The Student Room Group

Girlfriend with heart problems

I've been dating this girl for a while now, and I really like her, she's amazing and I can see a future with her, however shortly after we started dating she told me she had heart problems. She hasn't specifically told me what it is, but she said her heart is weak and will eventually give up, and that doctors have said that she wont make it to 40. Neither of us like to talk about it, so I don't know too much about it, apparently she was an ill child, her family had a cat for years without realising she was very allergic, she seems to hurt herself easily, and she often has several pains for different reasons, and is often tired and goes to bed early, however she does lead a very busy lifestyle and it could be partly down to that. I'm not sure what I expect to come from posting this, it just gets to me sometimes, and I find myself noticing her cold hands and wondering about her circulation. The few times we have talked about it before she has said that she was in a bad place when she said she wouldn't live until 40, and that now she wont let it happen, but it's hard to tell how possible that is, and how much is just wishful thinking.
Reply 1
Doctors aren't always right. The more she worries about it the more stressed she gets. I heard a story about a guy with a tumour and the doctors told him he had like 3 months to live or smt but he lived for 30 more years bc he refused to believe he had the tumour. I lknow its not the exact same thing idk, I guess I'm trying to say live your life with no worries and you'll have a long and happy one.
Original post by kabbage
Doctors aren't always right. The more she worries about it the more stressed she gets. I heard a story about a guy with a tumour and the doctors told him he had like 3 months to live or smt but he lived for 30 more years bc he refused to believe he had the tumour. I lknow its not the exact same thing idk, I guess I'm trying to say live your life with no worries and you'll have a long and happy one.

wth LOL
Original post by kabbage

This did not happen.
Depends what it is, if its a weak heart then heart transplant? Possible trials with stem cells my result in a future cure. However, I wouldn't bring this up or get too involved as its probably getting a bit deep in and wouldn't help until something is offered, if it ever is as a solution. Maybe she might have something like hemophilia or similar. Will also depend on her age, in her early twenties now? and what might come over time. She said she's been told she's unlikely to make it to 40, what about thirties? If nothing can be done at them moment just a case of living life in the here and now I guess.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this girl for a while now, and I really like her, she's amazing and I can see a future with her, however shortly after we started dating she told me she had heart problems. She hasn't specifically told me what it is, but she said her heart is weak and will eventually give up, and that doctors have said that she wont make it to 40. Neither of us like to talk about it, so I don't know too much about it, apparently she was an ill child, her family had a cat for years without realising she was very allergic, she seems to hurt herself easily, and she often has several pains for different reasons, and is often tired and goes to bed early, however she does lead a very busy lifestyle and it could be partly down to that. I'm not sure what I expect to come from posting this, it just gets to me sometimes, and I find myself noticing her cold hands and wondering about her circulation. The few times we have talked about it before she has said that she was in a bad place when she said she wouldn't live until 40, and that now she wont let it happen, but it's hard to tell how possible that is, and how much is just wishful thinking.

how does this affect you OP? you have just described her problems and said very little about how this affects you. you have obviously come on the student room and posted a long message as you want to talk about things.

if you dont feel like sharing things openly, feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by heineken
This did not happen.

Alright there you lil pessimist calm the filp down. It did it was in a book I read somewhere about the psychological impact from doctors on health
Original post by kabbage
Alright there you lil pessimist calm the filp down. It did it was in a book I read somewhere about the psychological impact from doctors on health

And butterflies are the angels of god :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by heineken
And butterflies are the angels of god :redface:

Always good to keep an open mind when it comes to butterflies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending