The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been waiting for UCL to reply since November 3rd for neuroscience. All of my other choices have given me an offer already (KCL, Bristol, Nottingham, Cardiff), but UCL is my first choice - if they give me a conditional! :bebored:
Original post by JudahS
Essex
Goldsmiths
Nottingham Trent
Oxford Brookes
Winchester

Anyone? I sent mine off two days ago. Will it take months to hear back?

Update: Conditional recieved from nottingham trent after 3 days

I applied about a month ago (maybe slightly over) for politics, philosophy and economics at Goldsmiths and I haven't heard from them yet but heard from 3 other unis.
Original post by slothonist
Same! What course did you apply for?

At St Andrews I've applied for two courses, English as well as Comparative Literature and Classical Studies, and then at Edinburgh I've applied for English Literature and Classics.
Has anyone heard from Goldsmiths or Exeter for Politics, Philosophy and Economics?

My sister got an offer from Exeter last week for French, but PPE is quite a popular course so I knew it would tak a while. Just wondering if anyone else has any offers yet (especially for Goldsmiths)? I've heard from Royal Holloway, Leeds and Lancaster.
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Hopefully they'll reply to both of us on the same day :biggrin:
Nice, yeah I can imagine, the wait is quite painful...

I don't know yet, but either Sheffield or Cardiff would probably my first choice if they gave me an offer :smile: What about you?

I hope you hear from those two soon :biggrin: And I've no idea, I wish I had a top choice :/ I'd be happy going to any of my choices, just have to wait and see where else I get offers from before comparing and deciding!
Original post by megrostron
I got Liverpool and Birmingham offers within a week of sending my application, Bristol took a little longer and I'm still waiting for anything from imperial college London (and a rejection from Oxford hahaha I'm not bitter)

When did you apply and for what course? :smile:
Original post by radiohead97
I hope you hear from those two soon :biggrin: And I've no idea, I wish I had a top choice :/ I'd be happy going to any of my choices, just have to wait and see where else I get offers from before comparing and deciding!

I've applied for Criminology and Psychology at Bath Spa, I've had a quick look over the thread but can't find anything about the speed of this Uni sending out offers. Does anyone know? :smile:
Please and Thank you.
Original post by SoulFlower
I've applied for Criminology and Psychology at Bath Spa, I've had a quick look over the thread but can't find anything about the speed of this Uni sending out offers. Does anyone know? :smile:
Please and Thank you.

I applied for Education Studies on 2nd December I heard from Bath Spa on the 9th :smile: When did you sent yours?
Original post by Mollsmae
I applied for Education Studies on 2nd December I heard from Bath Spa on the 9th :smile: When did you sent yours?

Oh, that is quick. :smile: Well done to you (I'm assuming you got an offer :smile: )
I sent mine on the 13th.
I've applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Warwick, Southampton, and Sussex for various different Law courses involving German language studies :biggrin: I live in America so I have international qualifications and have yet to hear about anybody in a similar position as me :frown:
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are a non-Scots applicant applying to a Scottish Uni, just be aware that they tend to process/offer to Scottish applicants first. This may be why you are not getting fast responses - they are just holding your application until after the UCAS deadline before they make a decision.

I don't believe this to be true at all. I applied to Stirling in November and I had a reply within 24 hours, lower than the standard offer and I'm from the south east of england

Posted from TSR Mobile
sent off my application 5 weeks ago and got offers from Leeds, Newcastle, Essex and UWE.. still waiting on liverpool though!
Original post by Obstrepherous
Does anyone know how fast and slow these universities are:

Newcastle
Liverpool
Warwick
Leeds
Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago

Leeds took nearly a month for me and Newcastle just over 2 weeks
Original post by hollypitches
Has anyone heard from Goldsmiths or Exeter for Politics, Philosophy and Economics?

My sister got an offer from Exeter last week for French, but PPE is quite a popular course so I knew it would tak a while. Just wondering if anyone else has any offers yet (especially for Goldsmiths)? I've heard from Royal Holloway, Leeds and Lancaster.

How long did Lancaster take for you? I sent it off about 3 weeks ago, but it was during the Christmas break so understandably the real time is a bit shorter. Just a few days ago I got an email saying they are currently looking at my application - did you get that too and how long after did they reply?
Original post by Lawliettt
For law they don't normally reply until around March. I'm not sure about other courses

Thanks for your help
Warwick wrote in their automated email to me (following my application): We have received your application and look forward to reading through it in detail over the coming days.

Does this mean they will actually respond to the application within days?
Original post by vanillaboy
Warwick wrote in their automated email to me (following my application): We have received your application and look forward to reading through it in detail over the coming days.

Does this mean they will actually respond to the application within days?

Nope. It means they've received your application.

They might read your PS over the next few days, or more likely over the next few weeks, and then they might make you an offer or they might just put you on hold until they've compared you to all the other applicants. Or if you don't meet the entry requirement grades/subjects they could reject you straight away.

The email is designed to make it look like they've been anxiously awaiting your application and can hardly wait to read it. Its called marketing.
I sent my application in in October for History, got offers back from Sheffield, Birmingham and Southampton (in that order), within the first month. Still haven't heard anything from Bristol, though.
Reply 2079
Yeah I sent Nottingham, imperial, Dundee, Glasgow, Herriot watt last Monday
But no offers yet other than acknowledgements from all except imperial
Help

Latest

Trending

Trending