The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt 2016 Applicants - Ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hiya, was just wondering how offers are made in regards to Btec Extended Diplomas (19 Modules giving 180 credits, with a maximum Ucas of 420)? I'm on course to achieve D*DD and I am applying for Psychology and Psychology with Forensic science
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Have chemical engineering offers started to be given yet?? Some people have told me that because I'm from England I won't be as favoured as a Scottish student, is this true?
Hi, what is the typical offer for undergraduate economics and finance course? (2016/2017)
Reply 43
thanks for your help again, i received an unconditional offer, very happy!

Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Don't panic too much and hopefully we will be back to you soon.

:crossedf:Good luck:crossedf:

Keir
Original post by 12345larry97
Hi, what is the typical offer for undergraduate economics and finance course? (2016/2017)

Hi 12345larry97

It will really depend on what subjects you are taking, but to be considered for entry to first year of any of our Economics programmes you'll need the following grades:
A-Levels: BBB
Highers: AAAB
You'll also need a C in both English and Maths at GCSE or Int 2/Standard grade.

Our UG Admissions Team here in the School of Management and Languages would be happy to answer any queries you have - email [email protected] or give us a call on 0131 451 3284 if you want to chat things over with our Admissions Manager.

Hope this helps, :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me if Herriot Watt have started giving offers for Information Systems (Internet Systems) G501? I'm wishing upon an unconditional from Herriot Watt if i do it will be my firm!

I look forward to hearing from you!:smile:
I am so happy. Got my unconditional for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, last night at 8.30pm! Really was not expecting anything at that time of night so a really , really nice surprise. Heriot's was my first choice so very, very happy. Just for info I'm a Scottish student.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Applied for Information Systems (Internet Systems) awaiting an offer! I was wondering have they started looking at applications and delivering offers?

Thanks in adavance
Hey, I was just curious when the university starts to make and send offers out for BA Fashion Marketing and Retailing? I sent my application at the beginning of November and was just curious to know when people will start hearing about this course.

Many thanks,
Ben :smile:
Hi! I'm a French student applying for the Interpreting and Translating MSc, and I just realised that in my application, I uploaded a few documents twice. Does anybody know if that's a problem?
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by clockwork_orange
Hi! I'm a French student applying for the Interpreting and Translating MSc, and I just realised that in my application, I uploaded a few documents twice. Does anybody know if that's a problem?
Thanks! :smile:

Hi clockwork_orange

No worries ... we'll disregard the duplicate versions!

Thanks for letting us know :smile::smile:

Ali (on behalf of the Admissions Team, School of Management and Languages)
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi clockwork_orange

No worries ... we'll disregard the duplicate versions!

Thanks for letting us know :smile::smile:

Ali (on behalf of the Admissions Team, School of Management and Languages)

Ok, good! Thanks :smile:
Hello,
I have an offer of ABB for the Robotics course and have applied for second year entry. I was told that this comes with an offer of BBB for the first year (foundation year) as well and was wondering if this applied even if I put Heriot watt as my insurance?
Thank you
Original post by Hannah0710
Hello,
I have an offer of ABB for the Robotics course and have applied for second year entry. I was told that this comes with an offer of BBB for the first year (foundation year) as well and was wondering if this applied even if I put Heriot watt as my insurance?
Thank you

Hi Hannah,

Congrats on getting an offer! What level would you like to start in? If you wanted to start in first year then you can drop us an email and we can change it on your UCAS track. If you are wanting to start in second year presumably your UCAS track is showing this offer so you can accept it as your firm or insurance.

Its not the easiest systems, I know, but if you have any questions or if i can help at all just get in touch :smile:!

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 54
Greetings Sir/Madam

I am an S6 pupil from Westhill Academy, who has applied for MEng Chemical Engineering at your university. I was wondering how many applicants you accept for Chemical Engineering and also how many Engineering applicants you accept also. I am awaiting a response from Heriot Watt regarding their decision, but im being patient.

I am also curious if the university offers any sort of discounts on the accommodation.

Thank you.

Ola
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I was just wondering when the offers for the BEng in Chemical Engineering would start coming out?

And also, if I choose to come to HW, would it be possible to transfer to the MEng later on?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Hi, i want to apply for MSc Petroleum Geoscience at Heriot Watt. On the webpage stated that there is no official deadline for this program that the application will be accepted until the beginning of the term. I'm planning to apply as soon as possible, but i have some questions regarding the submission:

1. Is it too late for me to apply now? how likely is this class haven't full yet and still accepting student?

2. It stated that one of the requirement is a Financial Guarantee. I have received a financial support in form of full scholarship from Ministry of Finance, of National Government, to fund my graduate study with amount of living allowance is approximately GBP 1.000 and the amount of any educational fund including tuition fee will be given at cost throughout study period at Heriot-Watt. However, i need to get the letter of acceptance of the university first to get the Letter of Guarantee from the scholarship grantor. What should i do in this condition? is there any way for me to prove my financial status?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration, I look forward to hear from you.
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I have an offer for second year entry, I was just checking that if it was my insurance, and I missed my firm offer, would I be able to go into first year with BBB even though my offer was to go in at second year with ABB?

I was also wondering when Robotics offer holder day invites would be sent? I have been invited to an information evening but the email said that subject specific offer holder day invites would be sent shortly after receiving an offer. However, I received my offer several weeks ago and haven't been invited to an offer holder day and am eager to visit the department as I missed the open days.

Thank you for your time,
Hannah
Hi all,

Apologies about the missed messages over the Christmas break! The team have all been away and we missed a few questions. I will get back to all of them in turn today so there will be a few new posts on this thread throughout the day.

Again apologies for the delay and bear with us whilst we get back to everyone :smile:

Keir
Original post by shaunaskelton
Thank you! Do you know when they are giving offers out or if studying applied subjects leave me at a disadvantage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Shauna,

Apologies for the delay, you might have heard from us by now but I wanted to come back to you here too. I don't think you will be at a disadvantage, we look at all applications on merit. So your personal statement will be read and your teacher reference will also be important.

Cheers,
Keir

Quick Reply

Latest