The Student Room Group

KPMG assessment center for vacation scheme help.

Hi so i've read a lot of different things about what happens and I just want to check what actually takes place.
I am applying for a summer vacation scheme.

1. Is there a final interview in this AC?
2. Is there the 2 roleplay meetings with a client and then manage?
3. Is there a lunch with KPMG workers?
4. Is there a group exercise? And if so what is this like?
5. for the analysis exercise did you write a proper business report (like with an index etc) Or just use simple headings to split up the report?
6. What did you wear? The email said smart/casual but i've read that people should go smart. I'm a girl and don't know if I should wear a full suit?
7. Finally, does anyone know if you get paid for their vacation scheme?
1-4. No.
5. Just headings. Its very time pressured so theres no time for anything complicated.
6. I wore a smart top and skirt to mine, but you could wear a suit jacket too as all of the guys at my AC were in full suits.
7. Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Kimiechi
1-4. No.
5. Just headings. Its very time pressured so theres no time for anything complicated.
6. I wore a smart top and skirt to mine, but you could wear a suit jacket too as all of the guys at my AC were in full suits.
7. Yes.

Thank you so much! I was worrying a lot about the interviews and stuff haha
Original post by Jess_1324
Thank you so much! I was worrying a lot about the interviews and stuff haha

The simulated meetings were from last year's graduate job AC. They have since been replaced by group exercises. As an applicant for the vacation scheme you leave halfway through the day before lunch. If you're successful you will have a final interview at the end of your internship which, alongside feedback from the scheme, assesses whether you will be offered a graduate position.
Reply 4
The simulated meetings were from last year's graduate job AC. They have since been replaced by group exercises. As an applicant for the vacation scheme you leave halfway through the day before lunch. If you're successful you will have a final interview at the end of your internship which, alongside feedback from the scheme, assesses whether you will be offered a graduate position.

Ah right thanks again! And mine actually starts at 12.30 for some reason, but so happy I don't have to do all of the exercises I read about.

Did you take part in the internship?
Ah right thanks again! And mine actually starts at 12.30 for some reason, but so happy I don't have to do all of the exercises I read about.

Did you take part in the internship?

Ah you're the afternoon session, at least you don't have an early morning!
Yes I did an internship with KPMG in Leeds last summer.
Reply 6
Ah you're the afternoon session, at least you don't have an early morning!
Yes I did an internship with KPMG in Leeds last summer.

did you have a positive experience?
did you have a positive experience?

It was a really good insight into the company and they got me involved in lots of things that were going on like spending time on a client site. And it meant that at the final interview I could talk about my experiences and give better explanations for why i wanted to work for the firm and in that department.
Which office/business area are you applying for?
Reply 8
Sounds like you actually get good work to do!
And audit Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending