The Student Room Group

Do you count sexual abuse as a sexual partner?

I just read a thread where a lady added a situation of rape as a sexual encounter. I have always been conflicted about this myself. I always acknowledge that I am not a virgin. I had encounters with older men when I was 12-14. Outside of that I've never been with a guy well at least had sex. I don't count either of them as sexual partners even though I originally did. My question is that really the appropriate term to consider those someone who raped/sexually assaulted you as a sexual partner despite the fact that there was no consent/
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey,

Sorry I don't really understand your question. :s-smilie:

Are you asking whether a sexual partner can sexually abuse you? If so, yes I do.
Reply 2
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hey,

Sorry I don't really understand your question. :s-smilie:

Are you asking whether a sexual partner can sexually abuse you? If so, yes I do.

No there was this thread about sexual partners or whatever and she included her rapist. I have always said like that I'm not a virgin and I bascially say that mainly due to sexual abuse but it wasn't like rape or anything. Just like I was kind of young. I still consider that when I lost my virginity with a guy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nicolas2000
I just read a thread where a lady added a situation of rape as a sexual encounter. I always thought that was the incorrect thing to do.

If you go back to my original thread I said 'partners' with quotation marks for this reason. I have had sex with 3 people of them consensual and one without my consent, which unfortunately still means I have had sexual intercourse with 4 people.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If you go back to my original thread I said 'partners' with quotation marks for this reason. I have had sex with 3 people of them consensual and one without my consent, which unfortunately still means I have had sexual intercourse with 4 people.

Oh ok that's kind of how I've felt due to being more technical than anything thanks for clarifying.
I lost my virginity as a result of rape. I don't see the point in pretending that I'm still a virgin, because the fact is I'm not; I have had sex. However, I wouldn't count it if I was counting sexual partners.
No, as it wasnt a sexual encounter it was an attack. I dont personally count mine anyway but each to their own.
Reply 7
No there was this thread about sexual partners or whatever and she included her rapist. I have always said like that I'm not a virgin and I bascially say that mainly due to sexual abuse but it wasn't like rape or anything. Just like I was kind of young. I still consider that when I lost my virginity with a guy.

oh yeah I remember that thread!
she was listing the people she'd been with and whether you'd call her a slut (i think maybe i'm merging too threads together)
and she listed her rapist as one of the people she's had sexual relationships with

i remember that cos it made me cringe X'D idk why she thinks it counts as a sexual relationship 0_0
What difference does it make? Count it or not, as you wish.

I really can't see anything that could be learned from this debate. It's just a question of definition, which is ultimately whatever you want it to be.
Yes they're a sexual encounter/partner.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I lost my virginity as a result of rape. I don't see the point in pretending that I'm still a virgin, because the fact is I'm not; I have had sex. However, I wouldn't count it if I was counting sexual partners.

Yeah to me losing virginity is more a fact than anything also For me Ive always been conflicted because I was just super young at the time I did see him as someone as a sexual partner. Nowadays not so much though.
Yeah to me losing virginity is more a fact than anything also For me Ive always been conflicted because I was just super young at the time I did see him as someone as a sexual partner. Nowadays not so much though.

I think the term 'partner' implies consent. If they rape you, they cannot be your partner.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I think the term 'partner' implies consent. If they rape you, they cannot be your partner.

Yeah at the times I was 12-14 with two different guys that were a lot older in their 30's and 40's. I didn't think I was being raped. I kind of feel like it was now a few years later though. I saw them as sexual partners back then. Not currently though.
Original post by z33
oh yeah I remember that thread!
she was listing the people she'd been with and whether you'd call her a slut (i think maybe i'm merging too threads together)
and she listed her rapist as one of the people she's had sexual relationships with

i remember that cos it made me cringe X'D idk why she thinks it counts as a sexual relationship 0_0

no that was only one thread.
Reply 14
Sexual encounter yes , sexual partner no lol wtf.

To be honest your question doesn't make sense.
Original post by Mancini
Sexual encounter yes , sexual partner no lol wtf.

To be honest your question doesn't make sense.

yeah I never had the chance to edit it didn't have the time.

And I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending