The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

What questions are usually asked at interviews? Im going to have an interview on 15th of February.
Original post by Grewsters
For me Kent was about 2 weeks and Sheffield about a month. It will definitely depend on when you applied though

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ucas application was sent December 19 and I haven't receive any email from kent yet. Still preparing for my portfolio and task for sheffield.
Original post by hongwai
Is the FL a requirement for UCL? Wasn't aware of that. Don't worry so much. Am sure many applicants only have the FL for GCSE level.

No, it's like because UCL do not take people who's doing Alevel of their own language in to consideration as a grade for the min req. so it says on the website that they need students to mention it's not their mother language in order to be counted as an alevel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 423
Original post by archincent
My ucas application was sent December 19 and I haven't receive any email from kent yet. Still preparing for my portfolio and task for sheffield.

The universities will have been off for Christmas so it'll take longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by archincent
Guys how long did you wait for the decision after sending your portfolio ? I applied to kent, sheffield and newcastsle..

Kent didnt ask for a portfolio but 1 week, Newcastle was 4 days after sending the portfolio and Sheffield was 5 days (all gave offers)
Original post by nnm4651
No I hadn't heard about it till you mentioned it...so are you going?

Yeah I am! Are you?
Hi guys!

Has anyone had an offer from liverpool yet?

And how long did it take for them to give you an offer after sending off your portfolio?
Original post by sophiewillis1
Hi guys!

Has anyone had an offer from liverpool yet?

And how long did it take for them to give you an offer after sending off your portfolio?

Yep, i submitted it on the 1st dec and got an offer on the 18th (AAB) :smile:
Reply 428
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh for architecture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by n_stevensco
Yep, i submitted it on the 1st dec and got an offer on the 18th (AAB) :smile:

18th of December?
Ah what did you do for the space task?
Reply 430
Original post by Joe1.618
Just got an offer from Kent AAB, has anyone got offers from Edinburgh or Nottingham yet?

I'm waiting to hear back from Edinburgh too, have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 431
Original post by gerttruda
What questions are usually asked at interviews? Im going to have an interview on 15th of February.

Where? This thread has plenty of advice if u will only look for it. People have been very kind to post even the minute details!
Reply 432
Thank you all verrrry much! :smile: Yes, I think it will be my firm with Bath being the insurance (as a EU applicant, the conditions are quite high and... interesting, so to say). The college is Sidney Sussex and it was a direct application (not pooled).
I have one more UCAS choice left, what do you think I shoold choose? I have Cambridge, Bath, UCL and Manchester.

I am not really familiar with this Firm/Insurance thing, but what would you choose in my place? I am quite confused. I would really appreciate some advice. :smile:
Yes I am! Did you get the special email thing? What was your portfolio like and grades etc? Where else have you applied?
Original post by sophiewillis1
Is anyone going to Manchester taster for arch on Tuesday? 19th of Jan?

I am! Did you get the special email? What was your portfolio like and what are your predicted grades etc? Where did you apply?
Original post by theocider
I am! Did you get the special email? What was your portfolio like and what are your predicted grades etc? Where did you apply?

Hi message me?
hey guys. just found out my teacher wrote me a 2800 character reference. I'm afraid that she didn't write a lot about me.do you think that 2800 characters is enough for a reference? what do you think
Original post by larra7
Thank you all verrrry much! :smile: Yes, I think it will be my firm with Bath being the insurance (as a EU applicant, the conditions are quite high and... interesting, so to say). The college is Sidney Sussex and it was a direct application (not pooled).
I have one more UCAS choice left, what do you think I shoold choose? I have Cambridge, Bath, UCL and Manchester.

I am not really familiar with this Firm/Insurance thing, but what would you choose in my place? I am quite confused. I would really appreciate some advice. :smile:

Out of interest, do you prefer the more academic approach to architecture? is that why you have chosen Cambridge & Bath over UCL?

What do people think of UCL here? - It has been voted top architecture school by AJ for 11 years in a row - tops the Guardian's league tables nearly every year but people seem to hate it?
the only complaint I've often seen on threads is that many students complained about the lack of cad teaching. as they said, UCL artsy approach is way too artsy.
Original post by Francescopsq97
the only complaint I've often seen on threads is that many students complained about the lack of cad teaching. as they said, UCL artsy approach is way too artsy.

But surely understanding space and what makes great architecture is so much more important than learning technicalities that can be picked up in Part 2 or in placements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending