The Student Room Group

NOW OPEN: TSR Blogging Forum!

Do you blog or want to get into blogging? Then this will be the perfect section for you! :blah: :cyber:

All the blogs will be read by TSR staff - the best ones will be promoted on the TSR homepage and in the TSR Times newsletter to allow budding bloggers to get noticed! :star:

The forum is now open! Click here for the blogging forum! :gah:

What can I write about

Anything that would be suitable for TSR! This may include:

- Holidays
- Studies/exams
- Cooking/food
- Fashion
- Learning a new skill
- Books, TV shows, films
- Your daily routine

...and many more!

Any fitness blogs are to be posted in the Fitness blogs Section.

Tips and Guidelines for the new forum:

Give your blog a clear and catchy title: make sure people know what they're going to read about when they click onto the blog :h:

Use embed images and videos to make your blog engaging and the best it can be!

Do not post blogs from external sites: this is a forum for you to showcase what you can write on TSR. Please do not just copy and paste links to blogs or blogs from another website into a new thread. Therefore please ensure your work is new and your own :yep: However feel free to add links to your blog if they are relevant!
So keep an eye out for the new forum and happy blogging! :cyber: :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
However feel free to add links to your blog if they is relevant!

are* :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
are* :smile:

Spoiler

I changed the sentence last minute (it was "if it", but I realised the plural of "links") and clearly didn't double check, oops :giggle:
(edited 8 years ago)
This sounds great! Can't wait. :biggrin:

Just a question - if you start university in September, would you have to switch over to the Freshers' Blogs section?
Reply 4
Is there much demand for a forum like this?
Whoa.
Reply 7
I'm glad you're all excited too! I've not done much blogging before, so it'll be a chance to try out my skills. Going to use the time until it opens to brainstorm ideas - anyone got ideas of things they're going to blog about? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Do you blog or want to get into blogging? Then this will be the perfect section for you! :blah: :cyber:

All the blogs will be read by TSR staff - the best ones will be promoted on the TSR homepage and in the TSR Times newsletter to allow budding bloggers to get noticed! :star:

What can I write about

Anything that would be suitable for TSR! This may include:

- Holidays
- Studies/exams
- Cooking/food
- Fashion
- Learning a new skill
- Books, TV shows, films
- Your daily routine

...and many more!

Any fitness blogs are to be posted in the Fitness blogs Section.

Tips and Guidelines for the new forum:

Give your blog a clear and catchy title: make sure people know what they're going to read about when they click onto the blog :h:

Use embed images and videos to make your blog engaging and the best it can be!

Do not post blogs from external sites: this is a forum for you to showcase what you can write on TSR. Please do not just copy and paste links to blogs or blogs from another website into a new thread. Therefore please ensure your work is new and your own :yep: However feel free to add links to your blog if they are relevant!
So keep an eye out for the new forum and happy blogging! :cyber: :ahee:

Written by @BurstingBubbles
Edited by @shooks

Hmmm :holmes:
Original post by Kyx
Written by @BurstingBubbles
Edited by @shooks

Hmmm :holmes:

He edited my grammatical mistake, it seems :getmecoat:
Reply 11
He edited my grammatical mistake, it seems :getmecoat:

yes...
I have a current blog about my year abroad, how's that? :smile:
Original post by Kyx
yes...

Spoiler

Reply 14

My school blocked trhat image............................
Original post by abruiseonthesky
I have a current blog about my year abroad, how's that? :smile:

Sounds great! As mentioned in the thread, the forum won't be for linking to external blogs or copying and pasting existing blogs into a thread, but if you can write a brand new one, then that would be awesome :biggrin:
Original post by acupofgreentea
This sounds great! Can't wait. :biggrin:

Just a question - if you start university in September, would you have to switch over to the Freshers' Blogs section?

I don't think so, and you can write about anything in the new blogging forum, not just Uni :biggrin:

I'll quote in a member of the CT to answer this better though :h:

shooks
x

Can you answer the above please? :smile:

Original post by lustawny
Is there much demand for a forum like this?

It appears so! I've never blogged before, but all the more reason to with the new forum, try anything once :woo:
It appears so! I've never blogged before, but all the more reason to with the new forum, try anything once :woo:

Proof of that?

If it's a case of making a new forum on the basis that users will begin to start using it over time, then why not try my forum idea?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3621397

I personally think a science forum would be quite popular on here, and it would also be handy to have science-related threads all in one place.
Proof of that?

If it's a case of making a new forum on the basis that users will begin to start using it over time, then why not try my forum idea?

I personally think a science forum would be quite popular on here, and it would also be handy to have science-related threads all in one place.

This isn't relevant to this thread - much better to discuss this in NH&F, or AtCT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proof of that?

If I was part of the CT I would be able to have a say in this but, alas, I am not - plus it wouldn't sit in Community where I am a Support Team member. Talking to the CT regarding this would be the better idea, so I've quoted them into your thread, I hope that will help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest