The Student Room Group

Want to cheat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by royal1990
You couldn't have summed it up better. Honestly, their preference for, and prioritisation of a quick release, over the emotional and physical wellbeing of their partner is what really makes me sick.

I think you just got to the very core of the issue for me, and that is what disgusts me the most. Genuinely feel ill thinking about it. It is pretty ignorant and devoid of any empathy for people to do it- incredibly selfish and thoughtless.

I've cut people out of my life as well, and I actually pity people that do such things. They must be low lives and set bad examples for their friends, family.

Pretty much how I view them. There are only very specific examples in which I'd think that they're not low, for example if their partner was long term comatose and unlikely to wake or dying from a degenerative illness that has basically taken everything you know about that person away (like alzheimer's). And on some occasions if in an abusive relationship but too scared to leave. In those situations, I wouldn't feel very badly of the person. But those situations are few and far between. Most people who cheat just did it because they are a selfish little child who cares only for themselves. I will never tolerate a cheater, ever.
Original post by SophieSmall
Pretty much how I view them. There are only very specific examples in which I'd think that they're not low, for example if their partner was long term comatose and unlikely to wake or dying from a degenerative illness that has basically taken everything you know about that person away (like alzheimer's). And on some occasions if in an abusive relationship but too scared to leave. In those situations, I wouldn't feel very badly of the person. But those situations are few and far between. Most people who cheat just did it because they are a selfish little child who cares only for themselves. I will never tolerate a cheater, ever.

Agreed. Problem is, you never know who is and who isn't. You never know until your hit by the cheater, and they almost always try to hide it, and even stubbornly deny it when all evidence is on the table for all to see. Obviously, most people trust their partners. Reading stuff like this just exacerbates my predisposition for paranoia and anxiety.

Its a real shame that society has come to this.
Disgusting. He deserves better. Don't know why people are going on about bringing back the excitement into the relationship. If OP is thinking of cheating on him the relationship is already well and truly over. Do him a favour and dump him. Stupid hoe
Agreed. Problem is, you never know who is and who isn't. You never know until your hit by the cheater, and they almost always try to hide it, and even stubbornly deny it when all evidence is on the table for all to see. Obviously, most people trust their partners. Reading stuff like this just exacerbates my predisposition for paranoia and anxiety.

Its a real shame that society has come to this.

Yeah I can understand how it can make you feel that way. I judge people by their actions and how they treat me and those around them. But once someone breaks my trust, it's pretty much over with them and I won't look back. Not any more. I acknowledge that everyone is responsible for their own actions, and no one else's and as such I don't find it too difficult to trust people even though I have been treated horribly by others in the past.
Yeah I can understand how it can make you feel that way. I judge people by their actions and how they treat me and those around them. But once someone breaks my trust, it's pretty much over with them and I won't look back. Not any more. I acknowledge that everyone is responsible for their own actions, and no one else's and as such I don't find it too difficult to trust people even though I have been treated horribly by others in the past.

At least you can somewhat compartmentalise your feelings and emotions. I'm sort of all over the place with mine. Seldom do I trust anyone. Although thats why I'm in therapy (for a range of things)- though thats another story for another thread!
At least you can somewhat compartmentalise your feelings and emotions. I'm sort of all over the place with mine. Seldom do I trust anyone. Although thats why I'm in therapy (for a range of things)- though thats another story for another thread!

It's a skill I have no idea how I acquired but I've always been pretty good at it.
Good luck with therapy, I hope you are able to find trust one day.
It's a skill I have no idea how I acquired but I've always been pretty good at it.
Good luck with therapy, I hope you are able to find trust one day.

Thanks :smile: Trust isn't my only concern- but living one day at a time.
Original post by stop888
Disgusting. He deserves better. Don't know why people are going on about bringing back the excitement into the relationship. If OP is thinking of cheating on him the relationship is already well and truly over. Do him a favour and dump him. Stupid hoe

Lol sometimes people they want to leave their partner but really they don't. They just very bored or thry want something to change/ something was missing.

I know why youre digusted but life is not black and white. It's complex. People leave their partners for someone new and realise it wasn't worth it or they just wanted something in their relationship to change . ( that's why their are marriage counsilors )

I argee, though. 95% of the time when you want to break up/bored,arguing etc that's the end of the relationship. Really. They're no going back. But sometimes, life isn't black and white and I think really that OP will brrak up ans realised she still wanted her partner. Things change. Relationships are work. You have to keep everything satisfied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending