The Student Room Group

French, Biology,Chemisty & ?

I want to go down the medicine/biology route at uni and can't decide on my a levels. My maths is a strong B/low A grade at GCSE so I don't think I would be confident enough to take it for a level but I don't know what else to take? Any recommendations even if they are more of 'doss' subjects?
Original post by Ileeletro
I want to go down the medicine/biology route at uni and can't decide on my a levels. My maths is a strong B/low A grade at GCSE so I don't think I would be confident enough to take it for a level but I don't know what else to take? Any recommendations even if they are more of 'doss' subjects?

Here's a list of the medical schools' A-level requirements. It's been awhile since I read it but iirc, only one University asks for 3 science A levels. The rest either require Chemistry or Biology and Chemistry, which you have. It shouldn't matter what your 4th A level is. Choose something you enjoy and will do well at as there may be an AS requirement :smile:.

Don't take General Studies or Critical thinking.

Psychology
Classed as a science by many and it's easy, if you can do biology then you should be fine with psych
Reply 3
How good do you have to be at English/Essay writing for psych?
How good do you have to be at English/Essay writing for psych?

You don't
I'm rubbish at essay writing (hence why I dropped English Literature at AS) but I'm doing great in psychology :smile: There is some essay writing but you don't get marked on your 'essay writing skills' so it's a good choice

Quick Reply

Latest