The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Religious Studies AS/A2: 6RS01, 6RS02, 6RS03, 6RS04 May/June 2016

Hi everybody!

I have made this thread open to anybody following the edexcel specification for both AS and A2 level RS (Philosophy, Ethics and Religion). Hopefully we will be able to share and help each other with notes, essays, exams or anything else related to the subject.

Past Papers: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/religious-studies-2008.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials

Specification: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Religious%20Studies/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035249_GCE_Lin_RelStud_Issue_3.pdf

Exams:
Foundations Unit 1 (6RS01): 19th May 2016 AM 1hr 45
Investigations Unit 2 (6RS02): 27th May 2016 AM 1hr 15

Developments Unit 3 (6RS03): 15th June 2016 AM 1hr 45
Implications Unit 4 (6RS04): 21st June 2016 PM 1hr 15

Good luck to all! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'm so thankful that you've made this thread! I really need someone to help me figure out this implications exam. :eek:

So far, all I've looked at is A.J. Ayer's 'God-Talk is Evidently Nonsense'. Do we have to memorize it? Or just understand it? I'm sure my teacher will explain it to me properly once we've finished developments, but being in the dark about it is stressing me out :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by zoeelizabeth
I'm so thankful that you've made this thread! I really need someone to help me figure out this implications exam. :eek:

So far, all I've looked at is A.J. Ayer's 'God-Talk is Evidently Nonsense'. Do we have to memorize it? Or just understand it? I'm sure my teacher will explain it to me properly once we've finished developments, but being in the dark about it is stressing me out :frown:

Hey! Sorry i wish i could help but im only AS:frown:

Hopefully this thread will get more active and someone will be able to help, i noticed from previous years there is almost never a edexcel thread for A level RS!

How did AS RS go for you?
Reply 3
Hi guys, I'm an AS student:smile:
Original post by hpiercey3
Hey! Sorry i wish i could help but im only AS:frown:

Hopefully this thread will get more active and someone will be able to help, i noticed from previous years there is almost never a edexcel thread for A level RS!

How did AS RS go for you?

Hopefully someone will appear who can help me :wink:

I didn't do very well in my AS unfortunately, I got a B in Foundations and a U in my Investigation so I have to resit this year :frown: All I can say is revise, revise, revise, and do a TON of exam practice!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Can anyone help? Our teacher hasn't really explained what we are supposed to include in our conclusion of our essay on medical ethics. We've been told to evaluate the arguments but I'm not sure how you're supposed to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Can anybody help me with the utilitarianism essay? I have written and answered a test at school under timed conditions, but my teacher marked it and i got a really low mark - he said it was over complicated?

Is their any good exemplar essays i should be looking at, or points to use? I dont know what happen, my religion and morality test went so well in comparison
Reply 7
Original post by zoeelizabeth

I don't mind explaining it in depth, If you PM me. I'd be happy to help
Reply 8
Can anybody help me with the utilitarianism essay? I have written and answered a test at school under timed conditions, but my teacher marked it and i got a really low mark - he said it was over complicated?

Is their any good exemplar essays i should be looking at, or points to use? I dont know what happen, my religion and morality test went so well in comparison

I've got some old AS essays I could take a picture of and send you?
Reply 9
Original post by K W
I've got some old AS essays I could take a picture of and send you?

Hi! That would be amazing if you didn't mind doing that? I found religion and morality really easy, but for some reason i went wrong on UT - your essay would be a nice comparison:smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please help in my Religion and Morality essay? I joined the course 5 weeks late and I missed a lot and my teacher just set me an essay without even helping me catch up and all I have is the textbook and Robert Bowie's Ethical Studies, is that enough? Also I didn't start writing essays until A Levels (I moved here 6 months ago from Dubai and I studied in an Indian school so we didn't have essays and coursework). And I have no idea how to do the Investigation for Ethics either.
Hi guys, does anyone have access to the 2015 paper? -I need it for revision :wings:
Reply 12
Hi! That would be amazing if you didn't mind doing that? I found religion and morality really easy, but for some reason i went wrong on UT - your essay would be a nice comparison:smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have mine from last year. Not sure what mark I got but think it might have been an A. I've attached it.
Reply 13
Original post by rilkat
I have mine from last year. Not sure what mark I got but think it might have been an A. I've attached it.

Thank you very much - that is so detailed!! No doubt is that an A, and will be useful for my re-draft too. I don't understand why I struggled on UT, especially considering evil and suffering/R+M were perfectly fine.

Strange!
Reply 14
So how did everyone's mocks go??
Reply 15
Thank you very much - that is so detailed!! No doubt is that an A, and will be useful for my re-draft too. I don't understand why I struggled on UT, especially considering evil and suffering/R+M were perfectly fine.

Strange!

no problem :smile: hope it helps!
hi everyone, I'm re-sitting the investigations paper this year, and I'm doing the religious experience question. does anyone have any examples I could use for revision?
Hi guys, I'm doing AS this year and I'm aiming for an A, although I haven't been doing that well in timed essays yet!

My mocks are the week after February half term, do any of the people who've sat the AS exams already have any tips on how to fit an essay into 35 minutes? Or how many paragraphs an essay needs to be? I find it so hard to write what I want to. And also does anyone have any tips for how to revise? The units are so huge that I just don't know where to start.
Original post by Steliata
Hi guys, I'm doing AS this year and I'm aiming for an A, although I haven't been doing that well in timed essays yet!

My mocks are the week after February half term, do any of the people who've sat the AS exams already have any tips on how to fit an essay into 35 minutes? Or how many paragraphs an essay needs to be? I find it so hard to write what I want to. And also does anyone have any tips for how to revise? The units are so huge that I just don't know where to start.

I'm struggling in a similar way - timed essays have made me realise how poor I actually perform.
Original post by Chaz W
I'm struggling in a similar way - timed essays have made me realise how poor I actually perform.

The worst thing is that I did RS last year and that required a similar amount of writing in less time, and I could do that. But looking back and trying to see what I did to get that far, it turns out I just reduced the number of points I included and you can't really do that at A level :frown:

Quick Reply