The Student Room Group

Boyfriends reaction to my accident

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've left my friends endless times to look after him. I left my house at 3am and got the bus for 30 minutes to take him to hospital not long ago. Yet he can't even send a sincere text. I think the time has really come to walk away. I feel alone in a relationship so I might as well be alone without him and that'll be no different..

A relationship should never feel like this. That's not a true relationship at all. Don't let this scumbucket drag you down, you're better than that. You deserve better. Don't dwell on the past and all the things he never did, or all the things you did for him. Just accept it is the past, it's over and move on because he's honestly not worth the thought at this point.
Reply 41
I just don't understand it, if my gf was in a car accident - I'll be over there in a heart beat. No matter what I'm doing.
Original post by z33
dump him on the spot

This. Deffo.
Original post by cheshiremum
You deserve better. If you care about someone, your priorities reflect that. Protect your self-esteem, and think about whether you should be in a relationship with someone who treats you like that. I'd usually try not to express a strong view, but his behaviour sounds appalling.

I don't control what he does. I wouldn't stop him being with his friends which is why I'm even more upset that he claims that he can't speak to me because he's with his friends.. Would I be a huge dick if I left him without saying anything? I can't put myself through it to argue why I'm leaving and have him try to convince me that he cares but was busy..
after reading what u posted dump him
Original post by Drake93
I just don't understand it, if my gf was in a car accident - I'll be over there in a heart beat. No matter what I'm doing.

He started spending more time with me than his friends. I encouraged him to go do stuff with them but he refused. So it feels ****. He can't physically be here unless he got the train for two hours but surely I deserve a message or a call at least. I feel pathetic
I don't control what he does. I wouldn't stop him being with his friends which is why I'm even more upset that he claims that he can't speak to me because he's with his friends.. Would I be a huge dick if I left him without saying anything? I can't put myself through it to argue why I'm leaving and have him try to convince me that he cares but was busy..

You are not obliged to write an essay listing in detail why you don't want to be with somebody. You don't need empirical evidence and correct citations.

If you don't want to be with somebody any more (because they are clearly a knob'ead), then just stop being with them and get on with your life.

Get well soon.

[no, you wouldn't be a dick]
Original post by Potiron
You are not obliged to write an essay listing in detail why you don't want to be with somebody. You don't need empirical evidence and correct citations.

If you don't want to be with somebody any more (because they are clearly a knob'ead), then just stop being with them and get on with your life.

Get well soon.

[no, you wouldn't be a dick]

this
Original post by SophieSmall
A relationship should never feel like this. That's not a true relationship at all. Don't let this scumbucket drag you down, you're better than that. You deserve better. Don't dwell on the past and all the things he never did, or all the things you did for him. Just accept it is the past, it's over and move on because he's honestly not worth the thought at this point.

Like I've said in a separate response, would it be bad if I just left him and didn't say why it's over or that it is over? He will just argue how he cares but was busy.
Please dump him.

If I heard my partner was in hospital I'd be having a severe panic attack from the sheer concern and worry, I'd probably have to be rushed off to hospital myself. (I'm a guy)

What his behaviour shows is clear and simple whether or not it's hard to hear; He doesn't really care that much about you. You're his 'girlfriend', it's a title to him and nothing more. If you died he'd probably be sad for a few days, take a pat on the back and then forget about it. That's not the kind of person to be committing yourself to. He's a selfish, clueless t w a t
boys aren't actually this thick are they? this is trolling, yeah?

please.
Like I've said in a separate response, would it be bad if I just left him and didn't say why it's over or that it is over? He will just argue how he cares but was busy.

Just do what you want, you're not in the wrong here. Tell him if you want to, don't if you don't want to.

if he tries to argue against you just ignore it, you know better than to fall for his BS so don't bother to indulge him.

no
Original post by Potiron
boys aren't actually this thick are they? this is trolling, yeah?

please.

I wish I was. I thought I was pregnant at one point and would need an abortion. I've let him know about it he told me to deal with it because he won't have his life ruined. Forever has other plans when something happens and lands me in hospital.

I hope you're okay. I've had strangers who helped me in public care more.
Original post by insert-username
Please dump him.

If I heard my partner was in hospital I'd be having a severe panic attack from the sheer concern and worry, I'd probably have to be rushed off to hospital myself. (I'm a guy)

What his behaviour shows is clear and simple whether or not it's hard to hear; He doesn't really care that much about you. You're his 'girlfriend', it's a title to him and nothing more. If you died he'd probably be sad for a few days, take a pat on the back and then forget about it. That's not the kind of person to be committing yourself to. He's a selfish, clueless t w a t

Unfortunately apparently I'm being dramatic and it happens too frequently to care about me. Just a few days ago he claimed how if anything happened to be he'd be devastated and how he's so worried about me when I'm in hospital..questionable 😪
Reply 55
I wish I was. I thought I was pregnant at one point and would need an abortion. I've let him know about it he told me to deal with it because he won't have his life ruined. Forever has other plans when something happens and lands me in hospital.

I hope you're okay. I've had strangers who helped me in public care more.

Naa, that's taking the piss. Get rid, he sounds like a right c***t
Confront them and maybe prepare to break up.
He actually broke up with me for being upset about his reaction..

Probably the only favour he's ever done for you. Good, you never have to speak to that sorry ass again. Hope you're feeling alright and good luck with your hospital recovery, and you'll find someone so much better and worth your time trust me. Once you're with someone who actually treats you right you'll wonder what on earth you were thinking with this sack of ****.

You dodged a bullet, sorry to hear about what happened but you'll be much, much better off without him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending