The Student Room Group

A level advice urgent

Am currently finishing my igcse exams and l seriously want to take A level exams on may.Am considering to take bio chem phy. My question is regarding if I could TAKE the exam on may. any relevant advice plzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

hello frnd!!!!!!! i rec u finish gcses.. Then do A level exams on next may?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
[QUOTE="flippantri;62049149"]hello frnd!!!!!!! i rec u finish gcses.. Then do A level exams on next may?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
AM nearly finished got 1 week left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 3
[QUOTE="nextmessi;62049257"]
Original post by flippantri
hello frnd!!!!!!! i rec u finish gcses.. Then do A level exams on next may?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
AM nearly finished got 1 week left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is 4 months not enough?
[QUOTE="nextmessi;62049293"]
Original post by nextmessi

is 4 months not enough?

No, thats no where near enough time!
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Laurenafenete;62049319"]

No, thats no where near enough time!

even if i revise 7 hours a day?
Reply 6
[QUOTE="nextmessi;62049293"]

is 4 months not enough?

I thought this before I started my a levels properly, do NOT attempt it in 4 months you'll just get disappointed and demotivated. Doing the whole year is hard work as it is! You may be a straight A* student but you never know how you'll handle it.
4 months is no where near enough time, they're a lot tougher than GCSEs.
Reply 8
[QUOTE="nextmessi;62049409"]
Original post by Laurenafenete

That's a pretty strict target, you need to find a balance however if you do it this year and if it doesn't work out and you are aiming for something like med at uni, they won't accept resits
[QUOTE="nextmessi;62049409"]
Original post by Laurenafenete

Ahahaha, that is a very funny joke.
Reply 10
[QUOTE="Laurenafenete;62049851"]

Ahahaha, that is a very funny joke.

thats not a joke its serious so is possible if i actually revise 7 hours a day
lol it aint possible
Reply 12
Original post by lisboonpop
lol it aint possible

nothing is impossible lol
hahahaha 4 months is nowhere near enough time to learn all and still get good grades in A level. Please don't deceive yourself.
Finish your gcse's then do A levels afterwards.

I do biology, chemistry and geography A level.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by tcameron
hahahaha 4 months is nowhere near enough time to learn all and still get good grades in A level. Please don't deceive yourself.
Finish your gcse's then do A levels afterwards.

totally appreciate your advice am finishing my exam this month and am going to do 7 hour solid revision at home with a tutor and ill see if am capable by april .
totally appreciate your advice am finishing my exam this month and am going to do 7 hour solid revision at home with a tutor and ill see if am capable by april .

I seriously wouldn't recommend it. Chemistry A level is verrrry difficult, much much more than gcse - this is coming from someone who got A* at gcse and am aiming for an A* at a level.
I don't see what benefit doing a levels early is anyways.
Reply 16
I seriously wouldn't recommend it. Chemistry A level is verrrry difficult, much much more than gcse - this is coming from someone who got A* at gcse and am aiming for an A* at a level.
I don't see what benefit doing a levels early is anyways.

is it the same for biology going to increse my hours and hopefully ill get there
is it the same for biology going to increse my hours and hopefully ill get there

Yeah biology even more hours than chemistry as there is so much content to learn.
Do what you want but it's probably unachievable
Reply 18
Yeah biology even more hours than chemistry as there is so much content to learn.

i understand is quite hard but i heard that igcse is more close to alevels than gcse so am going to give IT 100 per cent and ill revise as hard as i can going to buy cgp an revise everything and do as much past papers as possible thats what matters besides following the footsteps of my friend he did the same and got two A and a B WHICH IS IMPRESSIVE

Quick Reply

Latest