The Student Room Group

Why can't British children be patriotic like these Americans ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vietox
Here your typical "British" muslim.

Has a quote from the quran as his avatar, and "thanks" god they are not patriotic like americans are
Do you want this people to be patriotic??.

It's not even a quote, shows how educated you are mate :rofl:

Original post by vietox
You realise you are talking about 2 people lol, out of millions who support isis and alqaida, and would like to see the UK turning into a sharia country.

2 people? lmao actually look up on these things please. Btw how do you serve this country? and I do not see millions of british muslims blowing themselves up and supporting ISIS
Original post by luminarychild
No it isn't because you said that only a minuscule amount of muslims would want to fight for Britain? and I pointed out the numbers of the muslims who fought for britian which is far from little

Yes, it is. My point was "British Muslims are much less likely to join the forces than anyone else."

1. The '400,000' weren't even British Muslims, they were part of the British Indian Army and they weren't just fighting for Britain.
2. This was nearly 100 years ago.

and the 0.4% out of 4.4% does not mean that they are less likely out of loyalty they just follow their Asian/middle east culture and are pressured to go for more educated career choices?

Do you have any evidence to support this? Anecdotal evidence doesn't quite cut it for me.

yeah right lmao because more than 400,000 people joined ISIS from Britain

you are confused

more british muslims have gone to fight in syria than are in the british armed forces in 2015

which part of this do you dispute?
Original post by 4 pringles days
you are confused

more british muslims have gone to fight in syria than are in the british armed forces in 2015

which part of this do you dispute?

What about the history of british muslims and muslims fighting for Britiain?
Original post by HAnwar
Thank goodness they aren't.

Why not? It's important to support your country and show your love for it like these children are.
Original post by NickLCFC
Yes, it is. My point was "British Muslims are much less likely to join the forces than anyone else."

1. The '400,000' weren't even British Muslims, they were part of the British Indian Army and they weren't just fighting for Britain.

Do you have any evidence to support this? Anecdotal evidence doesn't quite cut it for me.

It doesn't really make sense to target Muslims for not wanting to fight in the British Army when the average Britcuck is too much of a coward to fight for anything.
What about the history of british muslims and muslims fighting for Britiain?

we can get onto that, but thats a separate issue to my initial point

do you accept that more british muslims have gone to fight in syria than are currently in the british armed forces?
Original post by BlueRedGreen
% of white brits in the army vs % of muslim brits in the army is a fair comparison and renders your point redundant
Muslims are less than 5% of the population.
Original post by NickLCFC

They were still muslims like it or not, and they were still fighting for Britain!

It was also a couple hundred years ago that Britiain destroyed India and many muslims after over throwing the mughal empire and leaving 30million indians to die. Yet they still fought for you many of which were msulims.

More ethnic minorites such as those of muslim backgrounds i.e Indian, Bengali and pakistani also black are getting into uni?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11987142/Ethnic-minorities-more-likely-to-go-to-university-than-white-working-class-British-children.html

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jan/27/black-asian-school-leavers-university-white-educational-underachievement-pupils

It's just culture which also happens to be associated to muslims as a majority are of these backgrounds.

But in all honesty I am a proud British muslim like many and I do not stand for terrorists,violence,racism etc
That video is ridiculous.

We don't act like that because the majority of us receive a better education. Go think on that.
Original post by SonOfTheGun
Muslims are less than 5% of the population.

are you failing to understand the comparison i proposed on purpose?

"% of muslim brits in the army" - aka what % of that 5%
I'm not patriotic so I wouldn't expect children to be
They were still muslims like it or not, and they were still fighting for Britain!

It was also a couple hundred years ago that Britiain destroyed India and many muslims after over throwing the mughal empire and leaving 30million indians to die. Yet they still fought for you many of which were msulims.

You keep going back on yourself. I accept that many Muslims fought in BOTH World Wars, but I can assure you they weren't just fighting for Britain (especially the Indians). Bare in mind this is all completely IRRELEVANT to my initial point.

More ethnic minorites such as those of muslim backgrounds i.e Indian, Bengali and pakistani also black are getting into uni?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-children.html

http://www.theguardian.com/education...evement-pupils

It's just culture which also happens to be associated to muslims as a majority are of these backgrounds.

But in all honesty I am a proud British muslim like many and I do not stand for terrorists,violence,racism etc

That's fair enough and there could be a correlation but I don't think it explains the HUGE disproportion of British Muslim in the armed forces compared to their total population %.
are you failing to understand the comparison i proposed on purpose?

"% of muslim brits in the army" - aka what % of that 5%

I see what you mean, but whatever.

The British Army fighting the Nazis were good, but I don't see why people think soldiers are so heroic tbh. Some Muslim businessman who pays hundreds of thousands of pounds in tax is doing more for this country than some guy who charges around the middle east with an assault rifle for 20k per year.
Why can't American schools be more safer like British schools? :smile:
I see what you mean, but whatever.

the point is that the average British muslim is much less likely to be in the army than the average Brit

The British Army fighting the Nazis were good, but I don't see why people think soldiers are so heroic tbh. Some Muslim businessman who pays hundreds of thousands of pounds in tax is doing more for this country than some guy who charges around the middle east with an assault rifle for 20k per year.
i think you omit to mention the numbers of muslims claiming benefits

look at statistics for a place like luton, for example, the comparisons of the proportions of each ethnic group claiming benefits is astounding.
Reply 56
Because it's disgusting brainwashing, it's sounds like something straight out of Nazi Germany.

i think you omit to mention the numbers of muslims claiming benefits

look at statistics for a place like luton, for example, the comparisons of the proportions of each ethnic group claiming benefits is astounding.

No comment lol :teehee:
According to Forbes, if Trump does succeed in becoming the 3rd most powerful person on Earth, only Vladimir Putin and Angela Merkel stand up to him.

Dear lord, save us all.

My bets are on Putin.
Americans are better than Eurocucks, because America oozes self-confidence whereas Europeans think that doubting themselves makes them superior

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts

Quick Reply

Latest