The Student Room Group

Is height attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WithoutMuchHope
I stand at 5'1 and find all heights attractive, though anything larger than 6'1 is getting kinda ridiculous. The best height range for me is 5'7-5'11 probs.

that said, I would quite like to date a guy someday who is 5'2-3. I think it would be a nice change!

I'm finally too tall for something!
I am female and 5FT 7IN. I like being this height but wish I was 2 inches taller.This is because I was a professional dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris. This in my day,[1986] was the minimum height requirement for girls. Nowadays you have to be at least 5FT 9IN tall to be accepted. I wanted to be 2 inches taller as when I left the Moulin Rouge I would have liked to have gone to dance at the Lido ,also in Paris [where the Bluebell Girls dance]. I "chose" a tall man to be the father of my son as I wanted someone who was intelligent,tall and good looking so my future child would be. Luckily he is all three things. But funnily enough I am really attracted to men who are smaller than me,for some reason.!
It's hard to flirt with girls who are that short because when you're making a move you have to throw caution to the wind and just kinda swoop down there for a kiss. Not very subtle but Daniel Kahnemann told me not to be risk averse so I guess I like short girls.
Original post by jshep000
laughing.png

I don't know why you're being cocky. There's a reason you're only on 6 gems with 2,500 posts, bud.
Yes, height is very important and very attractive in a man, along with his money, muscles and facial aesthetics.

I wouldn't mind going out with a woman who was taller than me, I'm very short so it's alright.
Original post by ATLHustler

Edit ; or for guys, is someone being taller than you a no no?

Tall people are attractive, however height isn't too important.
Only ever been with girls my height (i'm 5'4) but I have this huge crush on this girl who is about 5'10
As far as physical characteristics go, for me its more about the face and how she looks after her body
I'm pretty tall, but I just couldn't date anybody taller than 5ft11, would seem weird :s-smilie:
Original post by callum_law
I don't know why you're being cocky. There's a reason you're only on 6 gems with 2,500 posts, bud.

1/10 attempt.
Original post by jshep000
1/10 attempt.

I see you're not ready to let that information sink in. Come back when you are.
Original post by raman_17
I think girls should range from 5foot to 5foot 2inches to be decent

:lolwut: That is a tiny range. Are you going to get a tape measure out and measure them? Wtf.
It's a bit dumb deciding if someone is attractive based on height. You could see the sexiest guy on tinder meet him and he's 3 inches shorter than you in heels. Also the BFG is ugly af so to me it isn't that important.
I'm a girl and I'm 6ft.. but have dated people who have been both smaller and taller than me and I don't think it makes much of a big deal :smile: although I do think that the majority of girls do prefer to be with someone taller. Which can be quite a challenge when you're my height.. :tongue:
Yes, it is. I don't exactly hate myself for it but I also feel like it's a tad discriminatory in a bad way because there aren't many tall girls (5 ft 10 in and more). However, since I'm 6 ft 4 in myself and have a thing for thin dominant women (I mean strong-willed with opinions and preferences, not screaming feminists or other silly political activists), I think it's a fair requirement. They tend to be athletic and generally impressive.
for guys, is someone being taller than you a no no?

Given than I'm 6'2'', absolutely a no no :lol:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Given than I'm 6'2'', absolutely a no no :lol:

I'm a whole fourteen inches shorter than you! XD
Original post by callum_law
I see you're not ready to let that information sink in. Come back when you are.

0.5/10 slowly getting worse.
Reply 77
A guy like me has to take what he can get :tongue:

Nahh but seriously, i honestly don't care too much about height
I'm a whole fourteen inches shorter than you! XD

Pair of 6'' heels then you'll only be 8'' shorter :biggrin:
Reply 79
For my height legit anyone over 5'5 is huge

Lol that must be a bit annoying cos most guys you will see will look huge then.

Quick Reply

Latest