The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Solrac777
Anyone still waiting on Durham/Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like Durham is only going to reply in February/March 2016 judging from their acknowledgement email. But there are people who are holding offers from Durham here though.

"The admissions selectors will consider all applications as quickly as possible but in the interests of fairness, many decisions will need to wait until we have received all applications which were submitted by the UCAS deadline of 15 January. We do aim to make all decisions on on-time applications by the end of March."
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you think UCL will give out any offers/rejections by the end of this month?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully? Hahaha. I do hope to receive it fast, even if it is going to be rejection.
Original post by NickMorgan97
Got an offer for Law at Christ's at Cambridge (A*AA) :smile:

Can you possibly send me your Personal Statement?
Is anyone still waiting for Nottingham?
I got an interview in UCL for Law with French law. Anyone who have an interview there? Anyone else who is being interviewed?
Original post by oli19919
Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
I got 4A*s and 7As, so far from outstanding. Cambridge do place more emphasis upon A Levels and the interviews however.
Original post by Lalliish
Can you possibly send me your Personal Statement?

No
Original post by connieiscrazy

Still waiting for Nottingham here.
Yes a few people have had offers! They have given out shed loads of rejections though so if you haven't been rejected by now it's probably good news!:smile:)
Original post by Bobkata

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry you do not need to stress too much about gcses jsut do your best:smile:)) (aim for As and A*s and maybe some Bs if you can), but UCL place the most weight on your A2 predictions, good work experience and the LNAT- and most impotantly your PS!
Original post by oli19919
Excellent, the city is beautiful.

First exam for me is 3rd May but it's english language, then week later is french, then in middle of May they start properly with one every two days or so...

That's a bit of a relief haha, the plan is to do/finish notes up until Feb half term, then revise/learn/practise from Feb half term bit by bit :tongue:

Tbh just want to get them out of the way so I can no longer study chemistry or French!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by elise1998
Yes a few people have had offers! They have given out shed loads of rejections though so if you haven't been rejected by now it's probably good news!:smile:)

Hmm, how do you know that they have given out a lot of rejections?
Original post by Al9121010
Hmm, how do you know that they have given out a lot of rejections?

I know a fair amount of applicants there from law things!
Original post by hanrob
Well done!! Which college?

Fitzwilliam

Original post by Gingerlamps1335
Just wondering, what were the other unis you applied to? If you applied to Cambridge in October surely they would have replied by now??

I sent my Cambridge application in March and then used track to add my other universities in December, so they've only had my application for around a month.
Original post by seeunexttuesday
To the people who have received offers from Cambridge: Firstly, well done!! Secondly, what colleges?

I've got an offer from Fitzwilliam; anyone else?

I've got an offer from Fitz - I must've met you at the interview day I'm guessing?
Original post by connieiscrazy

Yeah!!
Do you guys think not having a reply from Bristol is a good or bad sign :confused:
Original post by elise1998
I know a fair amount of applicants there from law things!

I see. May I ask on what basis were the rejections based on?
Original post by dodo15
Do you guys think not having a reply from Bristol is a good or bad sign :confused:

It means you are one of the many still waiting in the pool of possibles. They haven´t yet started alloting the bulk of places. So we are all currently in the same boat. Not sure if I heard anyone actually getting a Bristol rejection yet, so there a lot of people still in the game. So you can`t read anything into in except you weren't one of the few early offer recipients
Original post by dodo15

When did you apply?

Latest

Trending

Trending