The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
What are they looking at when they ask for AS grades? Will they judge you heavily on your average UMS, becasue mine wasnt great compared to others (about 86), or will they be more interested in something like even though I got a B in chemistry last year, it was very very close to an A?

I wouldn't worry too much, I have an interview and my ums was probably around 85-86.
They are probably more looking at whether you'll be able to reach the entry requirements in the summer.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Joooeee
I wouldn't worry too much, I have an interview and my ums was probably around 85-86.
They are probably more looking at whether you'll be able to reach the entry requirements in the summer.

My UMS was 95% so a case in point of UMS not making a drastic difference - I still have not received an interview from UCL :frown:
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
What are they looking at when they ask for AS grades? Will they judge you heavily on your average UMS, becasue mine wasnt great compared to others (about 86), or will they be more interested in something like even though I got a B in chemistry last year, it was very very close to an A?

I'm in the same position but with Biology, 1 mark off an A :angry: Doesn't this just suck?
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
My UMS was 95% so a case in point of UMS not making a drastic difference - I still have not received an interview from UCL :frown:

UCL still has interviews to give out, you'll be fine!
Original post by Joooeee
UCL still has interviews to give out, you'll be fine!

Thanks for the reassurance. Do you know how many interviews and subsequent offers have been given already? I'm under the impression that a majority have passed, which is why I'm mostly worried. I just hope I get a shot :smile:
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Thanks for the reassurance. Do you know how many interviews and subsequent offers have been given already? I'm under the impression that a majority have passed, which is why I'm mostly worried. I just hope I get a shot :smile:

If we look at the dates UCL emailed us a while back, if I remember correctly the latest interview date shows they are around halfway through the dates so at least half the interviews are yet to be given out.

Keep your hopes up, you'll be fine 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
How did people find their interviews this week ? Hope they went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Do UCL tend to ask Oxbridge style questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 528
Original post by Sp22
Do UCL tend to ask Oxbridge style questions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope not, I think it's mainly based around your PS and the BMAT essay.
My friend said that it was quite friendly :smile:
Keep telling myself need to chill and stop worrying but I do remember the email they sent a while back stated majority of the interviews for gap year applicants are around January-ish, so haven't heard anything and didn't get asked about UMS or work experience at all... Got rejected from two other unis already with 3A*s and an A and BMAT 5.7 6.2 2.5A, really don't know what to do anymore, i think hope is perhaps running out for UCL, just hope they know secretly that I love medicine so much and love the university too😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amandaliu816
Keep telling myself need to chill and stop worrying but I do remember the email they sent a while back stated majority of the interviews for gap year applicants are around January-ish, so haven't heard anything and didn't get asked about UMS or work experience at all... Got rejected from two other unis already with 3A*s and an A and BMAT 5.7 6.2 2.5A, really don't know what to do anymore, i think hope is perhaps running out for UCL, just hope they know secretly that I love medicine so much and love the university too😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are your 2 other rejections?
Original post by ilovecake123
Where are your 2 other rejections?

Cambridge and Leeds(got an email from them today)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge and Leeds(got an email from them today)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did Leeds reject you and was Cambridge pre interview or post?
Original post by ilovecake123
Why did Leeds reject you and was Cambridge pre interview or post?

Leeds didn't say, Cambridge was post interview so there's nothing to complain about ah this wait is slowly eroding me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hazard82
I've got an interview on 27th Jan. Got 12A*s at GCSE, BMAT was 5.4, 6.9, 3A, 95% UMS average and predicted A*A*A*A*.

Does anyone have any advice for the interview? I just got rejected post-interview from Imperial. I don't know what on earth went wrong and I am really nervous about UCL.

I am really sorry to hear that, how did you feel that your Imperial interview went?
Reply 535

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they've given out even half their interviews yet
Original post by FutureMedic97
I am really sorry to hear that, how did you feel that your Imperial interview went?

I honestly thought it was fine. I could have been a little less nervous and more outgoing, but it wasn't a poor performance. I mean I have to move on because there's nothing I can do about it, I'm trying to ask for feedback but it really didn't add up when I got the news
Original post by Azula
I don't think they've given out even half their interviews yet

Oh thanks for the comforting news, they did say most gap years will be interviewed in January and they emailed saying all the January interviews are full😂don't know what to do and they've started giving out late February ones already, I just wonder if there's anybody in the same boat, the wait is killing me slowly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 538
Oh thanks for the comforting news, they did say most gap years will be interviewed in January and they emailed saying all the January interviews are full😂don't know what to do and they've started giving out late February ones already, I just wonder if there's anybody in the same boat, the wait is killing me slowly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh really?? Well they said most so there's still hope :ahee:
Original post by Azula
Ahh really?? Well they said most so there's still hope :ahee:

Feels like walking on wafer thin ice, have prepared myself if all doesn't work out😂hope that won't happen tho, I'll just feel crushed and crunched if so😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply