The Student Room Group

Adios...

Well, it's over. I'm alone again. But I'm OK with that.

~~~

"I guess you need to experience these lows to appreciate the highs in life. I guess it's unfair to ask of them to stick around, just to make you happy. And I guess it's not just because things ended that you have to hate the memories.

"And the weird thing is that, you know all of this already. You don't need me or anyone else to tell you.

"Because you've always known, deep inside, that it will pass. These feelings will go away eventually. You were a perfectly happy human being before, and you will be again. In the future you know that he or she will move on and find someone else. And you'll do the same. You'll probably even be happy for each other.

"It's just that, right now, right here, in this moment... that sounds terrible."

~ Tim H, Reflective in Perspective

~~~

She broke my heart when she left, and I felt worse than I ever had before in my life. I spent hours on end curled up with tears on my face, avoiding contact with the outside world.

But I know now that it wasn't perfect. I was too blinded by infatuation to see the truth that she wasn't ever really interested. So it's over now. She's 11600 miles away and I won't have to worry about running into her again, despite that distance being the source of my pain.

Now? I'm moving on. I made this thread just to give myself a sense of closure really.

And I'm free again.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

These are actually really good words for anyone suffering the after effects of a breakup. You're approaching it best you can you're doing well :h:
Bravo buddy. You'll be fine :smile:
:console: that's rough. I've been through something similar and come out on the other side.

But I agree with Little Popcorns.
ok
Ur handling it in a mature way, good on u m8 :-)
Stuffing ice-cream in your mouth always helps :redface:
Good on you :smile:
Ouch! You deserve some Ben and Jerry's :hugs:
It's very painful when they move away and leave.
Original post by DedicatedWizard

I'd strongly recommend the peanut butter cup variety :ahee:
Reply 11
Original post by DedicatedWizard

Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
I'd strongly recommend the peanut butter cup variety :ahee:

Eww... it's all about the Phish Food bruh :sogood:

Went to Vermont a couple years ago and saw the original factory, and discovered the ultimate flavour - Half Baked. Then received a massive kick in the nuts when I discovered it isn't available in the UK :cry2:
:hugs:
The best feeling is when you're properly over it. Look forward to that day, it's so liberating!
Reply 14
I guess you do believe that you are capable of moving on, and that alone is a great achievement many people may envy you on. Bien cocido (well done). Welcome to the single life. :beer:
Reply 15
Original post by Alexion

Went to Vermont a couple years ago and saw the original factory, and discovered the ultimate flavour - Half Baked. Then received a massive kick in the nuts when I discovered it isn't available in the UK :cry2:

Err... Half Baked is available in the UK.

Try Asda or Morrisons! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by m_james
Err... Half Baked is available in the UK.

Try Asda or Morrisons! :smile:

OHMYGOD YOU JUST MADE MY DAY :woo:
Original post by Alexion

Here's what you're going to do. You're going to pop down to your local Tesco, you're going to pick up a few tubs of peanut butter cup Ben & Jerry's and you will learn to LOVE it.

I've never tried Phish Food, it seemed a bit plain when I read the description on the box. Half Baked eh, hmmm...

Anyway, stay strong with this break up situation. You posted a photo of the two of you recently and you seemed very happy, I'm surprised by this recent turn of events.

Also, it's brah, not bruh.
Reply 18
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
Here's what you're going to do. You're going to pop down to your local Tesco, you're going to pick up a few tubs of peanut butter cup Ben & Jerry's and you will learn to LOVE it.

I've never tried Phish Food, it seemed a bit plain when I read the description in the box. Half Baked eh, hmmm...

Anyway, stay strong with this break up situation. You posted a photo of the two of you recently and you seemed very happy, I'm surprised by this recent turn of events.

Also, it's brah, not bruh.

I am not going to go within 50 feet of anything peanut butter... the flavour is literally my worst nightmare :lol: I'm all about packing as much chocolate and/or cookie dough into my ice cream as possible.

I thought we were pretty happy - together we were, but she went through enough bad stuff when we weren't that it wasn't worth it for her. She's found happiness on the other side of the world, and I don't want to get in the way of that. Surprised me too...

Thanks brah.
Original post by Alexion
I am not going to go within 50 feet of anything peanut butter... the flavour is literally my worst nightmare :lol: I'm all about packing as much chocolate and/or cookie dough into my ice cream as possible.

I thought we were pretty happy - together we were, but she went through enough bad stuff when we weren't that it wasn't worth it for her. She's found happiness on the other side of the world, and I don't want to get in the way of that. Surprised me too...

Thanks brah.

What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending