The Student Room Group

4 A Levels in 4 Months

Evening all.

So I've just started studying for A levels - well, 6 days ago, and I'm taking the exams this spring/summer.

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. Studied 16 hours per day so far, plus 200 hours I had clogged in from earlier on.

Did a video on this too.

Interested in knowing whether you folks think this is realistic or not.
Of course, any tips would be welcome.
Reply 1
no its too hard
I suppose it is salvageable if you knew how to approach it.

The unfortunate thing is revision at A-levels (for me anyway) has also mostly been a lot of trial and error on how to revise.

You won't just instantly gain that, no matter how well you plan or prepare.

Possible if you had my way of approaching things now.*
Reply 3
You're approaching this way too systematically. Firstly, revising 16 hours out of 24 seems like way too much not because you can't but because you're going to overwork your brain and basically not remember information as effectively - in order to combat this, however I do hope you take regular breaks a couple of times an hour.

Secondly, when you say A levels, I really hope you mean AS or A2 and not 4 full a levels, damn son. In which case I don't think you'll find anyone else crazy enough to attempt this suicide mission!

How do you also revise? Are you attempting to go through all 4 subjects in a day or do you do 1 subject per day or something. Joke aside, this honestly seems ridiculous.

Lastly: you have beautiful hair.

EDIT: ALSO WHAT ABOUT COURSEWORK?! I'm pretty sure OCR and Edexcel (and maybe/probably others too) for Biology and Chemistry have some sort of coursework or controlled assessment. You seem to be self-teaching.

wat
(edited 8 years ago)
With determination, it is possible. In winter 2015, I did CIE A level Physics and Chemistry A2 in a 2 month period(multiply by 2, you get almost 4 A levels for 4 months :tongue:). Now doing A level Maths.

You don't have to study for 16 hours a day. It may suit you, but most likely not. I'd rather you take 2 subjects a day, Maths and Physics in one, Chemistry and Biology in the next. 4 hours per subject each day should be enough. And one day to go through all that you learnt during the week.

Make sure you understand everything from Physics, Chemistry and Bio. Maths is mostly practice.
dont worry success is not on your side for this year. Have you ever thought of being a shoemaker. Dont worry you can take a gap year and retake your a-levels. I am a teacher myself and with my experience within the last ten years, I dont think its possible especially with those hard a-levels. Try next time....
Original post by LevellingTime
Evening all.

So I've just started studying for A levels - well, 6 days ago, and I'm taking the exams this spring/summer.

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. Studied 16 hours per day so far, plus 200 hours I had clogged in from earlier on.

Did a video on this too.

Your video is interesting. How are you going about doing the coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm not one to say never, but this does seem slightly out of the realms of possibility.
16 hour revision days are too much for a start, your brain cannot retain all of that information, and I'm surprised you've lasted 6 days if I'm honest! You're going to get burned out in no time, and burnout is no joke. You'll forget pretty much everything you've learned.

But in terms of advice, I'd say to definitely tone down the revision hours. Take regular breaks, they're very important.
Reply 8
Original post by Romanoff

Secondly, when you say A levels, I really hope you mean AS or A2 and not 4 full a levels, damn son. In which case I don't think you'll find anyone else crazy enough to attempt this suicide mission!

Original post by Cari98
I'm not one to say never, but this does seem slightly out of the realms of possibility.
16 hour revision days are too much for a start, your brain cannot retain all of that information, and I'm surprised you've lasted 6 days if I'm honest!

Very much possible! I've just come from doing 3 A-Levels in 3 months (including the time I took two weeks off for a holiday in Turkey and another week for an interview at Cambridge) - I'm currently sitting my exams now and I've finished Physics 1, C1-2, M3 and FP1 so far with another 7 or so modules left, I've got one or two leftover modules that I need to complete in June because they don't offer them in January and it's been going well so far!

I spent about 2 hours a day studying and another 1 hour and half a day on past papers on average.
Reply 9
anything is possible if you put your mind to it!
16 hours isn't enough 20
Hours a day will maybe get you 4
c's

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am giving 3 Alevels in May/June and its easy I havent even started studying yet. You can easily do 4 A Levels in 4 Months by studying atleast 10 hours everyday.
Evening all.

Did a video on this too.

Original post by Kamran Fazal
I am giving 3 Alevels in May/June and its easy I havent even started studying yet. You can easily do 4 A Levels in 4 Months by studying atleast 10 hours everyday.

And btw don't count School Hours in the 10 Hours
Original post by Zacken
Very much possible! I've just come from doing 3 A-Levels in 3 months (including the time I took two weeks off for a holiday in Turkey and another week for an interview at Cambridge) - I'm currently sitting my exams now and I've finished Physics 1, C1-2, M3 and FP1 so far with another 7 or so modules left, I've got one or two leftover modules that I need to complete in June because they don't offer them in January and it's been going well so far!

I spent about 2 hours a day studying and another 1 hour and half a day on past papers on average.

Which subjects are you doing? If you don't mind me asking.
Reply 14
Original post by Romanoff
Which subjects are you doing? If you don't mind me asking.

M, FM and Physics. :smile:
Honestly mad respect for this brah.. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest