The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University applicants for 2016 entry chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey,

That sounds good :smile: So if I remember right you came when it was really raining.
Unfortunately the people who are responsible for looking after applications are all on Christmas break, they'll back in from the 4th January, so you should hear at some point after then. (It'll all depend on where you application was in the process before Christmas - I thought that you might have got lucky with hearing back before Christmas).
But shouldn't be too long to wait now

Kris

Hey,

Yes my open day was the really rainy one! SO MUCH RAIN....
And thank you for your help, hopefully I should hear from them soon :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Leahcatherine
I've got an interview for the adult nursing degree at Staffordshire university and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether they require you to partake in a maths and English test as part of the interview process? Any other advice for the interview would be much appreciated :smile: thanks

Hey there,

There is a numeracy test as part of the interview yes. This takes place on the same day as the interview itself :h:

There's some general tips for interviews earlier on in the thread but I'll repeat them here:

Come dressed smartly (like you would for a job interview)
You'll have a group talk, a numeracy test, a group discussion and an interview on the day
It's also a good idea to read up on some current campaigns on the RCN website / other Nursing journals so that you have more knowledge of the Nursing profession.

Let me know how it all goes :h:

Katie
Reply 62
Had an interview yesterday for staffs for paramedic science and I think it went very well!

just have to wait to hear if they want me or not now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi,
i applied for aeronautical technology in early october through UCAS, i still haven't received a reply. was wondering if they are slower in this department? i have been classed as a international student if that makes a difference?
Hey,

I sent my off my application on 3rd December and have yet to hear back.
I know some students in my class who sent off their applicationat a later date and have each received offers from staffs.
I was wondering if you could found out why my application is taking a lot longer.

Tina Kaur
Original post by shaheensaleh
hi,
i applied for aeronautical technology in early october through UCAS, i still haven't received a reply. was wondering if they are slower in this department? i have been classed as a international student if that makes a difference?

Original post by THENAMEISTINA
Hey,

I know some students in my class who sent off their applicationat a later date and have each received offers from staffs.
I was wondering if you could found out why my application is taking a lot longer.

Tina Kaur

Hi both,

It's difficult to say exactly when offers will get sent out as this varies from course to course. If you're worried you can give our admissions team a call on +44(0)1782 294400 and they'll be able to let you know exactly what's happening with your application. :h:

Fingers crossed both, let me know what happens. :smile:

Katie
I have had 3 offer so far! Staffs and Liverpool Hope are the ones im still waiting for! But Liverpool Hope emailed me saying my application was received and its been processed/screened, don't have a clue whats happening with Staffs :frown: the waiting makes me so anxious!
Original post by THENAMEISTINA
Hey,

Tina Kaur

Hey Tina.

First year here. I was in the exact same position as you were when it came to applications for Staffs Uni. Trust me, they do have it.. it's just the matter of waiting. If any problems do arise however, it's best to give them a call. I'm a first year at Staffs, I can understand your concern! Good luck!

Jaspreet Singh
Original post by RoisinFinnx
I have had 3 offer so far! Staffs and Liverpool Hope are the ones im still waiting for! But Liverpool Hope emailed me saying my application was received and its been processed/screened, don't have a clue whats happening with Staffs :frown: the waiting makes me so anxious!

Hey RoisinFinnx,

First year here! I shouldn't worry too much, I am aware of the anxious wait, haha! But trust me. It's a great uni... the karaoke night on Tuesday is well worth the laughs... as well as the quiz on Sunday! Good luck!

Jaspreet Singh

Heya,

If you can, try not to get too anxious about this. If you're really worrying you can give our admissions team a call to see what's going on with your application. :h: But there's plenty of time to get your offers and make your choices so don't stress out too much...! Universities have until March to finalise their decisions :smile:

Time to focus on your exams and revision now!

Katie
Reply 70
Hi
My names Gemma, I'm a mature student starting at Staffs in September, got my conditional offer for Social Welfare and Advice Policy Practice :smile: Is anybody else doing that?
I've also inputted my UCAS application :smile:
Really excited for this year!
xx
still waiting for a reply, its the only uni I'm waiting on now and I'm really keen to send off my choices so I can start sorting accommodation and that....
Hi there! My names Alex and I've applied for Computer Games Design and Computer Games Production.
I was just wondering if anyone could give me an honest review of the course and the statistics of the amount of students that went on to work in a games company?
Thank you :smile:
Hi my name is Hafsa and I have a interview for adult nursing tomorrow morning I was wondering what the process consists of because in the email I received it states that I will be undertaking a numeracy test, group activity and individual interview so j was wondering would I be doing a literacy test too?? And how many numeracy test is there??
Original post by Gem2015
Hi
My names Gemma, I'm a mature student starting at Staffs in September, got my conditional offer for Social Welfare and Advice Policy Practice :smile: Is anybody else doing that?
I've also inputted my UCAS application :smile:
Really excited for this year!
xx

Heya, great to hear you're excited :h: Hopefully someone else will see this thread. :smile: About 50% of our students are mature students so you won't be alone - I know sometimes people worry about this! The Mature Students forum on TSR is also a very supportive place. There's a nice thread about going to uni as a mature student here.

still waiting for a reply, its the only uni I'm waiting on now and I'm really keen to send off my choices so I can start sorting accommodation and that....

Heya, have you tried contacting admissions directly? You don't need to make firm or insurance choices until May 4th so there's plenty of time. If you're applying for September 2016 entry you've still got plenty of time to get accommodation sorted out so you don't need to worry about this yet. :smile:

Original post by alexmorritt
Hi there! My names Alex and I've applied for Computer Games Design and Computer Games Production.
I was just wondering if anyone could give me an honest review of the course and the statistics of the amount of students that went on to work in a games company?
Thank you :smile:

Heya,

I don't have those figures to hand but I will get in contact with the department to find out for you. There's someone else thinking about Games Design at Staffs here so you might want to talk to them too. :smile:

Katie
Original post by Staffordshire University
Heya, great to hear you're excited :h: Hopefully someone else will see this thread. :smile: About 50% of our students are mature students so you won't be alone - I know sometimes people worry about this! The Mature Students forum on TSR is also a very supportive place. There's a nice thread about going to uni as a mature student here.

Heya, have you tried contacting admissions directly? You don't need to make firm or insurance choices until May 4th so there's plenty of time. If you're applying for September 2016 entry you've still got plenty of time to get accommodation sorted out so you don't need to worry about this yet. :smile:

Heya,

I don't have those figures to hand but I will get in contact with the department to find out for you. There's someone else thinking about Games Design at Staffs here so you might want to talk to them too. :smile:

Katie

I know I still have plenty of time but would like to just get my places sorted out sooner so I stop worrying about them and can focus on my school work, if I wanted to get in touch about where my application is in the process who would I contact and what would I say?
Has anyone else applied for mental health nursing? I have my interview at the start of February and I'm super nervous about the whole group discussion part, eekkk!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I still have plenty of time but would like to just get my places sorted out sooner so I stop worrying about them and can focus on my school work, if I wanted to get in touch about where my application is in the process who would I contact and what would I say?

You can phone up admissions office - 01782294400 and provide them with your UCAS ID number, name of your course you are applying for and your name
Phoned up admissions yesterday and received an offer from staffs today - I have a conditional offer to study Msci Forensic Science!!! WOOP WOOP!!!
Put it down as my firm choice already!!! Cannot wait!!!!

You can give them a call on +44(0)1782 294400 and they'll be able to help. :smile: Just make sure you've got your details to hand and just double check that everything has gone through properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending