The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cholesta
When did you apply?

October 20th but did my LNAT November 21st
Most of them either got that their personal statement is weak or the LNAT score-the usual generic reply!

Original post by Al9121010
I see. May I ask on what basis were the rejections based on?
Original post by crocface
It means you are one of the many still waiting in the pool of possibles. They haven´t yet started alloting the bulk of places. So we are all currently in the same boat. Not sure if I heard anyone actually getting a Bristol rejection yet, so there a lot of people still in the game. So you can`t read anything into in except you weren't one of the few early offer recipients

That seems logical. Doesn't make me feel less worried. Haha thank you!!
I would see it as a good sign, it probably mean that they are considering you.

Hmm hopefully!
Original post by elise1998
Most of them either got that their personal statement is weak or the LNAT score-the usual generic reply!

When did they send their applications off?
Have any applicants who applied in late November heard back from UCL or KCL yet? Rejections or offers! :redface:
Reply 1266
Original post by connieiscrazy
Omg I do exactly the same A-Levels as you snap

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii5

how are you revising/getting on it french? it's killing me but i neeeeed that A in the summer to meet my oxford offer.
Original post by fs1
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii5

how are you revising/getting on it french? it's killing me but i neeeeed that A in the summer to meet my oxford offer.

I learn some vocab every day, in small and manageable chunks, as well as revising grammar and learning all the arguments for the contemporary issues and Truffaut/Camus etc
got an offer from UCL for law, I'm an IB student, the offer was 39 points with 766 at HL
Original post by izzzler
got an offer from UCL for law, I'm an IB student, the offer was 39 points with 766 at HL

Nice. Hopefully your HL subjects are not English and History as only 2-3% of all students manage to get a 7.

Universities are still penalizing the higher end of IB with far too generic offers based on HL but not considering the reality of the difficulty of getting a 7 in some subjects.

It is a scandal and highly pollitical issue I suspect, that it is far easier to gain access to UK UNIs with A levels but then they already know it:

http://www.ioe.ac.uk/56526.html
Reply 1270
Original post by connieiscrazy
I learn some vocab every day, in small and manageable chunks, as well as revising grammar and learning all the arguments for the contemporary issues and Truffaut/Camus etc

Oh my grammar is so bad and I've been meaning to be consistently learning new vocab. I'm doing jeunet (director of Amélie the movie) and de Gaulle (and France leaving NATO) for my cultural topics.
Original post by izzzler

May I ask when did you receive the offer?
Nice. Hopefully your HL subjects are not English and History as only 2-3% of all students manage to get a 7.

Universities are still penalizing the higher end of IB with far too generic offers based on HL but not considering the reality of the difficulty of getting a 7 in some subjects.

It is a scandal and highly pollitical issue I suspect, that it is far easier to gain access to UK UNIs with A levels but then they already know it:

http://www.ioe.ac.uk/56526.html

haha my highers are HL English Literature, Geography, and Psychology

But 39 points is quite reasonable :smile: so it should be alright

are you an IB candidate as well?
May I ask when did you receive the offer?

I received it 2 days ago, so on January 13th, but I applied on September 22nd :smile:
Original post by izzzler
haha my highers are HL English Literature, Geography, and Psychology

But 39 points is quite reasonable :smile: so it should be alright

are you an IB candidate as well?

Hi,

yes I'm IB as well. 39 Points is not the problem for me rather the HL criteria of 7.
As I happened to have picked all HL subjects that statistically only 2-3% get a 7 in.

For you looks a bit better as you have Geography:

Geography HL, top 13% got a 7 in last years exams
Psychology HL, only top 4% got a 7 in last years exams
Engish lit. HL, only top 3% got a 7 in last years exams

http://www.ibo.org/contentassets/bc850970f4e54b87828f83c7976a4db6/dp-2015-may-stats-bulletin.pdf
I'm waiting for a response from UCL and KCL. I applied during early November and sat my LNAT a few days ago (which in all honesty was disastrous). When should I expect a response?
(edited 8 years ago)
It means you are one of the many still waiting in the pool of possibles. They haven´t yet started alloting the bulk of places. So we are all currently in the same boat. Not sure if I heard anyone actually getting a Bristol rejection yet, so there a lot of people still in the game. So you can`t read anything into in except you weren't one of the few early offer recipients

i got my offer earlier today. What are you predicted grades?
Original post by weasleyfan29
A*A*A for my predictions and 7A*s and 3As at GCSE
what about yours? where have you heard from?

My predicted is 38 IB points (766) and my IGCSE's were 8 A*'s and 2 A (or 9A*'s 1 A don't remember really) Got offers from Warwick and QMUL + Bristol just earlier today. Waiting on KCL and LSE. Also as Bristol is a LNAT uni and i know they give 25-30% weightage to it i know i didn't completely fail it! Does anyone know the cut off mark for them so i can have some peace of mind !!

Sent my app on Nov 5th and did the LNAT before i applied. When did you apply?
Original post by kgsj20
3A*s, 6As and a B, you?

8A*'s and 2A's (or 9A*s and 1A don't remember). My top choice is LSE so congrats!! When did you apply?
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
i got my offer earlier today. What are you predicted grades?

Predicted IB 39 HL 6,6,6 No new from Bristol yet, but sounds like they are starting giving out offers if you got one today

Latest

Trending

Trending