The Student Room Group

Difficulty with ucas, please help

Hi sorry but I'm in a bit of a panic since the UCAS deadline is tomorrow for most courses.

I've stumbled on a bit of a problem on the application website. I left college last year but I was told I must send my application with them(Due to reference and such) so I entered the buzzword and everything.

However I am retaking some exams in May/June 2016, but as a external student because I finished my original A level course in June 2015.

Unless I put that I'm still a full time student(Which I'm not), It won't let me add any pending exams I have to take, so my question is, should I tick the full time box anyway?

Thanks.
Original post by Evil Genius
Hi sorry but I'm in a bit of a panic since the UCAS deadline is tomorrow for most courses.

I've stumbled on a bit of a problem on the application website. I left college last year but I was told I must send my application with them(Due to reference and such) so I entered the buzzword and everything.

However I am retaking some exams in May/June 2016, but as a external student because I finished my original A level course in June 2015.

Unless I put that I'm still a full time student(Which I'm not), It won't let me add any pending exams I have to take, so my question is, should I tick the full time box anyway?

Thanks.

No, you put the centre in a second time, tick that you are part time and put the attendance dates in as only the months you are sitting the exams.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, you put the centre in a second time, tick that you are part time and put the attendance dates in as only the months you are sitting the exams.

Thanks a lot!!, you saved me again!
Thanks a lot!!, you saved me again!

It's my job! You're welcome.:smile:
It's my job! You're welcome.:smile:

Sorry one for problem. It says "Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending."

Is there any way to fix this haha?
Sorry one for problem. It says "Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending."

Is there any way to fix this haha?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633&p=59344045#post59344045
As you will see from the screenshot, that is how it should look.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633&p=59344045#post59344045

So should I put the start date as 2014 like in the screenshot? Also on the screenshot it says fulltime, should I change it or leave it as part time? Thanks.

Oh I think i've fixed it. I put the start date as June 2015 when I left the full time course. Is that alright?
Oh I think i've fixed it. I put the start date as June 2015 when I left the full time course. Is that alright?

You put your school in where you sat your exams with the dates you started and finished there, and put full time. Then you put the same centre in again with the dates of the exams -May 2016 start, June 2016 finish, and put it as part time.

@claireestelle @SlowlorisIncognito @Minerva What am I not seeing here? Having a senior moment.
You put your school in where you sat your exams with the dates you started and finished there, and put full time. Then you put the same centre in again with the dates of the exams -May 2016 start, June 2016 finish, and put it as part time.

@claireestelle @SlowlorisIncognito @Minerva What am I not seeing here? Having a senior moment.

It doesn't let you do that. It gives you a warning message stating the dates are in the future and you need to enter the centre you're currently attending(I'm not currently attending anything as I finished last year.)

Ah, Forgive me, it seems you can do that now. I've entered the may 2016/june 2016 successfully now, cheers for your help!
It doesn't let you do that. It gives you a warning message stating the dates are in the future and you need to enter the centre you're currently attending(I'm not currently attending anything as I finished last year.)

Can't think why, as long as you put a finish date in for the first set of exams. I'll summon another genie:
@PQ
Ah, Forgive me, it seems you can do that now. I've entered the may 2016/june 2016 successfully now, cheers for your help!

That's good. Hope it goes well.
Sorry - only just picked this up - glad you've been able to sort it :smile:
Original post by Minerva
Sorry - only just picked this up - glad you've been able to sort it :smile:

Hi and yeah It's been sorted now thanks.

Just one more question haha, Since I've applied to different universities(Local ones this time) but to the same courses as last year, I've used the personal statement I had last year with some minor adjustments. The reason being the deadline is tomorrow and I only decided I was 100% going the Uni route a few days ago due to previous dithering over options.

Since it is 100% my own work, will I get flagged for plagiarism? Because apparently if they match your name and DOB they will be sound with it being identical to last year. Thank you.
Oh hey, i'm in the exact same position as you :P With the gap yr and resits thing. Gd luck!
Hi and yeah It's been sorted now thanks.

Just one more question haha, Since I've applied to different universities(Local ones this time) but to the same courses as last year, I've used the personal statement I had last year with some minor adjustments. The reason being the deadline is tomorrow and I only decided I was 100% going the Uni route a few days ago due to previous dithering over options.

Since it is 100% my own work, will I get flagged for plagiarism? Because apparently if they match your name and DOB they will be sound with it being identical to last year. Thank you.

Yes, it will get flagged but as you say, it will get matched to your last application and passed through.
Yes, it will get flagged but as you say, it will get matched to your last application and passed through.

Ucas has sent me a email saying they have passed my application off to all the uni's, and I've got a track account now, so that means they must have matched my application to last year.?

Been a hectic 48hours as I'm usually proactive instead of doing things last minute but I'm glad my application has gone through.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!
Ucas has sent me a email saying they have passed my application off to all the uni's, and I've got a track account now, so that means they must have matched my application to last year.?

Been a hectic 48hours as I'm usually proactive instead of doing things last minute but I'm glad my application has gone through.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!

If Track is up and running, you're good to go. Well done, and good luck.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending