The Student Room Group

American woman tells how Syrian refugees rescued her from sexual assault

The 27-year-old escaped and attempted to complain to police but they were busy trying to clear the square and shoved her back into the crowd, where another group of men started groping her and pulling her hair.

“I went into a kind of fighting mode, and kicked and hit and pushed until I got away,” she said. “I was getting really scared.”

That was when she was approached by a group of Syrian refugees offering help.

They formed a protective cordon around Ms Duncan to help her through the crowd, offered to phone her boyfriend and searched for him with her when she could not remember his number.

The couple were eventually reunited inside the railway station, with Ms Duncan crying in relief.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cologne-attacks-american-woman-tells-how-syrian-refugees-rescued-her-from-new-years-eve-sexual-a6816221.html

Among the group was Hesham Ahmad Mohammad, a 32-year-old primary school teacher who fled Aleppo and was celebrating New Year’s Eve in Cologne with other Syrian friends who have recently arrived in Germany.

He told the New York Times he was also frightened by the groups committing the attacks, saying they had “lost their minds” on drink and drugs.

“We keep hearing news about refugees all day: ‘They are bad people, they must go back to their home,’ he said.

“When I hear that in the news, I am sad. Because we know that there were bad boys and bad people. But the good people, nobody speaks about them.”

^ That's the message of OP.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wonder what all the people generalizing the migrants for being rapists are thinking...
Story about refugees doing good = Fully representative of refugees

Story about refugees doing bad = Vicious stereotyping which doesn't represent the real state of affairs

People on the far left are totally hypocritical.
Original post by mkap
I wonder what all the people generalizing the migrants for being rapists are thinking...

They don't care. They'll ignore it because it goes against their agenda
Reply 4
Original post by Student403
They don't care. They'll ignore it because it goes against their agenda

Just like people on the other side of the argument ignore things they don't like
Original post by joecphillips
Just like people on the other side of the argument ignore things they don't like

I'm not saying it's a one sided argument
Yes not all refugees are 'bad' only some are.

If someone takes you in, free of charge when you otherwise would be starving/dead you basically have no right to act 'bad'.
Not one refugee.
Hope they are both okay. Hope whoever was involved in the crime gets arrested.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Moron can't do comprehension.

My OP has absoltulty nothing to say on how representative these actions are either way.

Why don't you go round up some Syrian looking brown people and dish out some vigilante justice you far right fascist.

That's how stupid you sound, "far left"... Christ. You guys should hear yourselves.

mfw centre left

mfw perfect spelling
Original post by SonOfTheGun
mfw centre left

mfw perfect spelling

I guess the message in my OP is

“When I hear that in the news, I am sad. Because we know that there were bad boys and bad people. But the good people, nobody speaks about them.”

That's it. If doing that is against the rules in right wing land why would I not want to not be an *********? It should have nothing to do with left/right.

You can make some big victim complex thing of how evil the liberals are or how you are bullied by vegan lefties if you like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Story about refugees doing good = Fully representative of refugees

Story about refugees doing bad = Vicious stereotyping which doesn't represent the real state of affairs

People on the far left are totally hypocritical.

I haven't seen a single right-winger on this site say that a Syrian refugee raping someone isn't representative of all Syrian refugees. First cast out the plank from thine own eye, then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote from thy brother's eye.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
I haven't seen a single right-winger on this site say that a Syrian refugee raping someone isn't representative of all Syrian refugees. First cast out the plank from thine own eye, then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote from thy brother's eye.

It's total hypocrisy that people claim using the Cologne attacks is racism and stereotyping, but using some refugees doing something good isn't racism and stereotyping.

OP doesn't care about truth or accuracy, OP cares about creating a narrative to push his agenda.
We need to be hearing more about stories like these too!
The whole of the media at the moment is trying to get us to hate migrants by showing only the bad things that happen caused by probably 1 in every 20,000 migrants?

OP doesn't care about truth or accuracy, OP cares about creating a narrative to push his agenda.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

:smile:

:smile:

Maybe you should take up your beef with the American woman.

I literally just posted a the testimony of one of the victims of those attacks. That is the "truth" lol. I posted a fact. I didn't make any kind of political comment on it.

If there is any narrative it is what is physically happened lol ~ Woman assaulted by refugees also helped by refugees.

:qed:
(edited 8 years ago)
It's total hypocrisy that people claim using the Cologne attacks is racism and stereotyping, but using some refugees doing something good isn't racism and stereotyping.

Man, I thought you were a nice, reasonable guy. Unfollowed.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

My tears never stop flowing lol.
My tears never stop flowing lol.

And apparently neither does your bs :tongue:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Since I made this thread I have gained two follows.

I am a follow vampire. I feed of Son of Gun's life force. :devil3:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending