 2015 Classics partner schools- there is a serious geographical spread :/

Yeah, ages away!

I know - one school is in Oxfordshire haha. I can't drive so I hope they don't place me too far away or I'll really struggle to get to uni on college days.
Original post by Aemiliana
They'll make you sign a contract though so you'd likely have to pay for it regardless.

There is a list of schools on the website do you could have a look at them and see if the majority of them are still within a commutable distance to be on the safe side?

I'll ask them then, as I really can't afford to pay for two lots of accommodation!
I know they asked me if I drove at my interview and I said I didn't, but I did cycle. I currently live on the outskirts of Cambridge, so anywhere they might place me near my home is also pretty close to Homerton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashleyclaire
I'll ask them then, as I really can't afford to pay for two lots of accommodation!
I know they asked me if I drove at my interview and I said I didn't, but I did cycle. I currently live on the outskirts of Cambridge, so anywhere they might place me near my home is also pretty close to Homerton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that sounds like a good idea (when we finally know which colleges we're in!) They might be lenient and let you change it, you don't know until you ask. It would be so much easier if they tld us our placements earlier but I guess they've got to wait until they've got everyone for the course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2968
Original post by Coffeebeany
Guys!!! I don't know what to do can anyone shed light on this??

I got offered an interview for St Mary's yesterday for TOMORROW. Two days notice, I live in Ireland and work full time. Disaster! So I phoned them up and explained this and they said they know it is short notice, they could possibly offer me to come on the 21st for an interview instead but the problem is that they've been told that 75% of all primary places have been filled and when they get to 100% they can't even hold interviews any more, so it could be a risk leaving to the 21st!

Has anyone else been told this information?

My interview for UCL is not until 11th Feb and they have not been in touch about this. What if that goes as well?

Also, less importantly, my track said it was updated when St Mary's offered me an dinterview but not when UCL offered one...?

Worried!!

They should still interview you.. Because although they may of made offers not everyone will accept.
I had an interview at Goldsmiths today and they're full atm but waiting for people to accept/decline so still did interviews today
My UCL interview hasn't come up either! And my interview is tomorrow so don't worry! I'm gonna ask about this tomorrow
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP A GIRL OUT

Sociology pgce interview and have to give a short oral presentation on a topic that interests me! I have no idea what topic which would be interesting as sociology is so broad i could talk forever and want to get relevant main exciting points in?!

Any ideas?'?'?!
Reply 2970
Original post by niamhy777

Sociology pgce interview and have to give a short oral presentation on a topic that interests me! I have no idea what topic which would be interesting as sociology is so broad i could talk forever and want to get relevant main exciting points in?!

Any ideas?'?'?!

Something I would talk about is crime and the sociological side.. So white collar and blue collar crime and different factors in society that may affect what types of crime.

Or how the media can affect children and maybe look into Disney princess films? And how they portray women and men.. I did it for my undergrad disso and it was really interesting

Hope these help
Hi all,

Did anyone required a certified English translation of your School Certificate? Where did you get this done from?

Thanks
Original post by niamhy777

Any ideas?'?'?!

A topic that interests YOU. We can't possibly know what you are interested in.
I'll be applying for PGCE Education & Training in Mathematics at Edge Hill. I've got a 1st in Maths recently and I'm very mature at nearly 30. Only graduated in December.
I had an interview at St Mary's on Wednesday 13th Jan and we were told the same thing. They told us that after receiving the news that 75% of places were now filled, they had called and contacted as many of the prospective students as possible to encourage them to attend Friday 15th. We were told that once UCAS hit 100% no more interviews would be held and if we hadn't accepted an offer by this time we would have to wait until 2017 entry. This applied to PGCE Primary but they would continue to interview for School Direct places. It had obviously come as a shock to the staff and they seemed genuinely saddened that people who were travelling, holidaying, had booked flights for February were going to be let down by the process. I hope it remains open long enough for you to be interviewed. Good luck.
Just wondering if we have to decline other offers before firming one. Or if I firm the offer I want to accept will others be automatically declined.
Thanks
Original post by nasrin9494
Just wondering if we have to decline other offers before firming one. Or if I firm the offer I want to accept will others be automatically declined.
Thanks

Firm the offer you want to accept and the others will decline.
If you go on youtube and type in g & a numerical they go over all the workings out. I went from getting 39% - 64/75% learning these methods!! It is great!! Xx
If you go on youtube and type in g & a numerical they go over all the workings out. I went from getting 39% - 64/75% learning these methods!! It is great!! Xx
Original post by Twinkletoes13
Jodie, im really nervous too. Ive signed up to numeracy ready and purchased a book called 'pass the qta numeracy test'

Can I just say that I am a former staff nurse, and we don't do half of the calculations that I have seen here. Its frightening.

I need something which demonstrates the actual calculations and working out. Some practice questions come with the answers, but then I am sitting there scratching my head as to how they arrived at the answer.
Found out today got interview @ LSBU for primary PGCE on Wednesday.
Anyone had interview there? How did it go? How did u find the English and maths test?
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending