The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 4Skin
How can you tell who is who? Is it different coloured jewels in your turbans or something?

lay down and rot
Original post by 4Skin
How can you tell who is who? Is it different coloured jewels in your turbans or something?

:rofl:

Actually, it's the number of folds in the saris.
Original post by Indeterminate
Lol, why not?

People everywhere are essentially the same. These kinds of things make no difference to me! :biggrin:

Are you Indian, Pakistani or Bengali?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by BrokenLife
Is he the one you are currently crushing on?

Meh my one is an Indian but I don't think he's into me:colonhash:

You sure he's not into you though?? Like have you told him you like him?
Yeah, it is the one I'm crushing on :blushing: He doesn't seem to be into me either, but I'm still going to carry on dreaming about marrying him. :lol: Indian guys are lovely. Parents wouldn't like the idea of me with an Indian guy, because Pak Indian rivalry init, so I wouldn't even think about it. Your parents are probably okay with it, if he's a Muslim?
Original post by nucdev
The traditional rivalry thingy and the typical "log kya kahenge".
They would be cool with it though.

Haha your parents are cool, mamu. I can never marry a Hindu/Sikh Indian guy or main tou gayi kaam se. :biggrin:

Original post by TSRian123454321
Me neither. Probably just the culture, which clearly hasn't changed for a long time.

Yeah that's true.
Original post by nucdev
Wouldn't mind as long as I'm not asked to convert.
Family wouldn't mind either, but they would have a good chuckle if I married a Pakistani girl :biggrin:

If you have kids one of you will have to and doing the Nikkah.
A Muslim girl has to marry a Muslim.
A Muslim man however can marry a Christian and Jewish woman.
Original post by Am in TSR
Are you Indian, Pakistani or Bengali?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indian :h:
Original post by arfah
Yeah, it is the one I'm crushing on :blushing: He doesn't seem to be into me either, but I'm still going to carry on dreaming about marrying him. :lol: Indian guys are lovely. Parents wouldn't like the idea of me with an Indian guy, because Pak Indian rivalry init, so I wouldn't even think about it. Your parents are probably okay with it, if he's a Muslim?

Well, he completely ignores me now and then. Especially around others. Leave him. he's a khota.:colonhash: I still like that khota though.:colonhash:

Aww that's shooo ceewwt!! :biggrin:

My parents would never let me marry a Hindu/Sikh Indian guy which such a shame cos I love them. However, if I find one that I click with, I couldn't care less of his religion or my parents etc.
Original post by arfah

Aw lol that's so sweet.

Cyooooooooooooot
Original post by tg0896
I think it's fair to say that these three backgrounds are fairly similar with subtle differences. These differences may be the language and religion.

However, seeing as they all were one at one point in history, there are common traits that all these backgrounds have.

Say if you were Indian, would you ever consider marrying a Pakistani or Bengali? (And vice versa).

What would your family think?

If your answer is no, why?

I'm genuinely curious about this.

I myself would not mind and neither would my fam
Original post by Anonymous
No, I'm Indian and generally attracted to white guys but like Indian guys too. Parents would not approve at all of marrying a Bengali or Pakistani person, they'd sooner I'd marry a white guy.

Same here loool.
I wouldn't mind, just has to be Muslim. :thumbsup:
Original post by Zeeiqbal
I myself would not mind and neither would my fam

Are you Muslim?
Original post by rajneetk
Are you Muslim?

Yeah I am a muslim and as long as the opposite person is a muslim it really does matter about their ethnicity..
'desi' parents be bigoted and oppressive af

ew
Reply 35
I am an Indian who was born in South India(Kerala), i live in the Uk now but my parents will still not let me marry anyone else other than a girl with a similar background to me due to religions and cultural reasons.
Original post by Zeeiqbal
Yeah I am a muslim and as long as the opposite person is a muslim it really does matter about their ethnicity..

Ok I get you now :biggrin: lol
Ok I get you now :biggrin: lol

:biggrin:
Original post by TSRian123454321
:rofl:

Actually, it's the number of folds in the saris.

Lool omg..:biggrin:
Can you really tell that way?
Reply 39
Lool omg..:biggrin:
Can you really tell that way?

You can tell if a girl is Gujarati by the way she does her saree.
LMAO