The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Grades for LSE Accounting and finance

What GCSE grades and predicted a level results do most lse accounting applicants have? Do any accounting applicants get really high results (10+ A* GCSE or A*A*A prediction for a level)? Or is it less competitive (compared to something like economics or maths and economics)?
No. Accounting students aren't really that intelligent in terms of grades. I doubt anyone who is capable of getting 10 A*s GCSE dreams of becoming an accountant
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Coollad1999
No. Accounting students aren't really that intelligent in terms of grades. I doubt anyone who is capable of getting 10 A*s GCSE dreams of becoming an accountant

Oh
Reply 3
Original post by Coollad1999

Lol. About 90% oft the students at AccFin want to go into IB/Consulting.
The placement is the same as the straight Finance course.
Original post by Taddeus
Lol. About 90% oft the students at AccFin want to go into IB/Consulting.
The placement is the same as the straight Finance course.

What placement?
Reply 5
Original post by hoping4Astars
What GCSE grades and predicted a level results do most lse accounting applicants have? Do any accounting applicants get really high results (10+ A* GCSE or A*A*A prediction for a level)? Or is it less competitive (compared to something like economics or maths and economics)?

I got an offer for A&F last year

GCSE 4A* 3A and 1C
AS : AAAAAB
A2 : A*AA

I completed Accounting at AS and GCSE and dropped it for A2 as recommended by LSE.

Good Luck
Original post by hoping4Astars

Definitely less competitive than Economics but it does not mean that is not as useful or have less bright a future. Economics is recognised as more challenging and attracts the very top from all over the world. In previous years, A&F didn't even require an A in Maths. And Accounting sounds less macho/sexy than Economics, although the Finance may be more relevant for IB. As for careers, there are many A&F grads in IB too, not just those who did Econs. In fact, IB looks beyond Econ grads, and some employers even go for those with Art degrees. More importantly that they are tops in their class and have demonstrated leadership in extra curricular activities.
Hi homie, I'm waiting for decision for my application for accounting and finance.
In IGCSE I got 4 A*and 2 A in one sitting.(I just have one year to study IGCSE)

for AS I got 3A UMS:97 in economics,92 in physics and 89 in mathematics(My exam result for A2 math was just released and UMS of A2 was 97 so my Alevel for math is A* with 93)

For Alevel ,2A* in math and Chinese had been certain.other predictions are A* A* A for physics ,economics and further math respectively.

Do you think I'm standing a chance of getting the offer ?
Original post by Robinhood_lse
Hi homie, I'm waiting for decision for my application for accounting and finance.
In IGCSE I got 4 A*and 2 A in one sitting.(I just have one year to study IGCSE)

for AS I got 3A UMS:97 in economics,92 in physics and 89 in mathematics(My exam result for A2 math was just released and UMS of A2 was 97 so my Alevel for math is A* with 93)

For Alevel ,2A* in math and Chinese had been certain.other predictions are A* A* A for physics ,economics and further math respectively.

Do you think I'm standing a chance of getting the offer ?

If you are asking whether your grades are good enough. The answer is Yes.
But getting an offer depends not only on grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending