The Student Room Group

gaming my best friend

Me and my female best freind. We nah around a lot, we are naturally touchy, however recently I started liking her. Any I had to do something.

1. I started ignoring her texts, her invitation and calls to go out. This led to an ultimatum of her calling me, and fighting with me, she said she can't be treated this way. Then she went on to say people who ignore texts want the other person to think about them. I think my plan worked, she thought about me, hence the angry call.

2. We meet up, nothing has changed we have fun. This time I put in a few compliments, she suddenly jumps into life, and ask why you think that. Before when I complemented her, she used to say "you don't have to say these things to me"
She complemented me three times, never really happens. She talked about dates she went on, then she asked "who is this (insert name of girl) you keep seeing?"
This is either jealously or curiosity as she is my friend. But she pays attention to my snap chat as least.

Then she mentions that the waiter fancies me, because he keeps looking. She then says good with both guys and girls. Is this her saying I am attractive? Hence why she said she went out with other guys? Like to me they didn't sound like dates.

We later cuddle, she plays with my arm, my clothes, I have my hand on her bum, inner legs. However when I go for the kiss she moves her chin. But we still do the other things. ( maybe this is because she has never done this sort of things with friends.

3. Uni holidays start, I text her she ignores me. Then couple of days later she texts me back. This cycle continues, she will leave convos mid conversation. However she did text me happy Brithday and merry Christmas! But she ignored my replies, then two days later replies with "xxxx"

So she either wants to make me think about her, or she just wants attention.

Closer we get to uni, she stops ignoring texts, she was really desperate to hear about my holidays!
Exams time is near so that's what everyone is talking about now.

I ask her if she is single, she says no, and ask me if I am single? She has never done this before, and I have asked a couple of times before.
She then mention that girl again! I brush it off.

So what is happening?

1.does she like me now? After ignoring her, maybe she realised that she likes me? Like she knows I am attractive

2. She is playing games

3. She is my friend
Reply 1
When we last went out, she wore red lip stick and high heels, I have never seen her like this
Reply 2
N00b
You need to work on your writing because this was confusing to read. But from what I gather, you both seem to be playing games with each other. If you like her just tell her. If she doesn't feel the same then at least you know.
Reply 4
Original post by georgiaswift
You need to work on your writing because this was confusing to read. But from what I gather, you both seem to be playing games with each other. If you like her just tell her. If she doesn't feel the same then at least you know.

Sorry I am in my tablet, and I tried to make it brief as possible. Do you want me to go over anything?

Well in the last making a grand gesture of love has never really worked, unless if was at the start,

Hence why I rather kiss flirt with her, then kiss her m, then ask her out.
These texting games are annoying af.
Reply 6
Original post by hejraat
N00b

Man, you have loads of knowledge about relationships, would be really good if you could feedback on my situation, Obvs I will tep
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my female best freind. We nah around a lot, we are naturally touchy, however recently I started liking her. Any I had to do something.

1. I started ignoring her texts, her invitation and calls to go out. This led to an ultimatum of her calling me, and fighting with me, she said she can't be treated this way. Then she went on to say people who ignore texts want the other person to think about them. I think my plan worked, she thought about me, hence the angry call.

2. We meet up, nothing has changed we have fun. This time I put in a few compliments, she suddenly jumps into life, and ask why you think that. Before when I complemented her, she used to say "you don't have to say these things to me"
She complemented me three times, never really happens. She talked about dates she went on, then she asked "who is this (insert name of girl) you keep seeing?"
This is either jealously or curiosity as she is my friend. But she pays attention to my snap chat as least.

Then she mentions that the waiter fancies me, because he keeps looking. She then says good with both guys and girls. Is this her saying I am attractive? Hence why she said she went out with other guys? Like to me they didn't sound like dates.

We later cuddle, she plays with my arm, my clothes, I have my hand on her bum, inner legs. However when I go for the kiss she moves her chin. But we still do the other things. ( maybe this is because she has never done this sort of things with friends.

3. Uni holidays start, I text her she ignores me. Then couple of days later she texts me back. This cycle continues, she will leave convos mid conversation. However she did text me happy Brithday and merry Christmas! But she ignored my replies, then two days later replies with "xxxx"

So she either wants to make me think about her, or she just wants attention.

Closer we get to uni, she stops ignoring texts, she was really desperate to hear about my holidays!
Exams time is near so that's what everyone is talking about now.

I ask her if she is single, she says no, and ask me if I am single? She has never done this before, and I have asked a couple of times before.
She then mention that girl again! I brush it off.

So what is happening?

1.does she like me now? After ignoring her, maybe she realised that she likes me? Like she knows I am attractive

2. She is playing games

3. She is my friend

1) dont make it so obv you're giving her the silent treatment - if she asks you something just answer or if she says hi when she sees you (somwhere where you expect to see her every day like school only - if you see her elsewhere like shopping you HAVE to talk to her for at least 2 mins) just say hey back or something nice but short - so she cant really build on it
Never admit to giving her the silent treatmwnt, just distance yourself a bit, trust me it works wonders

2) compliment her but smile and make a joke about it if possible (not always but at times), for example 'nice dress, makes you look ninja-ey (wink)'LOL <'- that scenario is so wet but you get the point
When she said the thing about the waitress pass it on as a joke ' yeaaah im making men turn gay and all' and pass it on like that showing you're confident and well aware of your good qualities but not tooo cocky
Dont go in for the kill unlesss you are 1000%percent sure she wants it, in fact its better to use other techniques to get her interested a long time before you go in for the kill

3) i got this friend (opposite sex friend) who always replies late, you just need to take your time to reply too (not nessassarily as long but just show you've got things to do beside talking to her) and never bring attentiok to the fact she replies late - you haven't even noticed

3) dont extract information so obviously with questions like 'are you single', dont make it obv you care and try to find out less ... bluntly

From what you have said its hard to judge what she wants if not impossible, just assume she wants you anyway and keep talking to her
Reply 8
Original post by TSR Mustafa
These texting games are annoying af.

I do agree but they have stopped
Congratulations you are being used for an ego boost.
Misleading title rofl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending