The Student Room Group

Go to Russia?....Not even once

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Das Ich Man
If I was thinking of the children it would have been pretty sick tbh, It's ok I think the grass was too long to see? It's not exactly what you think it is anyway :tongue:

smh not like that X'DDDD

I hope not!!! :tongue:
Original post by Zargabaath
Putin is a messenger of @EbolaChrist

This is getting very weird, very quickly.
Russia's always been like that, even before Putin. A lot of the Eastern Bloc haven't really progressed with the rest of Europe when it comes to LGBT rights.

As someone from Eastern Europe; I can say it's because of our (well, I speak for the Balkans) culture. Everyone is homophobic, and it ties into religion most of the time. When you're surrounded by people who have the same mentality, there's not much opposition. :frown:
Anyway, this is on my Bucket List now.

Grow a very long Islamic looking beard and then Walk through a very racist/ homophobic area of the world while holding hands with a black guy.
Original post by flippantri
As someone from Eastern Europe; I can say it's because of our (well, I speak for the Balkans) culture. Everyone is homophobic, and it ties into religion most of the time. When you're surrounded by people who have the same mentality, there's not much opposition. :frown:

Would you say that it's getting better, or is it the same as it's always been?
At least Russians try to do something about degeneracy unlike Europe who accept everyone and are ready to suck cocks of homos, trannies, immigrants etc. you name it.
Original post by xxAminah
Same thing if a Muslim woman wearing a head scarf walked through the streets of America. Is that going to stop you from going to America

That's a very lousy comparison. Americans are way less discriminatory to Muslim women then Russians are to the LGBT community lol.
Would you say that it's getting better, or is it the same as it's always been?

Whilst I can only speak for Kosovo, I'm pretty sure the other Balkan countries are the same, if not better. It's getting better, as the countries develop and begin to take ideas from western culture (this includes us first gen kids bringing back the idea of tolerance home). Also, social media has helped a lot, as the younger generations are exposed to these issues, and grow tolerant. However, homophobia is still a massive issue in Eastern Europe, amongst other things.
Original post by flippantri
Whilst I can only speak for Kosovo, I'm pretty sure the other Balkan countries are the same, if not better. It's getting better, as the countries develop and begin to take ideas from western culture (this includes us first gen kids bringing back the idea of tolerance home). Also, social media has helped a lot, as the younger generations are exposed to these issues, and grow tolerant. However, homophobia is still a massive issue in Eastern Europe, amongst other things.

That's good to hear, while it's not going to change overnight maybe in the next generation or so we'll start to see the tolerance we have over here
Reply 29
Original post by xxAminah
Same thing if a Muslim woman wearing a head scarf walked through the streets of America. Is that going to stop you from going to America

No that wouldnt happen in the US, not in a city......maybe perhaps in like some hillbilly town in the south with a population of like 1,000 people where everyone is cousins with each other
Reply 30
Original post by Ed's Balls
Pretty sure filming for several hours then only keeping the "bad" parts will give the same result anywhere.

lol mate if you didnt get the memo, just to break it down for you, the point is that there shouldnt be any bad parts
Go to Ukraine. Much better there...

Not.
he really is
he is super adorable :*
I love Russia.
Original post by Blondie987
Yeah

Mkay , soon you'll be bi :colone:
Christ, I've been on this forum for a day and all I've seen are run of the mill bait topics you'd normally find on 4chan. Why isn't there an option to downvote this stuff into oblivion?
I would absolutely love to go to Russia if it weren't for the homophobia, I would be way too scared to enjoy myself

I visited Russia in the summer of 2014 and during my time in the cities, (Moscow and St. Petersburgh) it seemed modern, but out in the rural areas, it seemed so primitive.
I would absolutely love to go to Russia if it weren't for the homophobia, I would be way too scared to enjoy myself

Lame reason for not going. If LGBT students can do their year abroad in Russia without being attacked I'm sure you could handle a week. If you really are that worried then don't go to Moscow - most of the nice parts of Russia are outside the big cities anyway.
Reply 38
Original post by Zweihander

No wonder nobody likes Russia

Oh please :rolleyes:

You're just as stupid as those ignorant people to say something like this.
Reply 39
Original post by Ananaz
Oh please :rolleyes:

You're just as stupid as those ignorant people to say something like this.

Do you even know what the words "numerous countries adhering to trade sanctions against Russia" mean?

Quick Reply

Latest