The Student Room Group

Nestle Assessment Centre

Hi, I have an assessment centre for nestle coming up and was wondering if anyone has any experience and could help me! I was just wondering about how the day is structured and the types of activities you would be involved in. Also, is there an interview?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Which position did you apply for and when is the AC?
Reply 2
Original post by KTS89
Which position did you apply for and when is the AC?

Finance and next week. Have too had one/ know of anyone who has?
Reply 3
Original post by Doodledoo1
Finance and next week. Have too had one/ know of anyone who has?

Having one in early Feb, but for a technical role. I was wondering about the structure of the AC cos I couldn't find much as well. Is yourAC held in York, too?
Reply 4
Original post by KTS89
Having one in early Feb, but for a technical role. I was wondering about the structure of the AC cos I couldn't find much as well. Is yourAC held in York, too?

No, mine's actually in Gatwick. As for structure, I haven't really been given much information; they just said that I would have assessments throughout the day assessing my strengths, skills and experiences. Do you think there will be an interview?
Reply 5
No, mine's actually in Gatwick. As for structure, I haven't really been given much information; they just said that I would have assessments throughout the day assessing my strengths, skills and experiences. Do you think there will be an interview?

I suppose there will be one on the day, yes. But I was curious as well regarding the tasks cos I don't want to go completely unprepared.
Reply 6
Original post by KTS89
I suppose there will be one on the day, yes. But I was curious as well regarding the tasks cos I don't want to go completely unprepared.

There was a review on glassdoor recently on which someone said that it consisted of an icebreaker, written test, 2 interviews and a presentation; it was also said it was strengths based so you're assessed on not just what you say but how you say it so need to be constantly enthusiastic and friendly. But, that was only one review wouldn't rely on just that for preparation just in case!
Reply 7
I checked their website again and it is mentioned that in case of success in the AC we will be invited to the final interview with a Senior Manager, so probably no interview on the day. It is also mentioned that the day consists of a group exercise+presentation, written exercise + answering questions and a case study + presentation.
Reply 8
There was a review on glassdoor recently on which someone said that it consisted of an icebreaker, written test, 2 interviews and a presentation; it was also said it was strengths based so you're assessed on not just what you say but how you say it so need to be constantly enthusiastic and friendly. But, that was only one review wouldn't rely on just that for preparation just in case!

Any news on this one? How did you find the AC overall?
Reply 9
Original post by KTS89
Any news on this one? How did you find the AC overall?

Hey! So, there's an interview in which half of it is about your motivation for nestle and area and the other half is strengths based. There's also an individual presentation, in which you have about around 45 mins to prepare (I think but I'm not entirely sure! I can't remember!) and you present in front of 2 assessors. There's also a group exercise, which is quite easy.

One tip would be that you're always being assessed even during lunch, when you're being taken to the interview room by the assessor, etc, so remember all the time it is a strengths based AC so if they don't see lots of energy and enthusiasm and positive body language during every task and every moment of the day they will assume that you're not enjoying yourself and hence you are not using your strengths and hence Nestle is not the place for you. I personally did not get through because I had never really been to a strengths based AC so didn't really know how to behave to get through to the next stage.

But everyone is really friendly and they really want you to be relaxed so you do the best you can. And they give you a phone call to go through feedback and you can ask them questions, whether or not you get through. Good luck!!
Reply 10
Hey! So, there's an interview in which half of it is about your motivation for nestle and area and the other half is strengths based. There's also an individual presentation, in which you have about around 45 mins to prepare (I think but I'm not entirely sure! I can't remember!) and you present in front of 2 assessors. There's also a group exercise, which is quite easy.

One tip would be that you're always being assessed even during lunch, when you're being taken to the interview room by the assessor, etc, so remember all the time it is a strengths based AC so if they don't see lots of energy and enthusiasm and positive body language during every task and every moment of the day they will assume that you're not enjoying yourself and hence you are not using your strengths and hence Nestle is not the place for you. I personally did not get through because I had never really been to a strengths based AC so didn't really know how to behave to get through to the next stage.

But everyone is really friendly and they really want you to be relaxed so you do the best you can. And they give you a phone call to go through feedback and you can ask them questions, whether or not you get through. Good luck!!

Thanks for the info. I couldn't make it to mine a couple of weeks ago and I booked a slot for the next one in March. It's not the job I'm most keen about (manufacturing; I wonder why I did not apply for engineering) so my lack of enthusiasm might show, but I'll go just in case. Good luck to your search as well.
Reply 11
Anyone went to assessment centre nestle for engineering please let me know thank you
Reply 12

How long was did it take for nestle to reply to you regarding whether you got through or not?
Reply 13
Hi, if you AC is at Gatwick does it inevitably mean that you will be placed there if you are successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending