The Student Room Group

Is chivalry dead?

And if it is dead, what killed it?

And is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Your thoughts...

Scroll to see replies

Like that prayer on runescape???? It's dead because jagex updated their game and made it ****ter!!!!
I think it is slowly disappearing. Though, I can tell many times where my crush has behaved in chivalry manner with me.
feminism killed it
Of course u dumb piece of tescos finest horse meat beef burger.
Whens the last time u saw 2 knights going at it in a jousting fight????
We got guns now fam, and instead of knights we got the SAS.
Nah, I remember when it was pouring down with rain and a male friend offered to give me his jacket when he only had a shirt on underneath. I said "No, no, you'll be freezing" but he was like "it doesn't matter, you're a girl". I was pretty cold so in the end I was just like okay yeah. Don't hate me.
Original post by iammeyouareyou
Nah, I remember when it was pouring down with rain and a male friend offered to give me his jacket when he only had a shirt on underneath. I said "No, no, you'll be freezing" but he was like "it doesn't matter, you're a girl". I was pretty cold so in the end I was just like okay yeah. Don't hate me.

Male privilege tho
Reply 7

That was a rather unnecessary thing to say :lol:
Feminazis killed it
Chivalry died, when the Church started loosing it's power. I don't get why people equate putting women on a pedestal with knight etiquette.

Here are the rules of chivalry, notice how brief and vague the bit about women is. "To respect the honour of a woman" that's literally it.

To fear God and maintain His Church

To serve the liege lord in valour and faith

To protect the weak and defenceless

To give succour to widows and orphans

To refrain from the wanton giving of offence

To live by honour and for glory

To despise pecuniary reward

To fight for the welfare of all

To obey those placed in authority

To guard the honour of fellow knights

To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit

To keep faith

At all times to speak the truth

To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun

To respect the honour of women

Never to refuse a challenge from an equal

Never to turn the back upon a foe

Original post by RobML

The PC is strong in this one.
Original post by The Diplomat.
feminism killed it

Agreed ^ I think it's a good thing though. I'm a feminist and I don't see anything wrong with it, but some feminists think it's a step backwards. (But chivalry doesn't have to be one sided)
Original post by Baron Pilkington
Male privilege tho

Ha, I never said I hated being a woman.

Original post by RobML

Haha, I suppose it was kinda necessary in this case since the only reason he offered me his jacket was because I'm a girl. Otherwise he could have offered it to the other guy we were with, or else kept it on himself.
Ha, I never said I hated being a woman.

I would tbf if i were a woman.
I would tbf if i were a woman.

Well, it's a good thing you ain't then.
Well, it's a good thing you ain't then.

I know lol, im not taking the piss but i honestly would hate to be a woman, 18 years of life as a male has made me appreciate all that i am. But its ok, maybe being a woman isnt for me and is for u and others. Just my personal opinion.
I know lol, im not taking the piss but i honestly would hate to be a woman, 18 years of life as a male has made me appreciate all that i am. But its ok, maybe being a woman isnt for me and is for u and others. Just my personal opinion.

Haha, fair enough. Being a man does make it sound as though life would be easier sometimes but I couldn't picture being one.
Original post by Anonymous
And if it is dead, what killed it?

And is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Your thoughts...

[video="youtube"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfR7qc0WVs[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Feminism. Greater equality in all areas of life. Men are no longer treating women like delicate beings that need to be taken care of. They are treating them as their equals.

Women are having more casual sex than in the past.
Men no longer have the incentive to behave like gentlemen. Men who wanted sex once had to acquire girlfriends. Now sex is a right swipe away.

It is not completely dead. Many men will still 'woo' a women who does not give away the goods easily and that they consider to be long-term wife material.
Original post by Juichiro
[video="youtube;aZfR7qc0WVs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfR7qc0WVs[/video]

Wow this was adorable :colondollar: Way better than all the independent women stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending