The Student Room Group

What is the most homophobic/ racist place in England or the world? *please read disc*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot700
Doesn't Birmingham have a lot of asians?

I'm talking about places that would hate asians, blacks and homo sexuality.
Me and my bud want to inject a transgender element into it but dunno how.

I live in Birmingham (I go to uni there). I've literally had no problems in the town centre or where I live (Selly Oak) or most parts of B'ham. There are really rough bits but if you avoid them you're grand. And yeah there are a lot of Asians in certain parts (Sparkhill and Handsworth in particular).
Original post by abruiseonthesky
I live in Birmingham (I go to uni there). I've literally had no problems in the town centre or where I live (Selly Oak) or most parts of B'ham. There are really rough bits but if you avoid them you're grand. And yeah there are a lot of Asians in certain parts (Sparkhill and Handsworth in particular).

Tbh, we would be grand if we go to those rough points, that's the whole point.
Original post by ruby420
Uganda.

eat da poo poo

You're dead right, there's A LOT of homophobia in africa, there's been a few documentaries by the BBC in particular about it.
Oh man, Looks like we were thinking about places where we would get hated on for holding hands AND get hated on for our ethnic appearance.

looks like it has to be one or the other.
Reply 24

But does anyone know the best place to do this?

Tower Hamlets.

Perhaps it will open your eyes.
Original post by Josb
Tower Hamlets.

Perhaps it will open your eyes.

Nope. I'm going for an apprentice around there. Open my eyes, what?
Original post by ruby420
a mans aanos is a licked like ice cream

Poo poo all over da face.
Reply 27

you'll get some looks in Brum but nothing more
For racism, TSR. I'd consider the map posted earlier for homophobia.
NE Eng particularly Boro.

On the border of southern and northern Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ekno
you'll get some looks in Brum but nothing more

You mean like...

Reply 32
Why do you want abuse hurled at you?
So after seeing a video in russia of homosexuals getting treated like poo, I spoke to my black friend

Stopped reading after this blatant racism.

Try harder troll
Original post by Das Ich Man
Stopped reading after this blatant racism.

Try harder troll

Ffs, XD
Tbh, we would be grand if we go to those rough points, that's the whole point.

Nah some of the rough areas are predominantly white, some predominantly Asian.
Original post by cbreef
What are you talking about?

LOL Hats off to whoever did this. But in all seriousness, @Longshot700 this should help you.

Slightly off topic sorry but do you have a link to where you found that? I'd like to see a more complete list of the numbers out of interest.

Oh and I'm completely out as a lesbian and live in a rougher part of Birmingham and I've never dealt with anything worse than a few comments, although I don't fit the stereotype appearance-wise so you actually have to somewhat know me to be aware of my sexuality. I don't think it's fair to just assume that more Muslims equals more homophobia, especially if they're adapted to living in a Western country like most here. I've known Muslims who were really accepting of me, and Christians and Atheists who were homophobic. Jamaica is sometimes called the most homophobic country in the world and most people there are Christians
Original post by Marina_x
Slightly off topic sorry but do you have a link to where you found that? I'd like to see a more complete list of the numbers out of interest.

Oh and I'm completely out as a lesbian and live in a rougher part of Birmingham and I've never dealt with anything worse than a few comments, although I don't fit the stereotype appearance-wise so you actually have to somewhat know me to be aware of my sexuality. I don't think it's fair to just assume that more Muslims equals more homophobia, especially if they're adapted to living in a Western country like most here. I've known Muslims who were really accepting of me, and Christians and Atheists who were homophobic. Jamaica is sometimes called the most homophobic country in the world and most people there are Christians

Hold on ill find it
Just need to hear where in the UK it is bad.

What do you want? verbal abuse, broken body parts or instant but cruel death???

Try Nigeria, you two would be mobbed, slapped, kicked...
Jamaica, your legs might be broken...
Uganda... Get a one way ticket cos you might not survive.
You should fly to Russia . Lots of people think Putin is such a narrow-minded leader. But... I don't think he is that narrow-minded.

1453017881157.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending