The Student Room Group

Computing GCSE

Hi,
Does anyone have any tips regarding how to do well in this subject? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure about computing, but I assume it's the same as or similar to computer science. If it is, PRACTICE. Programming-wise practice at home, find projects etc. Theory-wise, read on the internet, make mind maps and do past papers. If computing is not the same as computer science then I just wasted a load of effort!! :smile:
Reply 2
> do outside research on your coursework. It will help develop your understanding better.

> do as many past papers you can. (Though if you're doing OCR, watch out for the 2011 papers mark scheme)

> practise algrothim questions as much as you can. (Often the last question on papers)

> know your definitions!

> recommend this website to use. http://www.cambridgegcsecomputing.org

> understand all the concepts within computing and how it can be applied to different situations.

> use this website if you need help with some coding http://stackoverflow.com

I hope this helps :h:
Original post by sadiadventures
Hi,
Does anyone have any tips regarding how to do well in this subject? :smile:

if u r currently doing computing then i can help u out as i have digital notes which i don't mind share them! :smile:
Original post by Hawkeye508
I'm not sure about computing, but I assume it's the same as or similar to computer science. If it is, PRACTICE. Programming-wise practice at home, find projects etc. Theory-wise, read on the internet, make mind maps and do past papers. If computing is not the same as computer science then I just wasted a load of effort!! :smile:

Hi there, thanks for your response. Yes, Computing is the same as Computer Science- 'Computing' is just quicker to say/type.
:smile:
Original post by fatima1998
if u r currently doing computing then i can help u out as i have digital notes which i don't mind share them! :smile:

Yes please! If you're in Year 10 or 11, I don't mind sharing some notes from other subjects with you
Yes please! If you're in Year 10 or 11, I don't mind sharing some notes from other subjects with you

LOL!!! :biggrin:
i am in year 12 :smile:
i still have all the notes and coursework, all the hard work i have done in my GCSEs saved and secured :u:
i still have all the notes and coursework, all the hard work i have done in my GCSEs saved and secured :u:

would it be possible for you to also send these to me? :smile:
at the moment, i struggle slightly with the theory
Original post by surina16
would it be possible for you to also send these to me? :smile:
at the moment, i struggle slightly with the theory

aha... r u doing OCR computing because i did ocr
aha... r u doing OCR computing because i did ocr

yeah, OCR :biggrin:
Original post by surina16
yeah, OCR :biggrin:

okay doke :smile:
i'll send u the link in pm

What do the notes contain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there, thanks for your response. Yes, Computing is the same as Computer Science- 'Computing' is just quicker to say/type.
:smile:

**You can just write CompSci so people don't get it confused with Computing.
Original post by Chittesh14
What do the notes contain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ermmm... they r based on powerpoints: definitions, short notes and long notes too which are in much more detail and its from chapter 1 to 7 :smile:
ermmm... they r based on powerpoints: definitions, short notes and long notes too which are in much more detail and its from chapter 1 to 7 :smile:

can u pm me those too?
I'm doing computing gcse and stuck!!!!
Hey guys!

I'm currently doing the computer science ocr controlled assessment, and I was wondering if any of you can help?
Like how do you do the troubleshooting tree and any tips on how to get that a star?
Original post by rayestar
can u pm me those too?
I'm doing computing gcse and stuck!!!!

r u doing OCR?
Reply 17

Hey! I'm in Yr10, doing OCR Computer Science :smile:, if you don't mind could you please send those notes to me too?
Original post by Rii.M
Hey! I'm in Yr10, doing OCR Computer Science :smile:, if you don't mind could you please send those notes to me too?

haha... sure :smile:
hi i'm in year 11 doing OCR can you share your notes with me?? thank you :u:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest