The Student Room Group

Getting over a relationship - in love

Me and my boyfriend just broke up. We ended cause he stood me up and was acting off all week, ignoring me etc, i told him to **** off and its over. I didnt want to be treated like that, our relationship for the past few months has all been my work. I would visit him always, cook, clean, wash, pay for everything. I love him so so much. He wanted me so badly and wanted to marry me, would do anything for me.

since ending, he doesnt want to get back together cause hes going to asia in the summer and thinks the time apart is too much, and in the meantime hes found all this new motivation and it makes me feel so ****. we talk all day over text, and have agreed to be bestfriends. I want him to miss me and see we can work, to see what hes lost. He said he still has feelings for me, is attracted to me and isnt interested in anyone else- wants to be on his own sort of thing.

I love him so much and would do anything for him to consider us. I cant stop thinking about him, i cry everyday and have done for a month. I want him, to see him, to have fun again. we didnt even need to end. we are so good together, he said hes too hurt by what i said - so how can he be my bestfriend? something doesnt add up,

i tell him i miss him and he sometimes says it back but then doesnt. when we text i feel like i always make the effort, i check his whatsapp etc to see if hes ignoring me. If we dont talk i feel rejected. Im not going to delete him off social media cause were still best mates and im not that shallow.

but can someone comfort me in explaining if theyve ever been through this? the pain in my heart - how he did everything to be with me and now doesnt want me. it hurts so so much. he said we can go on a date when hes finished in asia - but me to not get my hopes up cause we dont know how we'll feel

i dont want to get over him but know i have to. if i see him with another girl ill be destroyed inside. someone please help how i get over him. do i start acting not like myself to make me more mysterious - not texting him as much, photos on social media of me on nights out, when i am out not texting him? I know he cares about me and hes told me this and i can see, but im so heartbroken as to how he can not want me anymore when he did everything to be with me.

Any advice to not think of him? i dont want to cut him out of my life as were best friends, so how can i make daily life easier. do i go out lots? get more of a social life? please someone i cant face this heartbreak anymore

thank you x
Well seeing as you told him to go away in the first place, you can hardly blame the guy. Maybe he just needs some time by himself, to evaluate whether he really does love you and can't be without you. If he doesn't want to be with anymore, then there isn't much you can do about it and will prob have to move on.

Sometimes, it can get a bit too much, and no offence, but you looking at whatsapp trying to see if he's ignored is telling me you're not giving us the whole picture. Again, no offence, but you seem very clingy, for a lack of better words. It's a two way thing, if he feels he can't be with you anymore, but is still comfortable having you as a mate, then that's just that. If he wants you still, and you told him all of the above, if he was smart he'd be with you again.

This is coming from a guy, so take what you will from it, but girls who show desperation is a big turn off, in general. I'm not saying you're desperate, but it can come off that way to him.

Btw, if this is a troll, WP lol (I say a troll, since no capital letters etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
He's probably conflicted, he loves u but hes hurt cuz u told him to **** off and ended it
Lay down and rot.
Reply 4
Treat them mean, keep them keen
If it doesn't last it wasn't real love
There is a quote of 'don't regret anything as it was exactly what you wanted at the time' and it doed sound like your emotions got to you and one thing said in a second can mean something so valuable. It is understandable that you are angry with him. Possibly you could speak with him with the foresight that you are making the right decision to leave him and you need confirmation as he might think you are coming back and giving him a second chance which means he will do the same thing again so look for this confirmation and tell him when you find it in his talk and if you are so sure then talk to him again once you are calm and composed and tell him what he did wrong and that you don't wish to be treated like that now or in the future and keep to your guns and confirm it is over and hopefully he will learn from this.

Maybe his attitude is a well chosen defence mechanism but love or these feelings will subside with time you just need to speak with someone about it like your mum or best friend or sister and keep yourself busy with going to the gym and let him have some space to think about things just like you should so no looking on his facebook or ig or whats app and have 2-3 days of none of this worry and stress, go with the girls to the spa..

He said he wants to focus on travelling to asia which is great for him to be doing things with his life and it would have been tough if you were in a relationship but what would you have done really? some facebook posts and messages, some phone and skype calls but it would have been great to be in a relationship and spend a significant time apart knowing that you will be together again in time.. as if things go to plan this is your life partner with a house and kids and all that, so this is a good time to do something like this and maybe his travelling will persude him to go with you travelling in the future, is the sort of sensible conversation you should be having.. think of yourself as two friends who can do something amazing together.. you can have a million friends but this is your best friend.

If after all this questioning about what you two had and could have had and he really isn't saying anything sensible and seeming like he is capable of being your best friend then you will have let him move on and find what is he thinks is for him but most important is that you know who you are and what you are doing and if he can't be with that then remain friends.
Original post by Inspired100
Me and my boyfriend just broke up. We ended cause he stood me up and was acting off all week, ignoring me etc, i told him to **** off and its over. I didnt want to be treated like that, our relationship for the past few months has all been my work. I would visit him always, cook, clean, wash, pay for everything. I love him so so much. He wanted me so badly and wanted to marry me, would do anything for me.

since ending, he doesnt want to get back together cause hes going to asia in the summer and thinks the time apart is too much, and in the meantime hes found all this new motivation and it makes me feel so ****. we talk all day over text, and have agreed to be bestfriends. I want him to miss me and see we can work, to see what hes lost. He said he still has feelings for me, is attracted to me and isnt interested in anyone else- wants to be on his own sort of thing.

I love him so much and would do anything for him to consider us. I cant stop thinking about him, i cry everyday and have done for a month. I want him, to see him, to have fun again. we didnt even need to end. we are so good together, he said hes too hurt by what i said - so how can he be my bestfriend? something doesnt add up,

i tell him i miss him and he sometimes says it back but then doesnt. when we text i feel like i always make the effort, i check his whatsapp etc to see if hes ignoring me. If we dont talk i feel rejected. Im not going to delete him off social media cause were still best mates and im not that shallow.

but can someone comfort me in explaining if theyve ever been through this? the pain in my heart - how he did everything to be with me and now doesnt want me. it hurts so so much. he said we can go on a date when hes finished in asia - but me to not get my hopes up cause we dont know how we'll feel

i dont want to get over him but know i have to. if i see him with another girl ill be destroyed inside. someone please help how i get over him. do i start acting not like myself to make me more mysterious - not texting him as much, photos on social media of me on nights out, when i am out not texting him? I know he cares about me and hes told me this and i can see, but im so heartbroken as to how he can not want me anymore when he did everything to be with me.

Any advice to not think of him? i dont want to cut him out of my life as were best friends, so how can i make daily life easier. do i go out lots? get more of a social life? please someone i cant face this heartbreak anymore

thank you x

He wasn't putting effort into your relationship anymore- so what do you mean it didn't have to end? Of course it had to end, It takes two to hold a relationship and he wasn't into it anymore. Don't settle. If he wanted you to be his again you guys would be together. He showed all signs that his feelings were dying out before the actual breakup.

IMO, you don't try to do anything to get him back, be yourself live life again not trying to "get his attention" and make him miss you. He doesn't want a relationship with you, he was doing all those things, ignoring you, making you do everything because the relationship died out. People say things like " marriage" when their in lust. You never said things to an ex just because it was "in the moment" type of deal?

Being friends with him is just hurting your healing process. Stop talking to him, remove his number, remove him from social media, whatsapp. It will hurt but keeping him around is going to hurt you more imO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending