The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody applied to Cardiff, Kent, Leicester, Swansea or Sheffield (for English Lit)? I applied during christmas holidays and haven't heard back from any of them yet
Original post by careyboyle
Still waiting on St Andrews and Edinburgh!

Same! What course did you apply for?
Original post by HannahI15
I have all my offers except Edinburgh, the wait is killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh is taking aaaaaages, what course did you apply for?
I'm just waiting on Edinburgh (as well) and Stirling now for all of my offers :smile:
Original post by slothonist
Edinburgh is taking aaaaaages, what course did you apply for?

English Language & Linguistics! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In 2015, i applied to surrey, nottingham and canterbury christchurch to study adult nursing, after interviews nottingham took 2 weeks to reject me but canterbury took 4 weeks to make me a conditional offer. However surrey took just 2 days! (Which i accepted) from what ive heard from other ppl on my course, most ppl heard back within a week :smile:
If you are a non-Scots applicant applying to a Scottish Uni, just be aware that they tend to process/offer to Scottish applicants first. This may be why you are not getting fast responses - they are just holding your application until after the UCAS deadline before they make a decision.
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are a non-Scots applicant applying to a Scottish Uni, just be aware that they tend to process/offer to Scottish applicants first. This may be why you are not getting fast responses - they are just holding your application until after the UCAS deadline before they make a decision.

Ah, that makes sense - I've noticed everyone seems to being waiting on Scottish universities.

Come on, Edinburgh! :biggrin:
English Language & Linguistics! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography :smile:
Original post by returnmigrant

I'm a Scottish applicant and I've been waiting for over 2 months!
I'm still waiting for Nottingham and Durham for Law, I'll be so upset if I'm rejected because they are my second and first choices respectively
Still waiting for Sheffield, Liverpool and Leicester... But I got an unconditional today which numbed the waiting-game-pain a bit :console:
Original post by slothonist
Geography :smile:

Awesome, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My son has his offers from Stafford and Plymouth.
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Has anybody applied to Cardiff, Kent, Leicester, Swansea or Sheffield (for English Lit)? I applied during christmas holidays and haven't heard back from any of them yet

I applied to Kent for English & American Lit and Film (28 Dec) and also haven't heard back yet! Surrey is the only choice I've heard back from so far, though I only got my offer yesterday :smile:
Awesome, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too :smile:
Original post by radiohead97
I applied to Kent for English & American Lit and Film (28 Dec) and also haven't heard back yet! Surrey is the only choice I've heard back from so far, though I only got my offer yesterday :smile:

I applied on 26 December :biggrin: I hope they'll get back to you soon! What other unis have you applied to?
KCL replied to me within two days.
Original post by Adelemyqueen
I applied on 26 December :biggrin: I hope they'll get back to you soon! What other unis have you applied to?

Not far off at all haha, wonder who Kent'll respond to first :wink: Do you know which uni you might firm? Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now :biggrin:

I also applied to Reading, Dundee, and Liverpool. It was incredibly unexpected seeing a change on my Track lol, I was so used to logging in and not seeing any new updates xD my expression was literally --> :eek:
Original post by radiohead97
Not far off at all haha, wonder who Kent'll respond to first :wink: Do you know which uni you might firm? Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now :biggrin:

I also applied to Reading, Dundee, and Liverpool. It was incredibly unexpected seeing a change on my Track lol, I was so used to logging in and not seeing any new updates xD my expression was literally --> :eek:

Hopefully they'll reply to both of us on the same day :biggrin:
Nice, yeah I can imagine, the wait is quite painful...

I don't know yet, but either Sheffield or Cardiff would probably my first choice if they gave me an offer :smile: What about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending