The Student Room Group

You all realise at least 80% of the refugees are vulnerable women and children

If that's not a reason to accept them all in then I don't know what is

You would rather turn away children than do the right thing?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't think anyone with half a brain cell would genuinely say that most refugees are undercover terrorists.
Reply 2
Source on that statistic?
Women can be terrorists as well. Just let them stay in their country. It is what's best for them as well as for us.

How much do refugees contribute to the British economy by the way?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by The Reality

Someone is delusional. They are mostly young males.
Children are little sh*ts tho and muh gender equality makes the fact they're women mean nothing.
Reply 6
Original post by Ciel.
Someone is delusional. They are mostly young males.

They are actually women and children. Have you read the guardian articles on this?
Reply 7
They are actually women and children. Have you read the guardian articles on this?

No but I don't need to - I'm not blind, and I trust my eyes.
Reply 8
Original post by Ciel.
No but I don't need to - I'm not blind, and I trust my eyes.

You are in denial, from what I have seen, they are literally all women and children. You demonstrate the heartless section of Europe.
No wonder they're so frustrated in Syria.
Reply 10

The states you're quoting are for refugees in neighbouring countries.

The actual percentages for men are much higher for those coming into Europe, suggesting many are leaving these woman and children behind.

for example: http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
Troll
Reply 12
You are in denial, from what I have seen, they are literally all women and children. You demonstrate the heartless section of Europe.

oh stop playing dumb. You are either retarded, or a troll.
Reply 13
You are in denial, from what I have seen, they are literally all women and children.

You need to look a bit harder then:

Taken from your precious Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/07/syrian-refugees-hungary-camp-cold-hungry
According to the UN approximately 50% of refugees are adult males and the other 50% are women and children.

For the record I absolutely support maintaining our intake of refugees, but the 80% figure you've come up with is incorrect.

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
One instance which does not mean anything. What are you actually saying? Based on that picture, at least 80% are men?
What a fool. That data is for the med and actually one area of the med. It accounts for a tiny proportion of all refugees. Come back to me when you have a statistic that represents at least 10% of refugees
What a fool. That data is for the med and actually one area of the med. It accounts for a tiny proportion of all refugees. Come back to me when you have a statistic that represents at least 10% of refugees

Do you have any stats or source to show a substantial disparity between demographics for the mediterranean and demographics for the UK/Europe/globally?

video records of boats show something else, in fact- if i remember correctly- 70% of "refugees" are male, in fighting age.
and even if- women can be a terrorist as well; is there any reason why you are a sexist like that?

And you demonstrate the guardian section of newspaper readers :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending